Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might as well put ‘bonehead’ on the back of Bono’s jersey. Ship him out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Reference was to a left foot half volley to DeLeon which was an excellent play
    Reference was about a minute too late, then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Why is Bono playing????????? This goal is 100% on Vanney, absolutely ridiculous decision to start him.
    Yeah can we blame Bono at this point? This is a Vanney issue. Guy shouldnt be starting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Reference was about a minute too late, then.
    "It's a shame" in reference to Delgado's pass because of the "excellent play" from before.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Caldwell. Waaay too slow buildup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw anyone else think that Qintero was offside when the ball was kicked?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure Vanney can judge talent for shit. We gave up the wrong center back, we don't have any wingers but we shipped out Telfer on loan despite reasonable play from him last year, and Hamilton's back at TFC II despite scoring several times already. I think he bases all of his picks on personality first, talent second. I can see it being better than the reverse, as a talented headcase is still a headcase. WHy did we get rid of Lovitz, Raheem, and Hagglund despite all having had at least some good performances for us? I won't say Zavaleta was poor during the big year, because no one was really except maybe Cooper. But he was never great, never a player that made you confident. Raheem still has potential to be an excellent MLS player, Lovitz has been moved back to fullback -- something he's tried now with multiple wingers on the left but didn't try with Lovitz, who is now a U.S. international and consistently one of the better backs in the league. Playing in a stable role at Cincy, hagglund looks like he did his second year, and is a monster in the air.

Bono has looked shaky since his first year competing with -- and being outplayed by - Q, who wasn't good enough either. Yeah he had great stats in the cup year, but look at the line in front of him and how they performed. In retrospect Drew Moor should've been a candidate for defender of the year, he was so important.

Man, I dunno. Maybe his ability to mold them into a unit fools us sometimes into seeing Vanney's shortcomings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Lord we have one Great Player the best #10 for TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking epic strike in the meantime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh mang. Dude is clinical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POZUELO > Gio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shut the eff up Caldwell

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next time somebody says "Poz doesn't look interested" or "Poz is not able to get going".....just wait. Only going to judge the man ever on a 90 minute body of work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure Vanney can judge talent for shit. We gave up the wrong center back, we don't have any wingers but we shipped out Telfer on loan despite reasonable play from him last year, and Hamilton's back at TFC II despite scoring several times already. I think he bases all of his picks on personality first, talent second. I can see it being better than the reverse, as a talented headcase is still a headcase. WHy did we get rid of Lovitz, Raheem, and Hagglund despite all having had at least some good performances for us? I won't say Zavaleta was poor during the big year, because no one was really except maybe Cooper. But he was never great, never a player that made you confident. Raheem still has potential to be an excellent MLS player, Lovitz has been moved back to fullback -- something he's tried now with multiple wingers on the left but didn't try with Lovitz, who is now a U.S. international and consistently one of the better backs in the league. Playing in a stable role at Cincy, hagglund looks like he did his second year, and is a monster in the air.

Bono has looked shaky since his first year competing with -- and being outplayed by - Q, who wasn't good enough either. Yeah he had great stats in the cup year, but look at the line in front of him and how they performed. In retrospect Drew Moor should've been a candidate for defender of the year, he was so important.

Man, I dunno. Maybe his ability to mold them into a unit fools us sometimes into seeing Vanney's shortcomings.
    I think there's a good amount of truth to this, though I disagree on Hagglund. I haven't kept up with other teams closely since week 3, but in those first few games I saw some bad Hagglund mistakes on goals against. There was a time I thought Hagglund had a lot more promise than he seems to actually have. He offers different things from Zavaleta but ultimately I don't see either as being better or worse than the other.

Anyways this Pozuelo guy is money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Next time somebody says "Poz doesn't look interested" or "Poz is not able to get going".....just wait. Only going to judge the man ever on a 90 minute body of work.
    B-B-Belgian league isn’t good... this guy can’t be the real deal... 4 goals 4 assists in 4 games, almost had a hattrick.

He’s obviously the real deal, opposition fans have really taken notice as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in love w the pozo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Ok with the giving Bono a shot here tonight thing but enough is enough for me now. Q brings more to this team then Bono right now. Team needs that distribution, that leadership & that sense of stability. Bono can do that again - not now though. His confidence is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bonos needs to sit For a month or two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    He offers different things from Zavaleta but ultimately I don't see either as being better or worse than the other..
    Yeah maybe, because of inconsistencies. But I would argue Zavaleta is considerably more inconsistent; he's also never averaged seven clearances a game or won the audi player index for overall performance multiple times. Hagglund has.

I'm not sure either is ever an ideal starter, but if I had to pick one it's Hagglund every time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    B-B-Belgian league isn’t good... this guy can’t be the real deal... 4 goals 4 assists in 4 games, almost had a hattrick.

He’s obviously the real deal, opposition fans have really taken notice as well.
    The funny thing is this probably betrays more about how American MLS fans often don't follow Europe than anything, because other than the fallacy about Belgium, there's also the fact that Pozuelo was pretty much lauded as a great player on all of his loans away from Spain, too. I mean, it's not like he's ever looked anything but a top-level player, regardless of the league he was in.

If Vasquez hadn't been terrified/injured in Mexico, they might say the same about him. He lost his spot in Barcelona to injuries but had just made the first team when it happened and did actually appear for them in Champions League. But they said the same thing about the Belgian league then.

'Muricans being 'murican.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I'm in love w the pozo
    When we play him up as a false nine, he shows how clinically technical he is by finishing like a life-long striker. He could probably break records up there with ease if he didn't spend as much or more time dishing out perfect passes.

Guy is maybe the best player in the league, age and potential longevity taken into consideration.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So the Chicago lineup - except Ciman in for Moor. Going to need to score 4.

I have not changed my mind.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing is this probably betrays more about how American MLS fans often don't follow Europe than anything, because other than the fallacy about Belgium, there's also the fact that Pozuelo was pretty much lauded as a great player on all of his loans away from Spain, too. I mean, it's not like he's ever looked anything but a top-level player, regardless of the league he was in.

If Vasquez hadn't been terrified/injured in Mexico, they might say the same about him. He lost his spot in Barcelona to injuries but had just made the first team when it happened and did actually appear for them in Champions League. But they said the same thing about the Belgian league then.

'Muricans being 'murican.
    He's never had a single loan.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't blame Vanney for giving Bono another shot. However, it's on him if he keeps playing Bono and Bono plays like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we play him up as a false nine, he shows how clinically technical he is by finishing like a life-long striker. He could probably break records up there with ease if he didn't spend as much or more time dishing out perfect passes.

Guy is maybe the best player in the league, age and potential longevity taken into consideration.
    He’s also playing defense, back in our own box, tracking back and recuperating possession — impressive workrate. In the first half, Osorio lost the ball and then just stood there, doesn’t turn around, doesn’t try to retrieve the ball — just stood there.

Laryea is actually looking pretty decent in his tenure thus far, which surpassed my expectations. Ciman seems to have settled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ssh since 2016 and this is the first rainy game. At 100's on east side.
    Bone dry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomLawrence View Post
    He's never had a single loan.
    He was at Swansea for an entire year.

EDIT: Oh, you're right that was a full-time deal. I did not realize that.