Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    This is getting tedious.

There are 12 players with 3 assists in this league.

If you want to argue that this list isn't good...well

Nani
    Vela
    Diomande
    Elis
    Quintero
    DeLeon
    Osorio
    Rooney
    Lodeiro
    Blessing
    Moreno
    Higuian

We get it...you don't like the guy.

He's producing at a good level given his wage.
    Ah, pointless statistic logic from a small sample of games.

Jay Chapman is our best player with 1 goal and 2 assists in 81 minutes and we should give him a DP salary because his production is absolutely insane. Why even pay Osorio, who has no instagram game, when you can pay a guy who literally has one less assist than Carlos Vela and accomplished this immense feat in just 81 minutes? Play Chapman 81 more minutes and he’s bound to be MVP this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You begin to wonder why some people are even here, "supporting" this club. o.0

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    “I don’t think he gets caught in no mans land”. And yet, if you read every other piece of that quote, it’s essentially exactly what is described.
    Reckon he meant that, in his opinion, Bono wasn't quite in no-mans land, feeling he still had a chance at making a save, before falling over made any such effort impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JFC can we just mute the guy
    Last edited by Jack; 04-08-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    You begin to wonder why some people are even here, "supporting" this club. o.0

Reckon he meant that, in his opinion, Bono wasn't quite in no-mans land, feeling he still had a chance at making a save, before falling over made any such effort impossible.
    I support TFC, not individual players.

Will Johnson broke his leg to win us a trophy, but he’s neither an amazing human being nor an amazing footballer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    I dunno, I think it’s more what the other guy said where Vanney knows his player screwed up and is walking a tight rope to give a sound bite to a reporter.

From what I saw, not only did he fall over but he was in the wrong spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I dunno, I think it’s more what the other guy said where Vanney knows his player screwed up and is walking a tight rope to give a sound bite to a reporter.

From what I saw, not only did he fall over but he was in the wrong spot.
    I mean, his words aren't flattering, either way you interpret it; I felt like he were very clearly making it known that he sees the first goal as being on Bono, but I also think he's being balanced in his response, making certain not to absolutely torch him.

As someone else noted: an interesting dance, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I support TFC, not individual players.

Will Johnson broke his leg to win us a trophy, but he’s neither an amazing human being nor an amazing footballer.
    Look at your last responses; I feel like if someone's not in complete agreement with you, you're unable to let things go, snapping back at the slightest of nuanced views.

For me, this is supposed to be an enjoyable experience, for all; there will be disagreements, and for sure the odd argument, even… but, ultimately, we remember we're on the same side, as you say. Have to agree with paul-collins: your tone is most always a belligerent one, often oozing with sarcasm and back-handed compliments. I don't mean to join the pile-on, as such, but perhaps, when every week you seem to be getting into it with someone else, you might want to have a look at yourself, and if it's all even worth it any more, for you.

To be clear, I feel like you bring some interesting perspective on things, at times… but, often let yourself down with these various spats, making it difficult to see past the person.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Ah, pointless statistic logic from a small sample of games.

Jay Chapman is our best player with 1 goal and 2 assists in 81 minutes and we should give him a DP salary because his production is absolutely insane. Why even pay Osorio, who has no instagram game, when you can pay a guy who literally has one less assist than Carlos Vela and accomplished this immense feat in just 81 minutes? Play Chapman 81 more minutes and he’s bound to be MVP this year.
    Stegosaurus, we're all supporting TFC here. Your posts have a confrontational and hostile tone. Maybe step away and remember we're all on the same side and we are discussing opinions, of which there are many.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quickly skimmed through the thread and there is a lot of criticism of our players in certain situations and they are warranted but didn't see much mention of the fact that chicago came in knowing they were a pathetic and vastly inferior team to the one they were playing (yes, some bright players but as a team they are awful). They frustrated and physically attacked players all game as their only path to success and it worked. The ref allowed shit that should never have been allowed. our lads allowed them to get under their skin and further frustrate them.

If the ref hands out a few yellows in the first 10 minutes as he should have this is a different game. What I don't know is how we get through teams that are just there to batter ankles and put 14 men behind the ball (looked like there were more of them behind the ball than possible).

Anyway, frustrating game all around but I think Laryea had a great runout (and yes he was partially accountable on the second goal but c'est la vie). Welcome home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    I quickly skimmed through the thread and there is a lot of criticism of our players in certain situations and they are warranted but didn't see much mention of the fact that chicago came in knowing they were a pathetic and vastly inferior team to the one they were playing (yes, some bright players but as a team they are awful). They frustrated and physically attacked players all game as their only path to success and it worked. The ref allowed shit that should never have been allowed. our lads allowed them to get under their skin and further frustrate them.

If the ref hands out a few yellows in the first 10 minutes as he should have this is a different game. What I don't know is how we get through teams that are just there to batter ankles and put 14 men behind the ball (looked like there were more of them behind the ball than possible).

Anyway, frustrating game all around but I think Laryea had a great runout (and yes he was partially accountable on the second goal but c'est la vie). Welcome home
    Teams know it works, so they do it. TFC has a bad history of not being able to break down teams that bunker and play cynically, even a man or two up.

The game against NYCFC Callens’ held Jozy’s shirt the entire game, you could see the frustration, and it only finally got called when he made an incredibly comical flop.

I think ag alluded to this in the Sounders thread with refs really not whistling down this kind of nonsense, and Pozo commented about how pitiful that kind of football is.

It’s unfortunate that teams are basically being rewarded for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Stegosaurus, we're all supporting TFC here. Your posts have a confrontational and hostile tone. Maybe step away and remember we're all on the same side and we are discussing opinions, of which there are many.
    I was doing the exact same thing when I was having a hard time with Prostate Cancer, I was lashing out at everything, so I stepped away and refreshed and am not as jaded in my comments and responses,
    Steg is probably a really decent guy, maybe just a bit over-zealous, but I tend to glaze over when the rants are on.

All for one!!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I was doing the exact same thing when I was having a hard time with Prostate Cancer, I was lashing out at everything, so I stepped away and refreshed and am not as jaded in my comments and responses,
    Steg is probably a really decent guy, maybe just a bit over-zealous, but I tend to glaze over when the rants are on.

All for one!!
    I'm glad you're having a better time now and are still around to post here!
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post

All for one!!
    < Fist bump >