Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

June 8, 2019 Toronto FC II vs Lansing Ignite played at BMO Training Centre. my game report at:

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc231.htm

Three for three in home wins this season!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incredible that these games are so available.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

June 12, 2019 USL League One Toronto FC II vs North Texas SC

matinee game with schoolkids at BMO Training Ground still unbeaten at home.

my game report at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc233.htm

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the snark in all these - a useful antidote and reminds me a lot of non-league punditry in England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

Incredible that these games are so available.
    good to see PK consistency across the org

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what Brogan Engbers is doing: (from my post about the League 1 Ontario game Vaughan vs Windsor TFC).

Windsor's record falls to 1 win, 6 losses, 0 ties for 3 points. They are currently fifteenth.

I never thought Windsor nor FC London were particularly close to the MLS Toronto FC team
    (that's at the League 1 Ontario level) when they signed their sponsorship deals. It was the 14 year old
    and under kids I expected TFC would be more interested in for coaching and their academy programs.
    Today I thought I recognized the Windsor back up goalie. Yes once I had the game sheets I did
    realize it was Brogan Engbers. He played for Toronto FC III (who were in this league since the
    beginning but at the end of last season joined the USSDA system). I asked him after the game because
    the next progression would be the USL Toronto FC II team. He said he can't play for them as changes
    to the Academy system and TFC II mean he'd be on the same team as professional contracted players
    and would lose his eligibility to play for his university team. (I looked it up later to remind
    me it was Liberty University in Lynchburg Virginia co-founded by evangelist Jerry Falwell). He could
    join amateur Windsor TFC though so to keep in game shape he has been offered to play games--but road
    games. Windsor is quite a distance but the team is usually in the GTA every second week as most
    of the teams are here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

June 28, 2019 USL League One--Toronto FC II vs Forward Madison played at BMO Training Centre.
    My game report at:

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc237.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July 12, 2019 USL League One--Toronto FC II vs South Georgia Tormenta FC played at BMO Training Ground.

My game report at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc239.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bunk - Anderson seems legit. Hopefully he makes the first team next year he looks like he could help TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me that there is a huge value gap between the teams from USL Chanpionship and USL League 1, probably more than between the MLS and USL Chanpionship.

Prior to this season TFC II was usually dead last, or if not, one of the worst teams in the USL, now they are a high-mid standings team, with a real shot to playoffs.
    Is the team's game/value increased since last year? Maybe, just maybe, but if so, just a little bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a better level for TFC II. Almost every player on the team besides Bunk-Anderson and the keeper is 22 or much younger. Asking them to compete against men in USL in years past was tough, not to mention they were poorly coached (I have little faith in Jason Bent's tactical acumen).

This season we appear to be pretty well-organized, no longer a tire fire defensively, and a lot of the kids are taking a solid step forward in their play (Mohammed, Peruzza, Srbely). I'm also curious as to how Adolfo Ovalle is viewed by our management... we're not short on young CMs with promise between Fraser and Okello but Ovalle controls games quite efficiently for TFC II from what I've seen. Never heard of the guy before we picked him up but he signed a Homegrown deal with RSL in 2015 back when he was 17 and he even played in 6 MLS games for them. He's 22 now... maybe we end up on the good side of a Mark-Anthony Kaye situation here.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC toonies gotta improve tho.

I want to see them in the USL top level.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to Friday, heading up to the BMO Training Ground for the match vs. Lansing. Have really enjoyed the matches I have attended their this season. Will be interesting to see how they finish out the season, hopefully securing a top four position, earning a playoff spot.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July 19, 2019 USL League One--Toronto FC II vs Lansing Ignite played at BMO Training Ground.

My game report at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc242.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July 26, 2019 USL League One--Toronto FC II vs Richmond Kickers played at BMO Training Ground.

My game report at:

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc243.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[COLOR=rgba(20, 23, 26, 1)] July 31, 2019 TFC II vs Forward Madison [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(20, 23, 26, 1)]With TFC II using MLS Morgan, Fraser, Chapman, Akinola, & Zavaletta and got worst result of season! Jordan Perruzza subbed in at 66', [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(20, 23, 26, 1)]scores 1 min later. 8 goals in USL [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(20, 23, 26, 1)]League One. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(20, 23, 26, 1)] 2nd best in scoring race I think. Vanney did not look pleased in the parking lot. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(20, 23, 26, 1)]My game report will be posted tomorrow all going well. [/COLOR]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was finally able to get there to watch a game yesterday. They charged $10 at the entrance, which I mention as I wasn't able to find any information on the TFC2 website. It's about a 7 minute walk from the nearest TTC bus stop, according to Google map. The higher of the aluminum stands have 14 rows, I think a little higher than the ones they had during the last couple of years when they were in Vaughan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc245.htm
    My report on the July 31, 2019 against Forward Madison with the five players from their MLS lineup.

Heepster if you have a TFC card (a benefit to season ticket holders usually to get a discount on swag) I've been able to show that and get in free. Easier than last year when it was loaded onto an app with Ticketmaster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

August 9, 2019 Toronto FC II vs Greenville Triumph SC played at BMO Training Ground in Downsview.

my game report at:
    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc248.htm

Ouch, three home losses in a row to end their five game home stand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

August 23, 2019 Toronto FC II vs Greenville Triumph SC played played at BMO Training Grounds in Downsview.

my game report at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc250.htm

yes two weeks after playing them before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

September 6, 2019 Toronto FC II vs Chattanooga Red Wolves played at BMO Training Centre in the rain--well first half anyway. The canopy has not been replaced.

My game report at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc254.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After two goals yesterday Jordan Perruzza has 12 in 20 appearances now on the season, 2nd in the USL League One Goldent Boot race. That's a single-season best for any TFC II player (Hamilton and Endoh both had 8 last year). One to keep an eye on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Robin this question is for you as you have probably watched more soccer in the GTA than anyone else. I have watched a few TFC 2 games, and a CPL game this year. In other years CSL games and League 1 games. My question to you as I watched TFC 2 yesterday is wouldn't the players who are mostly younger in age be better off playing in League 1 or the CSL and the TFC 2 team be made up of players signed to MLS contracts that never to rarely play. It seems to me that we waste so many players by not getting them into games ie Chapman. What do you think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

September 13, 2019 Toronto FC II vs Orlando City B played at BMO Training Ground partially in the rain again. My game report at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc256.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Hey Robin this question is for you as you have probably watched more soccer in the GTA than anyone else. I have watched a few TFC 2 games, and a CPL game this year. In other years CSL games and League 1 games. My question to you as I watched TFC 2 yesterday is wouldn't the players who are mostly younger in age be better off playing in League 1 or the CSL and the TFC 2 team be made up of players signed to MLS contracts that never to rarely play. It seems to me that we waste so many players by not getting them into games ie Chapman. What do you think?
    Let's see. CSL is a non-starter as its been de-sanctioned by the CSA. Mo Babouli just joined a week or so ago.

TFC were in League 1 Ontario as recently as last season using their U-19s. They have moved them and all their teams younger than that to the USSDA playing American equivalent teams.

I think TFC II gives the younger players a chance to compete against men's teams week after week. Moving down from USL Championship was a good thing as it's not so frustrating to lose so often. This year they probably won't make the playoffs but they have a fair chance of finishing at .500.

The MLS draft picks have maybe at most two years to prove themselves or they're cut loose. The Academy kids have been with the team possibly since age 12. There are some Canadian TFC II players who can't make the final 18 (usually rotated in) I see leave the grounds before the game (I don't know if they go home or just cut back after going for coffee and watch from the balcony.

Some get sent to NCAA colleges on scholarships with TFC help.

I think there's a potential for more players to be loaned out to CPL teams. Ryan Telfer was a bit older than who I was expecting but in CPL circles he's rarely mentioned by posters outside the GTA as a TFC player anymore.

I think now that CPL has survived its first year there can be more agreements without the 'farm team' controversy especially if the loan-ees are spread out.

When MLS roster guys are dropped down to TFC II they don't really fit in. TFC II's worse loss this season was when five guys were dropped down to tune up for the Canadian Championships. Yesterday's game had none of that even though I wouldn't have been surprised with another two midweek CC games coming up with all weekends taken up by MLS league games.
    Last edited by Rocket Robin; 09-14-2019 at 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

September 27, 2019 Toronto FC II vs South Georgia Tormenta FC played at BMO Training Grounds in Downsview.

Final home game of the season for TFC II and they go out a winner. In front of a crowd of 51. (from USL website)

My game report at http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...9/19tfc259.htm

I'll give myself a gold star for attending all 14 home games!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Saturday first place North Texas SCwin the first USL League One season 1-0 over the third placeGreenville Triumph in the final. Monday the league reveals thatsecond place Lansing Ignite have ceased operations. Glad seventhplace TFC II's owners have deep pockets!
    Last edited by Rocket Robin; 10-21-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

November 11, 2019 Rocket Robin's Soccer in Toronto 2019 Review at www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19l1o133.htm
    I attended 77 games around the GTA including all the York 9 FC, Toronto FC II, Toronto held Canadian National team, and forty League 1 Ontario games.
    You can read all my game reports for free!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jayden Nelson of TFC II was named Canada Soccer's 'Youth International Player of the Year' earlier this week.