Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Just thought about it now, but why did Vanney start Jozy if he'd been feeling his hammy all week? Auro was kept out as precaution, so why not Jozy? He's obviously more important than Auro and the game was an insignificant one against an average Western conference team. Was totally unnecessary to play him.
    I hadn't thought about that, it's a very good point. Consider also it was a cold evening game. I was also really surprised there was only one striker on the bench, Hamilton. (Has anyone heard of injuries to Akinola or Boyd? I haven't heard anything.) Altidore is great, but I think Hamilton and Akinola could have done a job if Altidore wasn't 100% fit.

What happened to the sports science company that was supposed to be hired for this year? They were supposed to keep close tabs on all players, incl. wear & tear, fitness and recovery regime. That was to avoid the issues of overuse and injury that we saw last year, and plan for a healthy rotation. Normally TFC likes to talk about stuff like that in their videos, but there hasn't been a peep about this company.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post

yes With Hamilton it’s taken how long for Vanney to create formations that best represent the players he has instead of ( last year forcing his formations on players I’ll equipped to succeed in those formations . He’s stubborn period . We lost a 2016 championship game we should never have lost and last season should not have been the disaster it was . Our D is horrid a problem from early last year never rectified . His constant parking of the bus when we are ahead by 1 , for how many years , simply kills us . Don’t mention his constant same for same subs or worse defender or bringing on s defender trying to come from behind ?? I’ll let his results speak for themselves but me and others close to me are frequently disappointed when we predict a problematic coaching decision that affects a win . I haven’t the time to lists points , I’ve heard rumours that Mr. Bradley calls the shots anyhow . PS meeting him was not inspirational moment of my life . If that was the aura he has in the locker room ( some athletes need to be inspired on off days ), I’m not sure that’s his forte . But he may changing and becoming less rigid this year , he didn’t wait till the 85th min to try to win ...I admire your steadfast believe in this coach . A credit to your knowledge of the game , hats off . I hope your 100% correct .
    LOL!!! I guess you didn't re-watch the Jordan Hamilton interview where he credited Vanney's tactics. I think Hamilton might know a little bit about football, perhaps even more than some of our most knowledgeable board members.

As far as my views go, for whatever they are worth, I'll call out Vanney if he plays Bono next game.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-22-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So the Chicago lineup - except Ciman in for Moor. Going to need to score 4.
    NAILED IT

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    btw anyone else think that Qintero was offside when the ball was kicked?
    Ciman keeps him on. in the feed you can see Laryea putting him offside but as the run starts Ciman comes into view in a spot where he must have kept him on.

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We're gifting the points away tonight.

Hamilton's back. I still hold out hope for him; he seems like such a good finisher, but not very aggressive.
    he got a bit aggro that night. well done kid.

After the fact that was an entertaining match. The roller coaster ride during the match I can do without though......

The whole team is to blame on the first goal. Bono definitely has to do better (without question, what a crap attempt) but two balls over the top being allowed without any challenge (back to mid, mid to quintero) while our CB's have gone on a walkabout is crazy. That was a full team f&*kup that Bono will take most of the heat for due to his inability to clean up a terrible situation.