Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 4 - Chicago @ TFC - Saturday April 6 3pm - Give Em Your Love in Our House

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to be a very long week. Anxiously awaiting for Saturday’s game for many reasons.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3-0 for the boys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    3-0 for the boys
    Yeah, I see no reason why we shouldn't win this game handily, barring catastrophe. Even though Chicago looked better against RBNY, we're still at home and we're still the better team.

4-0-0 to start the season. Who would've thunk it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the last 3 matches, the teams going in have looked like having competent offences & solid defences - and then proceeded to stink up the place on both sides. For the first time, we face a team with a solid offence & a shaky defence. In all 3 matches, our midfield was able to stifle their midfield (although Philly missed some sitters). That will have to happen again.

We are at home against an East opponent - if we want to succeed in this conference, we need to win these games. I want to see us go out there & establish the defence as something that IS rock solid. But I have my doubts.

Regardless, there should be goals in this game. I would take a 4-3 win but its just as likely in my mind to be the other way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They way they moved that ball vs NYC is impeccable I cannot see why they cant continue that . I am still not confident with The Backline though but I think Vanney and His staff will figure something out. Like to see Hamilton grt some minutes . I say TFC 2 Fire 0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    For the last 3 matches, the teams going in have looked like having competent offences & solid defences - and then proceeded to stink up the place on both sides. For the first time, we face a team with a solid offence & a shaky defence. In all 3 matches, our midfield was able to stifle their midfield (although Philly missed some sitters). That will have to happen again.

We are at home against an East opponent - if we want to succeed in this conference, we need to win these games. I want to see us go out there & establish the defence as something that IS rock solid. But I have my doubts.

Regardless, there should be goals in this game. I would take a 4-3 win but its just as likely in my mind to be the other way.
    Sadly there is a offensive newness with Chicago that doesn't have time to read. Toronto right now is very vulnerable defensively. We have been really really really really lucky. The draw has been amazing. The next few games are going to really give a decent picture as to just how shaky they are when faced with a team that can score. A strong attack can do wonders if the mind set is right. So the key here is not to give up too many early goals and fight for goals at all times. Pozo was icing his knee in shorts at BMO after he came off the pitch which concerns me.

More so if Vanney thinks as some of these comments and trains the team how he often does for games he thinks should be easy... we are doomed to lose. So lets hope He is more cautious and sheepish about the teams chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, not to roundly curse us but i think we absolutely run them over.

All of their leftbacks are injured (1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice) DeLeon and Auro were really effective down that side of the field last week.

Watching them play Seattle, they had issues dealing with Morris's speed and physicality and CB's were weak. I can't see that being any more favourable to them with Altidore playing up top.

And finally, their midfield shape so far this season has roundly been a disaster. If we can make it through NYCFC's press this will be much easier.

They have good attacking pieces in midfield but no balance. At times it looks like the play a 5-0-5, absolutely atrocious positioning. Even if Gaitan is great but he's not going to solve any of the most serious problems the team has right now.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 03-31-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched some the Chicago game this past weekend and did not come away impressed at all. I was extremely impressed with us going forward and it should only get better as the team trains as a complete squad together. As TFC becomes better offensively and keeps possession and press when they lose the ball will in turn make our defence better.

TFC wins 2-0 Altidore and Oso. Puzeolo with 2 assists

BTW great track from a Chicago legend that was lost 5 years ago today

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus don’t forget their is a free t-shirt to the first 10,000 thru the gate. Looking forward to some day time football, hopefully with the sun out.

With a full week of training after his debut performance have to believe its only going to get better especially with Jozy.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Plus don’t forget their is a free t-shirt to the first 10,000 thru the gate. Looking forward to some day time football, hopefully with the sun out.

