Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    And seriously, did someone criticise Pozo after 2 games?
    Guy beside me thought he was bad and should have been subbed. Didn't see the dribble & pinpoint passes it seems.

We are playing a different way now with Jozy getting balls to his chest to turn. We will get goals but this takes time to adjust through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Osorio needs to be subbed. He has completely lost his touch around net. That ball from Poz was right on his foot.
    That didn’t age well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw the hilights. Crap - here we are clamouring to add attacking wingers...when we have major problems. At the back. Bono is not playing like a #1 that will win the Supporters Shield. We badly need a better keeper & another CB. First goal was calamitous and self inflicted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really unsure what Vanney was doing formation-wise, although it really worked in the first half.

TFC were moving Altidore and Pozo all over the field (in an attempt to shake man marking?)

Not sure about that. It worked on the second goal, with Jozy playing wing, but it seemed to leave us lacking the final touch/move a lot.... Jozy was in an AM slot too often....

Total football tough to play unless you are Barcelona or Man City.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That didn’t age well.
    In his defence (this week only) Osorio was poor today I thought. I find he needs to be in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. 3-5-2 he always looks off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    In his defence (this week only) Osorio was poor today I thought. I find he needs to be in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. 3-5-2 he always looks off.
    The goal was good. Perhaps he should use his head more often, because that way, he won’t have to think about which foot to use. Poz, like VV, will soon learn to spot the pass right on Osorio’s strong foot, or, it is wasted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am really unsure what Vanney was doing formation-wise, although it really worked in the first half.

TFC were moving Altidore and Pozo all over the field (in an attempt to shake man marking?)

Not sure about that. It worked on the second goal, with Jozy playing wing, but it seemed to leave us lacking the final touch/move a lot.... Jozy was in an AM slot too often....

Total football tough to play unless you are Barcelona or Man City.
    Gotta give Chicago some credit. First half they defended like their lives depended on it. Seems moving Scwansteiger to CH is paying off for them. Watched their game last week and he was outstanding in that game too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    With Laryea, I wonder if Vanney is still smarting from not seeing now-U.S. national team member Daniel Lovitz's potential as a fullback and trying too hard. Laryea is a tricky winger who can contribute in the way De Leon does, but he's not a consistent enough professional yet to just up and start playing as a defender. He's not good enough at reading and reacting to do that, I suspect. He had two major gaffes today, one almost costing a goal and the other putting them ahead.
    I thought Layrea had a decent game today. I’m guessing the sub was tactical as there were others in red performing a lot worse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Feels bad, but at least we salvaged the point. Poz didn't look so much in the match as last week.

Maybe he tired towards the end.
    He seemed to play in a much deeper role. Whether that was deliberate or he was just trying to get space from the Fire defence I don’t know. A few flashes of brilliance but we need much more from him that we got today

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No complaints. A fair result with decent refereeing. Schweinsteiger was sublime defensively. Last year they would have lost this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen quite a bit of criticism of individual players. Yes there were many individual errors. Also note we had had more than double the shots on target, and a couple of weak headers straight to their keeper that would have / should have gone in on a better day.

Biggest issue for me were long periods, especially in the 2nd half, where TFC seemed to take their foot off the gas. Most players weren't running off the ball; sometimes players weren't running down the wings to provide options. But the biggest outcome of the lackadaisical attitude were weak passes, too close to the Chicago players at a time when they were pressing and trying to intercept Toronto's passes. Yeah Laryea screwed up on the 2nd goal, but why is Moor passing to Laryea when he has 3 Chicago players right around him? Similar weak-ass passes, turnovers, and near-turnovers in the middle of the park (at risk for counter attacks) were committed by multiple players repeatedly, including Pozuelo and Bradley. Times like that, when things are going sideways, I feel that nobody in the club (incl. Vanney and Bradley) have the authority nor the motivational instinct to put their foot down and turn things around. One weak / dangerous pass is soon followed by another.

Things were dragging for a while, it was clear we needed a spark, but Vanney once again did his first sub (68') after we gave up a goal (62').

I don't think a tie after 3 wins is awful; I liked the chances created, and some nice passing for good stretches of the game. But the apparent motivation / attitude issues do bug me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure this was a bit of a disappointing result, but let's remember that TFC is sitting first in the East with a game in hand. It's fine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got to say I was extremely impressed with Laryea and DeLeon in this game. That right side was stellar on the stream.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I've seen quite a bit of criticism of individual players. Yes there were many individual errors. Also note we had had more than double the shots on target, and a couple of weak headers straight to their keeper that would have / should have gone in on a better day.

Biggest issue for me were long periods, especially in the 2nd half, where TFC seemed to take their foot off the gas. Most players weren't running off the ball; sometimes players weren't running down the wings to provide options. But the biggest outcome of the lackadaisical attitude were weak passes, too close to the Chicago players at a time when they were pressing and trying to intercept Toronto's passes. Yeah Laryea screwed up on the 2nd goal, but why is Moor passing to Laryea when he has 3 Chicago players right around him? Similar weak-ass passes, turnovers, and near-turnovers in the middle of the park (at risk for counter attacks) were committed by multiple players repeatedly, including Pozuelo and Bradley. Times like that, when things are going sideways, I feel that nobody in the club (incl. Vanney and Bradley) have the authority nor the motivational instinct to put their foot down and turn things around. One weak / dangerous pass is soon followed by another.

Things were dragging for a while, it was clear we needed a spark, but Vanney once again did his first sub (68') after we gave up a goal (62').

I don't think a tie after 3 wins is awful; I liked the chances created, and some nice passing for good stretches of the game. But the apparent motivation / attitude issues do bug me.
    It’s a game we should have won, but there’s a problem playing possession football when you don’t have the talent to do it. 75% possession is great, but you need to do something with it.

Bono is useless with his feet, constantly out of position, and makes far too many mistakes. Can’t count on him to save us like the keepers in the league who stand on their heads to get results. He’s “young” for a keeper, considering you don’t have the same kind of development here that is producing 9-year-old starters like Donnarumma. He even did an interview recently where he talked about the struggle, that he wasn’t fit enough, etc.

It’s nice to give him time, but he certainly doesn’t fit the style of football TFC are trying to play if he can’t kick a ball.

Moor is pretty much done. Mavinga has some lapses but he’s saved the team so many times with last ditch tackles that could have ended up being goals instead. He’s also a good passer, which is important when you’re trying to play out the back. Ciman is similar, but it seems he can’t defend whatsoever at this point.

Osorio scores, but he was straight garbage most of the game and was constantly losing the ball, a black hole in front of the goal, and misplacing passes.

Chapman isn’t good. He’s not “a kid.” Yeah, he scored last week, but he lends nothing to the team in general.

Bradley fucked up a lot today. Lots of misplaced passes or passing straight to the opposition.

Pozo was good, but he can’t do it all himself. No need for him to be retrieving balls in our half all game. Last game he was playing further forward. Seba drew a lot of attention allowing for other players to find space. But now Jozy is getting mobbed and Pozo is running end to end.

Jozy was great today. Deleon played well. Delgado has his moments... then didn’t.

We were better overall, but sometimes it doesn’t work out. The takeaway is that our defense is still not great, the goalkeeping is terrible, and while we’re undefeated, this isn’t a side that will win the cup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago is not good. We were coasting to a 3-0 victory until Bono's boneheaded blunder once again at the worst possible time. Completely deflated us. How many blunders does it take for him to ride the bench for a couple games to teach him a lesson and stay competitive?

I actually thought Laryea played quite well today. Most of our first half chances came thru him and he defended well. His one mistake was the bad pass but to be fair he shouldn't have received the ball. For first time playing RB for us I give him a passing grade.

I think I'm more angry at the amount of boneheaded errors costing us goals/points. If Chicago earned their goals id be okay. But Bono's blunder literally deflated me in the stands today. Time for some time on the bench. Way too many soft goals for anyone's liking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised no body mention Delgado and his non existenceness. Vanney has to drop him in favour of putting Oso in there. Because the team is very imbalanced with Deleon attacking on one side and Oso cutting in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bono scares the shit out of me.at this point i would take bendik over bono.i would be shocked if westberg doesnt start next week.bono is usl caliber,and we need a wide player with some speed for games like this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Surprised no body mention Delgado and his non existenceness. Vanney has to drop him in favour of putting Oso in there. Because the team is very imbalanced with Deleon attacking on one side and Oso cutting in.
    Once these new TAM wingers finally come in, only one of Osorio or Delgado are needed on the pitch alongside Bradley. They're all more similar than different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

I didnt see lack of motivation. I saw players unsure how to beat a ten men behind the ball without Seba to create all on his own. The standing around seemed to be from uncertainty. Not laziness. A lazy team doesn’t come back - Jozy basically willed that goal to happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were magnificent for stretches the previous game. This game, not so much. Curious as to why. Chicago tactics? Bad luck with the first goal? Over confidence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Chicago is not good. We were coasting to a 3-0 victory until Bono's boneheaded blunder once again at the worst possible time. Completely deflated us. How many blunders does it take for him to ride the bench for a couple games to teach him a lesson and stay competitive?

I actually thought Laryea played quite well today. Most of our first half chances came thru him and he defended well. His one mistake was the bad pass but to be fair he shouldn't have received the ball. For first time playing RB for us I give him a passing grade.

I think I'm more angry at the amount of boneheaded errors costing us goals/points. If Chicago earned their goals id be okay. But Bono's blunder literally deflated me in the stands today. Time for some time on the bench. Way too many soft goals for anyone's liking.
    yes, Chicago put 10 guys back and did nothing until we scored, then they started to play. then bono cost us that goal and the chicago went back to 10 guys sitting back defence.
    bono killed the excitement of the game by letting that goal in. the game was starting to open up a bit before that goal.
    we would have easily got another 2 goals if he didn't let that goal in.
    ive always defended Bono in the past but now it's kind of obvious he's not that good. 3 shots on goal 2 goals

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I didnt see lack of motivation. I saw players unsure how to beat a ten men behind the ball without Seba to create all on his own. The standing around seemed to be from uncertainty. Not laziness. A lazy team doesn’t come back - Jozy basically willed that goal to happy.
    Yes they were lazy or at least coasting for periods of the game, not for all of it. That's not what I said. Of course they weren't lazy when they got the goal back. I mentioned that I liked the chances created. There were enough chances created to win, so that's good. Just needed better finishing for that. I also mentioned great passing sequences for good portions of the game.

But stopping to run into space for periods of the game is not uncertainty. Repeated dangerous/weak passes in midfield, in vulnerable areas, is not uncertainty. (That lead to both goals against, and a number of other dangerous chances that Chicago didn't capitalize on.) And a few TFC players jogging after turnovers, is also not uncertainty. (BTW it didn't look like exhaustion in most cases.) Of course mistakes happen, no big deal. But if similar mistakes happen repeatedly from multiple players, that worries me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Eh... I did.

Osorio is trash though. Last season was an anomaly because TFC was awful and somehow he got on the end of a lot of passes from talented players.

On his own he is talented at taking too many touches, thinking way too much, sending balls into orbit, etc. Osorio wont have a season like last year ever again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. Some people in here are hilarious. People chirping Osorio and Delgado. TFC was so dominate for 45 mins, it wasn’t even funny. Like people in here have stated, the only reason the fire were able to stay in this game was another horrible display of goaltending. Nothing else.

Watch the replay. Mavinga reaction as soon as the ball is turned over is fantastic. He pushed Sapong to a horrible shooting angle. Bono just needs to stay in his net, but he gets a moment of a.d.d, and gets stuck in no mans land. He’s been horrible since March 2018, and this team with a winger addition has MLS Cup potential. He needs to be traded in league, and a replacement needs to be found. TFC isn’t a team that needs to develop goalies. He’s had over a year to prove that he’s a top MLS keeper, and he’s proven he isn’t even in the top 16.

The team is great bar Bono. People need to get off everyone else’s back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado pinged like 4 or 5 perfect cross field balls to Morrow. He was good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinged passes going backward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    LOL. Some people in here are hilarious. People chirping Osorio and Delgado. TFC was so dominate for 45 mins, it wasn’t even funny. Like people in here have stated, the only reason the fire were able to stay in this game was another horrible display of goaltending. Nothing else.

Watch the replay. Mavinga reaction as soon as the ball is turned over is fantastic. He pushed Sapong to a horrible shooting angle. Bono just needs to stay in his net, but he gets a moment of a.d.d, and gets stuck in no mans land. He’s been horrible since March 2018, and this team with a winger addition has MLS Cup potential. He needs to be traded in league, and a replacement needs to be found. TFC isn’t a team that needs to develop goalies. He’s had over a year to prove that he’s a top MLS keeper, and he’s proven he isn’t even in the top 16.

The team is great bar Bono. People need to get off everyone else’s back.
    Have to agree, here. Yohan, I think, was also making a similar case.

People, here, are going to town on a player that has scored a goal to salvage a point, against a team that's parking the bus and hitting on the counter (we may actually fare better against better sides, contrary to the fear of those matches a few have projected).

There's still some adjusting/gelling to do, for a team that's ultimately undergone massive change; I was also gutted to drop a couple points, but happy we made sure not to lose, and maintain a great start to the season.

Really don't understand some of the venom in a few of the more scathing comments. Sheesh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney afterwards on their 1st goal.

Make of it what you will but the blame is pretty squarely put here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also don't get some of the strong criticisms of individual players (although over the course of many games, Alex Bono does worry me). Sometimes I wonder if we were all watching different games. If you don't believe my eyes, then check the stats. Delgado had the highest player rating after Altidore; then DeLeon; Osorio not far behind. I'm not going to bet my life on player stats especially in detail, but they are going to give you an idea whether a player was contributing positively or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a tie that felt like a loss, the possession was dominant but not effective, everything was telegraphed and slow. We desperately need another attacking option, hopefully Curtis gets us a winger in this window.

Its time to see what Westberg can do, Bono is far from a write off but there has to be consequences for errors that are happening almost every game

I think Vanney waited to long to make changes, it was clear by the 60 minute mark that a breakthrough wasn't coming, I would have liked to have seen JHams come on as another attacking outlet and create a bit of space for Jozy.

On the plus side it was great to see the team comeback and get the point, that effort and fortitude wasn't seen much last year and we are still in good shape in the standings.