Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games - Saturday March 30 & Sunday March 31

Saturday

NYRB @ Chicago 1pm - Noon game in Bridgeland will mean a bad crowd. Chicago's offence is good but NYRB's defence in theory is better. What I'll be looking at? Is BWP finally past it?

Minnesotta @ NER 2pm - Friedal lambasted his team's commitment this week. Meanwhile the Loons have feasted on 2 bad teams while losing closely to one decent team. What I'll be looking at? Signs of NER giving up on its coach

Montreal @ SKC 3pm - SKC off to Monterrey this week. Montreal the same as the Loons - beating 2 bad teams while losing closely to Houston. What I'll be looking at? Is Piatti able to make his team good against a good offence

LAFC @ San Jose 3:30pm - The Black clad teams from California on 2 different glide paths. What I'll be looking at? Can San Jose make this press work?

Philly @ Cinci 7:30pm - GAME OF THE WEEK - Stolid defence vs. an attack that's rounding into form What I'll be looking at? If Cinci goes down by 2, can they get back into games?

Atlanta @ Columbus 7:30pm
    - DRAMA OF THE WEEK - There is nothing Porter likes doing more then sticking it to uppity coaches What I'll be looking at? Signs of the Atlanta players taking control

Houston @ Colorado 9pm - The Dynamo's first away game against a bad team that plays decent at home What I'll be looking at? Can Houston attack away from home

Dallas @ RSL 9pm - The "Play Your Kids" Derby To be a playoff team you have to get points away from home in conference & win at home. What I'll be looking at? Who succeeds at that

Seattle @ Vancouver 10:00pm - Hottest team meets coldest team - What I'll be looking at? This being MLS, Vancouver might start well & score first. Its been easy for Seattle playing on the front foot - lets see how they do when having to come back (or not)

Sunday

DCU @ Orlando 6:30pm - Best team in the league vs one of the most inconsistent What I'll be looking at? See the Seattle/Vancouver game, only with the added bonus of watching Wayne effn Rooney through force of his quality & personality make a bunch of MLS quality players look like a Fergie style calm free flowing Man United (OK, maybe not that good - but DCU has been the most pleasant team on the eye if you like your football with intelligence)

Portland @ LAGalaxy 9pm - No Zlatan vs No defence - Epic road trip from hell continues for another couple of months What I'll be looking at? Can Portland manage to get enought goals to make up for their shoddy defence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Piatti is out too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crowd in Chicago is worrisome, not a good look for MLS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schweinsteiger as a sweeper is helping the Fire defence out of jams but the Red Bulls midfield looks bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Unless they get out of Bridgeview which is like TFC playing in Newmarket, crowds are never going to be any good. Not many people at the New England either same problem there that stadium sucks even more and is too far away from Boston.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Unless they get out of Bridgeview which is like TFC playing in Newmarket, crowds are never going to be any good. .
    2037 can't come soon enough (when the Fire can get out of their iron clad contract)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caught most of the 2nd half of Chicago vs NYRB, and man does it look like the Red Bulls are in trouble already... excellent *mr burns fingers*.

And just like that, SLC goes 2-0 up on the Impact. Kansas looks like they'll be the pace car in the West this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KC is a machine, their team defence is just wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as people dislike Bono at least we don't have Daniel Vega. LAFC up 1-0 with a soft one against SJ.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mtl without Piatti is nothing. SKC is a good team and my pick for Western Conference winner but Mtl is so bad
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beita scores for LAFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 minutes left in Kansas City , Sporting Kansas City winning 7 -0 and it’s not like Montreal is playing a man down or anything it’s been 11 v 11 the whole game wow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SKC 7 Les Poutine 1

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember when 4-0 felt like a clobbering?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see the L'impact get whacked 7-0 today. How beautiful!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S J is getting flattened by LAFC too. Remember when the distance between the best and the worst wasn’t that much? Those days are gone it seems

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Nice to see the L'impact get whacked 7-0 today. How beautiful!!
    7-1 final score.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    7-1 final score.
    Did not even notice that , flipped the channel at 7-0.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My god....That was glorious to watch the highlights.

Pathetic.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The second goal by Nemeth where he is just standing there for 5 seconds near the penalty spot with nobody around him for 15 yards is possibly indicative of why we don't have Daniel Lovitz anymore.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch the second goal by Philly, it is eerily similar to goals we tend to give up - with bonus Hagglund content.

Giveaway in own end by defender with odd header or pass from other part of the body but the foot? Check
    Said Defender then faked out? Check
    Next defender goes to ground but gets bypassed? Check
    Toe poke under arm of keeper in the net from 6 yards out? Check

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...s/video/186589
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-30-2019 at 08:19 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely weather in Columbus ---- another Atlanta loss with zero goals scored.....I "know" we all feel so bad for the most "spoiled" fans in the league.....I mean it took two whole seasons to win the championship, I mean they waited soooo long for success after what seemed like years....ummm months, ummm days, ummm hours, of struggle.....but I'm sure they will handle adversity with dignity, I mean 4 whole games of struggle - I wonder what that must be like as a TFC fan from 2007-2014, (quickly checks AUFC message boards.......nope utter shambles after 4 games......).....stay classy Atlanta, always nice to go back and read how much you piled on TFC after our struggles last year, and boasting how AUFC was the best team ever (nice CCL run by the way).....just know that no one outside of your market is rooting for you to turn this thing around anytime soon......I think I'll go back and watch the Pozuelo highlights again........
    Last edited by tfcfans; 03-30-2019 at 09:58 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless they get out of Bridgeview which is like TFC playing in Newmarket, crowds are never going to be any good. Not many people at the New England either same problem there that stadium sucks even more and is too far away from Boston.
    In the Blanco days they were always near 20,000.
    They just need to go balls to the wall with a DP

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow some crazy results from around the league.

Originally I didn't think a Friday night game was a good idea, but the turnout & vibe were good, and we really dodged a bullet with the weather! Some very crappy weather at other MLS games today. And I guess some of these fields don't have good drainage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the Blanco days they were always near 15,000 to 20,000 consistently.
    They just need to go balls to the wall with a DP or win MLS Cup

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 points clear of Atlanta and a game in hand, and it's still March.

That is delicious.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    S J is getting flattened by LAFC too. Remember when the distance between the best and the worst wasn’t that much? Those days are gone it seems
    Yep. MLS is really starting to stratify now between the haves and have nots, much more than usual.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That game in Columbus should have been postponed in the second half - the pitch was unplayable but also from what I see, dangerous. There is nothing to learn from in that game for me as far as either team is concerned.

Atlanta now goes off to NER - never an easy game - then is home to Dallas (doable but not easy). The real test of the depths of badness of Atlanta is the game after - home to Colorado. Go into that game winless & then not beat the Rapids at home? They'd have to fire DeBoer.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    It was next level sad with a win vs RBNJ.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Schweinsteiger as a sweeper is helping the Fire defence out of jams but the Red Bulls midfield looks bad.
    It was completely one-sided in the highlight package. From that we have a tougher match on Saturday but I doubt RBNJ are actually that bad. Schweiny and Nikolic will be issues.

I still miss the Newmarket Saints...

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    2037 can't come soon enough (when the Fire can get out of their iron clad contract)
    That is a ridiculous contract! Dear Lord. Schweiny can't be the last marketing signing for this club. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Caught most of the 2nd half of Chicago vs NYRB, and man does it look like the Red Bulls are in trouble already... excellent *mr burns fingers*.

And just like that, SLC goes 2-0 up on the Impact. Kansas looks like they'll be the pace car in the West this year
    Red Bulls had a shocker.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-31-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER