Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 327
  1. #271
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The first 6 minutes, TFC couldn't get the ball. The offside play that led to the Morrow called back goal was against the run of play. NYC wants to press but move the ball out of the back methodically.

    Still think our defence sucks. Bono's distribution was bad. And we have this tendency to not deal with plays & get ourselves into trouble. Auro was great going forward & he stifled the fast NYC kid who came on in the end. I think he defensively pairs well with De Leon (who once again had a solid steady MLS quality game). Morrow was on a bit of an island as Delgado tucked in more.

    NYC was way less then I thought they would be. No Maxi Morales meant nobody pulling the strings. Mitrita is really a LWF (which apparently the new guy Herber is too). David Silva's work rate & ability to hold the ball is sorely missed. Their defence has been this bend / not break exercise since they started. Ring as DM worked to change that - until this game. Toronto got through the NYC press pretty easily & that wasn't just Pozuelo.

    The NYC brain trust hasn't really figured out their identity yet, which is an indictment on Man City Group. They allowed their team to become "whatever David Silva could do with the cast around him while the rest of us try to play out of the back". Mitrita is a good DP but he's not the type that will take a game by its throat and win it singlehandedly. You want to play like Man City in MLS - then build a 4-3-3 like that with better full backs who are a threat out wide & a true DP forward who just scores.

    They also brought in a coach not as adaptable as Vierra who consistently underestimates the need to manage a team against its opponents. Just not impressed by them last night. There is a reason why they have only 4 wins out of his 20 games.

    We had a great game - lots of positives. But our opponent was drek.
    Lets be honest here. The opening stages of the game last night was dire from both sides. It took a while for things to get going. The bigger worry for me was how we started the 2nd half. Has that pinball sequence form NYCFC ended up in our net, the game could well have evolved differently. Thankfully it didnt and we were able to get a second soon after which gave us a stranglehold on the game

  2. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    162
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is harsh. Bradley's job is essentially to stifle the attack. That could mean sitting in front of the CB's to provide shielding but it also means racing up on occasion to harass the opposing player who is in a pocket of space looking to start the play. Bradley snuffed out multiple things last night before they had a chance to happen because of that sort of pressure. That few seconds buys his teammates time to recover and get in the proper positions defensively. It's tactically on purpose and a smart play, not a sign of disorganization. As for Pozo, he's new to the team and by design the most positionally flexible player. He's essentially playing a free role in order to start attacks. The fact he's tracking back is an improvement over Giovinco who tended to stay closer to midfield and press on occasion (at best). Now i agree sometimes he looked like he was running around aimlessly on defense but this is after one week with the team. That will improve. Even if it doesn't, it's far more participation on defence from a #10 than most teams get.
    Exactly, agree with you... Can't rely on those two players all season to do the work of a whole team. Others (defense) need to step up a bit more to their abilities. I know it's still beginning of season. So still great teamwork altogether. Hopefully will only get better.

  3. #273
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Lets be honest here. The opening stages of the game last night was dire from both sides. It took a while for things to get going. The bigger worry for me was how we started the 2nd half. Has that pinball sequence form NYCFC ended up in our net, the game could well have evolved differently. Thankfully it didnt and we were able to get a second soon after which gave us a stranglehold on the game
    But it can't be dire.

    This is after Vanney says they spent the off season working on defence. The issue is these same issues have existed since 2016. The only season where the issue was muted was in 2017. In 2018 it was just horrible. We let in nearly as many goals in 2018 as 16/17 combined while not score more than we had in 2016. It was a horrible horrible year. This year we see the same defensive issues as in 2016 and 2018. Which year are we going to get 2016 or 2018 with the defence?

    The only hope if we get 2018 is that we can also attack hard. So far that is happening.

    The real test of this team is coming April 13th, April 9th to a lesser extent, but Away in Seattle that is going to be the test. The Number of goals scored, the number of goals scored against and the timing of the goals are going to be the data points that are important. First 20 minutes you have to not let goals in. First 10 minutes of the second half you can't let goals in. And if you score or are scored on you need to actually be able to defend for the 5 sometimes 10 minutes after that successfully. TFC fails in all three categories too often.

    Chicago and Seattle are going to be important. If we let goals in at those key times it is going to be a short honeymoon for Pozo.

  4. #274
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love how a 4-0 win becomes a "Vanney out" by the usual suspects. The only way some will be convinced is if Vanney wins the MLS Cup. Oh wait...

    The reason our defense is weaker than it should is due to personnel. If you look at organization, the plan Vanney has laid out is fine.

    The braintrust has done the usual thing for this league and focused DP and TAM resources on offense. They need to add a TAM defender IMO.

    Look at NYCFC. Their defense was considerably less organized than ours throughout the game and no one that I know of is suggesting that their coach be fired.

  5. #275
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,871
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I love how a 4-0 win becomes a "Vanney out" by the usual suspects. The only way some will be convinced is if Vanney wins the MLS Cup. Oh wait...

    The reason our defense is weaker than it should is due to personnel. If you look at organization, the plan Vanney has laid out is fine.

    The braintrust has done the usual thing for this league and focused DP and TAM resources on offense. They need to add a TAM defender IMO.

    Look at NYCFC. Their defense was considerably less organized than ours throughout the game and no one that I know of is suggesting that their coach be fired.
    Greg has more wins than the previous eight coaches combined, simple as that.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  6. #276
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,227
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i jus woke up ..did we win last night i cant tell by some of the comments

  7. #277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I love how a 4-0 win becomes a "Vanney out" by the usual suspects. The only way some will be convinced is if Vanney wins the MLS Cup. Oh wait...

    The reason our defense is weaker than it should is due to personnel. If you look at organization, the plan Vanney has laid out is fine.

    The braintrust has done the usual thing for this league and focused DP and TAM resources on offense. They need to add a TAM defender IMO.

    Look at NYCFC. Their defense was considerably less organized than ours throughout the game and no one that I know of is suggesting that their coach be fired.
    This, except that everyone at NYCFC does want Dome out.

  8. #278
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i jus woke up ..did we win last night i cant tell by some of the comments
    Agreed. Can we not just enjoy a 4-0 win?!

  9. #279
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wherever I Lay my Hat
    Posts
    3,462
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought many on the team played well on Friday. Those sexy triangles and interplay were delish. They looked much closer to the team of 2017 than the team of 2018. I was really impressed by DeLeon. Even the Delgado haters must be impressed.

  10. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,707
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I thought many on the team played well on Friday. Those sexy triangles and interplay were delish. They looked much closer to the team of 2017 than the team of 2018. I was really impressed by DeLeon. Even the Delgado haters must be impressed.
    Yes, really, the whole team played well. NYC only had like one good chance the whole game (which is fine - you can't expect a team to have 0 shots and 0 chances or else 'our defense sucks').

  11. #281
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Greg has more wins than the previous eight coaches combined, simple as that.
    Hes also been coaching here longer than every coach we had. He could end up coaching here as long as Arsene Wenger.

  12. #282
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Could/should the defence be better? Hell yes. But this game was a lot less adventurous than the games against Philly and NER. Mavinga was better. Auro Jr was better. Moor looked composed. It's progress.

    Bono, however... iyiyi. His distribution in the air is dire.

  13. #283
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nordrhein-Westfalen, GER
    Posts
    1,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    That was an incredible performance from Poz. I can't remember the last time we dominated a game like that (Probably 2017).

    We also have lots of TAM available to reinforce and improve. A winger and a defensive player at 1 million a piece and we are the best team in MLS again.

    However, I will say all the "Giovinco who?" stuff on twitter is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Seba is a TFC legend. What he did for this club can be measured in trophies, MLS records, fan interest and front page headlines. No need to pretend he never mattered to us.

    Anyway, great night!
    QFT.

    Can not believe what I've just seen.


  14. #284
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Couple of concerns I noticed. Bono's distribution is getting iffy. At least two of them went straight into touch.

    Mavinga looked shaky at the start but improved as the night went on.

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think the opta stats for this game more than back that Auro had a good game.

    This may well be down to football philosophy. I noticed you rated Morrow higher on the opposite flank. He is literally where the attack goes to die on most plays down the left side. Players are pleading for him to make more aggressive runs or setup for simple 1-2's but he isn't capable. As soon as he hot-potato's the ball to his teammate in the corner, he turns into a statue, offering no option but a negative pass backwards. However, he's conservative with his positioning and rarely caught out defensively. That said, the only real chance NYCFC had this game Morrow does a terrible job closing out Medina, who walks straight inside and hits one off the post.

    Dust settles on this game, Auro literally has twice the pass numbers Morrow does and a much higher passing percentage because his teammates know they can give him the ball and he'll keep it moving. Somebody else makes the runs forward and Auro finds them the ball, Morrow is looking backwards for the easy pass because his range is limited. His teammates realize this too, so unless he's in a good amount of space they rarely use him as an outlet. He's also a bit behind the play offensively in terms of his positioning and anticipating the play.

    Now that said i think both guys are usable fullbacks in this league. But you can't compare the defensive presence of a guy who is tasked to get forward a huge amount each game with another who is basically an after thought in the final third despite poaching the odd goal.
    There was one point in the second half where Oso was ripping into Morrow after a play went dead. Oso wanted a pass inside that didn't happen.

  15. #285
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Couple of concerns I noticed. Bono's distribution is getting iffy. At least two of them went straight into touch.

    Mavinga looked shaky at the start but improved as the night went on.



    There was one point in the second half where Oso was ripping into Morrow after a play went dead. Oso wanted a pass inside that didn't happen.
    Ya, saw that too. Oso was very frustrated that the ball didn't come his way in the run of that play. To be fair, he was unmarked and had a ton of room.

  16. #286
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bono's distribution has been terrible since the season started. I wouldn't mind giving Westberg a run if he's doing well in training.

  17. #287
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,771
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Agreed. Can we not just enjoy a 4-0 win?!



    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Bono's distribution
    Distribution! That's what he was trying to do! Okay.
    Last edited by Brooker; 03-31-2019 at 05:56 PM.

  18. #288
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I love how a 4-0 win becomes a "Vanney out" by the usual suspects. The only way some will be convinced is if Vanney wins the MLS Cup. Oh wait...

    The reason our defense is weaker than it should is due to personnel. If you look at organization, the plan Vanney has laid out is fine.

    The braintrust has done the usual thing for this league and focused DP and TAM resources on offense. They need to add a TAM defender IMO.

    Look at NYCFC. Their defense was considerably less organized than ours throughout the game and no one that I know of is suggesting that their coach be fired.
    The Same defensive mistakes over and over and over no matter the personal is something to be worried about.

    Three Championship Games just 1 win. 1 lost on PK due to poor decision making and preparation for a game that very likely could have gone to PKs
    Champions League Final. Lost in the first 2 minutes due to a Defensive mistake that plagued the team in the same time frame all season and in 2016 and is still plaguing us.
    Then lost on PKs because he didn't prepare the team for it.

    The Season 8 goals against 5 of them fall under the same mistakes made last year. First 20 of the first half (most in the first 10) First 10 of the Second half and in the 5 minutes after a previous goal.

    Good teams have about 35% or fewer goals that fall under that category. Bad teams have more than 35%. Right now 62% of our goals fall under that category. From a Coach that says they worked on Defence in the off season.

    Off season changes. removed Hagglund replaced him with Cimian. Sideways move. Removed Irwin, Replaced him with someone downgrade. Some youth signings. No strong defensive pick ups in the second off season in a row.

    We have 3 games with wins. yay I'm happy I hope we keep winning. However the three teams are not even middle table right now. They are games we should have won if we are what people here in the Cult of Vanney believe. I'm waiting to see what happens when stronger teams show up. Will it be like New York or Panama?

