Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toronto FC II 2019 Season in USL League One

OK not exactly a TFC II story but here's my game report of the TFC U-18/19 USSDA game against Vardar (Michigan) played on Saturday March 23, 2019.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc213.htm

pics now added include outside the training fields
    Last edited by Rocket Robin; 03-24-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First game is starting now in Orlando. Dunn, Endoh, Shaffleburg and Dorsey are starting for TFC 2, Okello is on the bench.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All games on Youtube this season again

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh at this level is men with boys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the second team practices penalties the same way the first team does...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dorsey and Shaffelburg are providing some pretty good wing play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like what I see from the two CB’s so far. Dunn and the kid from Clemson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Orlando City B keeper's ball distribution makes Bono look like Julio Cesar

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see the young Reds come away with the victory. Jacob Scaffelberg looked good had some nice chances. 16 year old Jayden in his pro debut showed some sweet moves specially when he went in on net.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perruzza since coming to TFC II has been on an absolute tear in terms of goal scoring. He joined the team in late 2018 and as far as i’ve seen he’s averaging near a goal a game including during the preseason leading up to this year. Track record not long but he just turned 18 a few months ago.

I’d describe him as a #9. Not fast but very skilled, still learning how to cope with the speed / physicality of the game. Once he puts on more weight and gets in the gym heavily he could be a real force.

Finish on the second goal tonight was impressive.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-06-2019 at 09:48 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out in Tucson tonight, it was 0-0 at the half. TFCII really came on in the latter half of the first half. Griffin Dorsey had the best chance, putting one just over the cross bar.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After falling behind 1-0 in the 72nd minute Jordan Hamilton on a cross from Griffin Dorsey tied things in the 79th on a header from very close range to the bottom left corner. TFC II were fortunate to come away with the point after Caleb made a spectacular save on a volley in the last minute or so of action.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May 5, 2019 details of League1Ontario Woodbridge Strikers vs Windsor TFC game at Vaughan Grove.

my report at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19l1o025.htm

photos, lineups, and game play in days to come but interviews with both coaches are up now (page down in report).

Fourth L1O game for me this weekend (Saturday games to follow)

Limited interest to most fans except the interview with Windsor head coach Ryan Mendonca about the relationship between Toronto FC and the WTFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Hey Robin, just thought I'd mention you're posting this in the wrong League One.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    ^ Hey Robin, just thought I'd mention you're posting this in the wrong League One.
    Well it is one of the TFC Academies.

Nothing gets read in the Canadian Soccer subforum...25 reads for all the L1O news of 2019. While this main forum last year had 900+ reads and dozens of replies for "what's your favourite cubicle at BMO to shit in?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone going to the game tomorrow at 4?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    Is anyone going to the game tomorrow at 4?
    I am planning on going up for it. Want to check out the young Reds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I am planning on going up for it. Want to check out the young Reds.
    where are they playing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    where are they playing
    Up at the BMO Training Ground at Downview Park. You can park at the hangar or if taking the subway, get off Downsview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a short walk from Downsview Park subway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am hoping we get a good RPB presence out today, giving the young Reds some good support. Plus it's a great opportunity to see some of the up and comers in action like Jacob Shaffleberg.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday May 24th 4:00pm. With a crowd of about 600+ TFC II played their first home game of the season and beat FC Tucson 1-0 on a headed goal by Jordan Perruzza with assist from Jacob Shaffelburg's cross. Many of the crowd were Academy kids. 'Canadian Gold Cup roster of 40' midfielder Noble Okello played the first 87 minutes and looked good. Goalie Kevin Silva earned the Man of the Match coffee supplies. I counted his goalpost as making the save on the one good shot FC Tucson could muster.

I think USL League 1 is the right level for them. Middle of the pack team although they could move up with all the home games they have left and a winning mentality they didn't have the last few years when they were frustrated with so much losing.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19tfc226.htm
    Last edited by Rocket Robin; 05-29-2019 at 12:07 PM. Reason: finally a link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In highlights of TFC II home games, instead of streetcars on King Street, now you see Bombardier business jets going past in the background.
    http://youtu.be/rCD6UlbDsE4?t=21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to see TFC2 doing better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big 3-2 home win against the first place team North Texas SC the farm team of FC Dallas. Crowd was listed as 177 by USL--again mostly made up of Academy kids.
    Patrick Bunk-Andersen scored at 11 minutes on a one yard header on a goalmouth cross by Julian Dunn-Johnson that the goalie got a piece of after a cornerkick knock around. Matt Srbely scored at 25 minutes as two TFC players dispossessed the lone defender off the ball at 30 yards and Srbely raced in alone. NT Ricardo Pepi scored in first half injury time on a breakaway pass. He had an identical play at 22 minutes but put his shot off the post.
    Second half had NT Ronaldo Damuas put in a rebound at 55 minutes after a series of saves by goalie Kevin Silva.
    Terique Mohammad scored the winner at 77 minutes on a give and go with Jacob Shaffelburg with Mohammad ending up in alone.

Official league stats list North Texas as being called offside 14 times in the game. I thought the coach would lose it and get ejected but it was TFC's Michael Rabasca who was sent back to the locker room at 90 minutes for complaining about a call. Stupid as it was right after NT had their tying goal called back on another offside call.

TFC II is up to third in the ten team division...top four make the playoffs in October...look more a cinch than the parent team!

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19tfc227.htm
    Last edited by Rocket Robin; 05-30-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would bunk anderson be a domestic player in mls?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    Big 3-2 home win against the first place team North Texas SC the farm team of FC Dallas. Crowd was listed as 177 by USL--again mostly made up of Academy kids.
    Patrick Bunk-Andersen scored at 11 minutes on a one yard header on a goalmouth cross by Julian Dunn-Johnson that the goalie got a piece of after a cornerkick knock around. Matt Srbely scored at 25 minutes as two TFC players dispossessed the lone defender off the ball at 30 yards and Srbely raced in alone. NT Ricardo Pepi scored in first half injury time on a breakaway pass. He had an identical play at 22 minutes but put his shot off the post.
    Second half had NT Ronaldo Damuas put in a rebound at 55 minutes after a series of saves by goalie Kevin Silva.
    Terique Mohammad scored the winner at 77 minutes on a give and go with Jacob Shaffelburg with Mohammad ending up in alone.

Official league stats list North Texas as being called offside 14 times in the game. I thought the coach would lose it and get ejected but it was TFC's Michael Rabasca who was sent back to the locker room at 90 minutes for complaining about a call. Stupid as it was right after NT had their tying goal called back on another offside call.

TFC II is up to third in the ten team division...top four make the playoffs in October...look more a cinch than the parent team!
    Two assists for Shaffelburg in this one, and he also hit the post on a 25 yarder.

I think he has a future, even moreso because of TFC sorely needing speed and wingers up top. He's lightning quick... routinely beats defenders at this level with a knock on and pure pace. Talking purely playing style here, he reminds me of early Tottenham Gareth Bale. He's a solid enough dribbler in close but clearly prefers to push the ball past his man on the outside and just get around him. His second assist was nice to see as I haven't found vision to be his strong suit, but it was a really great pass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Would bunk anderson be a domestic player in mls?
    Nope Danish I'd expect from the TFC website:
    Patrick Bunk-Andersen
    Defender-Copenhagen
    HT:6' 2"WT:195

Although domestic, if playing 79 games for Clemson Tigers in NCAA from 2015 to 2018 qualifies him...

Last edited by Rocket Robin; 05-30-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    Nope Danish I'd expect from the TFC website:
    Patrick Bunk-Andersen
    Defender-Copenhagen
    HT:6' 2"WT:195

Although domestic, if playing 79 games for Clemson Tigers in NCAA from 2015 to 2018 qualifies him...

Such weird rules. I assumed if you went through the draft the players would be domestic but then again Bakero is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Such weird rules. I assumed if you went through the draft the players would be domestic but then again Bakero is not.
    Domestic players aren’t about drafts. Hence why Canadians are disadvantaged in MLS entirely, as are players who intend to become “Canadian.”

Same reason ATL is Green Carding everyone within a couple years.