With a full week of training after his debut performance have to believe its only going to get better especially with Jozy.
    Thanks for the reminder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you find out about the t shirt? I've not received an email and I don't see it online? I'd love it if there was a published list of special dates...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Have at It People
    What a pleasant surprise this was to see as your track selection for this match...I have fond memories of Frankie Knuckles DJing at the Green Space Parties for Pride weekend for the couple years leading up to his death, have also had the pleasure of taking a walk along Frankie Knuckles Way and spending a few moments outside of the original Warehouse Club on Jefferson Ave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Where did you find out about the t shirt? I've not received an email and I don't see it online? I'd love it if there was a published list of special dates...
    I saw a sponsored ad on instagram and a banner ad in my browser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

If anyone has a list of other promotional dates I'd greatly appreciate it (particularly Pride)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    What a pleasant surprise this was to see as your track selection for this match...I have fond memories of Frankie Knuckles DJing at the Green Space Parties for Pride weekend for the couple years leading up to his death, have also had the pleasure of taking a walk along Frankie Knuckles Way and spending a few moments outside of the original Warehouse Club on Jefferson Ave.
    I echo the love for Frankie Knuckles. Very appropriate selection with Chicago coming to town.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to seeing Pozuelo repeat the quality he showed on Friday.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Pozuelo repeat the quality he showed on Friday.
    I really think him and Jozy will be a wrecking crew. His balls in behind are fantastic, and Jozy really has an eye for making those runs.

The game against Chicago last year was the game I really felt like we were back in 2014 era TFC. If I remember correctly we were up 2-0 late, and they came back and stole a point in time added. Felt like a loss and a kick in the pants at a time when we needed to start putting together wins. Was a bit foreshadowing what would come. I'm really looking forward to righting that.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I really think him and Jozy will be a wrecking crew. His balls in behind are fantastic, and Jozy really has an eye for making those runs.

The game against Chicago last year was the game I really felt like we were back in 2014 era TFC. If I remember correctly we were up 2-0 late, and they came back and stole a point in time added. Felt like a loss and a kick in the pants at a time when we needed to start putting together wins. Was a bit foreshadowing what would come. I'm really looking forward to righting that.
    Agreed! It would certainly be nice to gain some redemption from that debacle.

And yeah, Jozy's off-the-shoulder runs are definitely one of his strengths (eg. the Cup-winner). Given Pozuelo's vision and ability to play those balls trhough, I anticipate great things.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We won 2 other games against them last year but I'm with you....only remember that bad game as it was the first time when I thought we were not going to make the playoffs.

VV chip (not quite as good as Pozuelo)
    Seba goal called offside but didn't look clear & obvious.
    Bad VAR PK call where Morgan goes to take a kick, Fire guy steps in front of him & gets kicked - Bono save
    Chicago 1st goal was offside & not called back because it wasn't clear & obvious
    Alan Gorden with the winner in stoppage time

I think we are in a better place now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The addition of Pozuelo and the win streak have really got me excited about this season. Saturday will be my first game this year; looking forward to seeing this guy play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game is on at the worst possible time for me – 3 am. Ugh.

Think I'll probably be watching the highlights only.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I remember about that game is outrage about the fact that the game time was not moved. It was on a Saturday afternoon, with us having played the CCL final a 6 hour flight away late Wednesday night.

Teams in Europe get extremely agitated if they have to play in three days because of CL. But no team in a serious league would have to play a game 60 hours after playing a Cup final that was a 6 or 7 hour flight away.

If you want to understand the 2018 TFC breakdown, that is a place to start.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-02-2019 at 01:21 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    This game is on at the worst possible time for me – 3 am. Ugh.

Think I'll probably be watching the highlights only.
    When did they change the game time from 3:00pm? Damn MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    When did they change the game time from 3:00pm? Damn MLS
    It's a new viewing experiment - play the game overnight in N. America to get the European breakfast crowd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think him and Jozy will be a wrecking crew. His balls in behind are fantastic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Agreed! It would certainly be nice to gain some redemption from that debacle.

And yeah, Jozy's off-the-shoulder runs are definitely one of his strengths (eg. the Cup-winner). Given Pozuelo's vision and ability to play those balls trhough, I anticipate great things.
    Id really like to see if Hamilton (who seems to have a fairly accurate shot) can link up with pozo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait!! I'm bummed to have missed the home opener. Doing it the right way this time Joe's > BMO Field. Would love to see Pozuelo repeat his Friday form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argh, I'll be watching my son's trial with the Trent U team. Hopefully I'll get back in time to catch the last 15 minutes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-1 TFC is my prediction. Osorio and Jozy score, Pozuelo two assists. Chicago has some pretty good players I think they will do better than we think this season.