    Right now I don't know so ya I rightfully, based on the play THIS year not 2 years ago, am concerned. I have had mods publicly accuse me of making false accusations because I said something they didn't like, I have been ridiculed by mods all because I don't like Vanney because I think we have done well 1 year in spite of him not because of him. Each year I eventually bow to the bullying by Mods and leave the boards, because public discussion isn't allowed apparently.

  19. #289
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ people can and do disagree on this board, but don't expect everyone to agree with you. If that's what you want you are in the wrong place.

    The problem with your posts from a moderation perspective is not your point of view. It's that you attack people. For example the term "cult of Vanney" implies that people who disagree with you are unthinking followers of Vanney, just like Peoples Temple members followed Jim Jones to their deaths. Can you understand that using language like that is extremely insulting?

    This board is not divided into people who think and therefore agree with you, and people who disagree with you and therefore are "cultists" who don't think.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-31-2019 at 09:18 PM.

  20. #290
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kaz maybe if there was a bit of nuance at all to your stance you would be taken at face value more often. But I have literally never seen you say one positive thing about Vanney, ever.

    When other people criticize him for something it's easy to think they've noticed something particular they dislike because they aren't banging the same drum 24/7, and I would like to think others have thought the same of me when I've criticized some of his decisions. But by your pattern of posts it's incredibly difficult to see you as anything but a guy who will just always hate Vanney no matter what.

  21. #291
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Section 112...Yeah, Baby!
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Has there been any goalkeeper more embarrassed than he was last night. He ought to have walked out of the stadium and kept walking, never to look at a soccer pitch again in his life.
    He was their Man of the Match.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

  22. #292
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    ^ people can and do disagree on this board, but don't expect everyone to agree with you. If that's what you want you are in the wrong place.

    The problem with your posts from a moderation perspective is not your point of view. It's that you attack people. For example the term "cult of Vanney" implies that people who disagree with you are unthinking followers of Vanney, just like Peoples Temple members followed Jim Jones to their deaths. Can you understand that using language like that is extremely insulting?

    This board is not divided into people who think and therefore agree with you, and people who disagree with you and therefore are "cultists" who don't think.
    I agree that the term "cult of Vanney" could be considered insulting.

    But do you think that your own term '"Vanney out" by the usual suspects' could be considered an implication that those are unthinking haters of Vanney?

    This is is only a little bit related to the above, but: I don't consider myself a member of either or any cult. I thought the last game was amazing. I do still have some concerns after the last three games (and the CCL games were also part of this season). Generally I try to avoid the high highs, and the low lows. For example, I don't think TFC was as perfect in 2017 as their record suggested; nor were they as bad in 2018 as their record suggested; nor are they as amazing in 2019 as their 3-0 record suggests. Luck & circumstances also play a big role, among other things.

    However even after a great game, I think it can be very interesting and useful to discuss what didn't go well. I think TFC can & need to do better in 2019 in a couple of areas, in order to have a great season. But I do get worried about saying anything in depth after a generally great game. It seems some folks just skim the threads after a win, see a couple of posts that aren't 100% positive, and then put out the strawman argument "wow sounds like we lost based on what people are posting."
    Last edited by Auzzy; 03-31-2019 at 10:16 PM.

  23. #293
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I agree that the term "cult of Vanney" could be considered insulting.

    But do you think that your own term '"Vanney out" by the usual suspects' could be considered an implication that those are unthinking haters of Vanney?
    That's a good question, tbh you made me think about it.

    I think what I meant by my expression "the usual suspects" is that there is a small group of people who will dislike Vanney no matter what he accomplishes. Key to this is considering that any success is for reasons other than his leadership, or even despite his leadership. I think any objective viewer of this board would agree there is such a group on this board (and even more so on Twitter).

    I don't think these people are unthinking. After all, it's about interpretation of events. I do disagree with them and feel there is some bias against Vanney based on his earlier inexperience and lack of foreign experience (many would prefer that TFC would spring for an elite foreign coach).

    I should note here that I was very dubious about Vanney myself for most of his first season. He was inexperienced, made some bizarre decisions at first, and didn't seem to know what he was doing. I was willing to give him some benefit of doubt because he was clearly a deep thinker, but I would have taken Kreis any day over him.

    By mid 2017 there was quite a bit of evidence (for a lot of us) that he had learned a lot and was by then one of the more decent coaches in MLS. A lot of us changed our minds by then who were cool to him at first. That doesn't mean he's an excellent coach. If he was excellent he would be in a higher league, not MLS.

    I would agree with the criticisms that he doesn't practice defending set pieces enough, and they don't seem to have spent enough practice on PKs. However, I'd take him over a majority of MLS coaches.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-31-2019 at 11:38 PM.

  24. #294
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Honestly at this point I'd like to be able to mute Kaz on any Vanney related subject. The kneejerk reaction he has to anything regarding coaching is more than tiresome, it's unoriginal (except when it's bizarre - calling Ciman for Hagglund sideways and, anyway, hanging it on him in the first place when it's a GM decision - wtf).

    I mean, come on, let's not rehash the loss on PKs to Seattle here. That was 3 seasons ago. This is *this* year.

  25. #295
    Member Past President
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dichio Country
    Posts
    12,246
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I have had mods publicly accuse me of making false accusations because I said something they didn't like, I have been ridiculed by mods all because I don't like Vanney because I think we have done well 1 year in spite of him not because of him. Each year I eventually bow to the bullying by Mods and leave the boards, because public discussion isn't allowed apparently.
    Moderators are still members of the community and subject to the same rules as everyone else in terms of how we treat each other. If you feel attacked by something someone says, mod or not, or if you feel ridiculed, report the post and the other moderators can help. You are making a wide-ranging generalization about "mods" in your post, which we don't appreciate. Moderating a forum is a volunteer job and can often be a pain in the ass, to be honest. Everyone has their opinions on the job mods do and you usually can't please everyone.

    We're all here to support TFC. Step back a bit, realize we're all on the same side here and don't take things said on the forum so seriously or personally. And again, if you ever feel like a post is attacking you, rather than the points you are making, then hit that report button.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

  26. #296
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I thought many on the team played well on Friday. Those sexy triangles and interplay were delish. They looked much closer to the team of 2017 than the team of 2018. I was really impressed by DeLeon. Even the Delgado haters must be impressed.
    They were solid defensively but the ball would die on that side moving forward.
    Deleon pulled an MLS and ran the ball str8 into a player. Auro was beat 4/5 times.
    That side definitely needs to improve. Delgado and DeLeon are good MLS calibre players but It needs someone a bit sharper

  27. #297
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Bono's distribution has been terrible since the season started. I wouldn't mind giving Westberg a run if he's doing well in training.
    100%, Bono has not improved whatsoever over the years. His distribution is not at a professional's level

  28. #298
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    They were solid defensively but the ball would die on that side moving forward.
    Deleon pulled an MLS and ran the ball str8 into a player. Auro was beat 4/5 times.
    That side definitely needs to improve. Delgado and DeLeon are good MLS calibre players but It needs someone a bit sharper
    I actually thought this was one of Auro's much better games. He looked more solid and less panicky. Held onto the ball well and opened up for teammates and even got out of some tight spots (one of them lead directly to the first goal from our corner of the field).
    As long as he keeps improving and continues to be tighter on defenders he will progress nicely.

    Deleon didnt do as great attacking wise as he did in the previous two games. But his defensive tracking back is very helpful for the team (as in giving Auro support and keeping the entire midfield organized).

  29. #299
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    I know it's bee one game but MLSE should issue Pozo stickers for our new magnet calendars.
    magnets on magnets on magnets

  30. #300
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    without going through all the posts has there been any reaction to Pozeulo's first game by VV and Gio? Just curious but likely they did not?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •