Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 327
  1. #211
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Panenka on your first penalty?!!! That was insane.

    The two most ridiculous goals I’ve ever seen together.

  2. #212
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow!!!! So worth the wait!!! I loved seeing how the TFC embraced him and taught him the drums. We all saw how great the team played, I’m not going to comment on how one or two players played not so good. The best thing about tonight was how it was an actual team effort and not an individual effort. One of things that I loved from Poz tonight was how when he got subbed off he went to ref spoke I think some kind words and shook his hand, that’s another example of him being a world class player. Also, loved the lack of drama on field that we use to get from Gio. He will always be a TFC legend, but it was time start a new chapter and last season was a great example of that.

  3. #213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,480
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Brilliant night.

    Osorio was playing out of his mind - great little touches, insightful passes, and tracking back to make a great defensive play stopping a good goal scoring opportunity - I don't get the hate on for him on these boards, its just weird; Deleon was a monster, worked incredibly hard and was effective, as was Bradley (a couple of brain cramps aside). Auro looked good, Chapman took his goal superbly. And WHAT A DEBUT! Defense still a bit rocky, but from inside the stadium, the team was on fire. The only big negative, again from inside the stadium, was VAR - it kills momentum, spirit, passion. Our whole area was wondering if Jozy's goal was going to be called back and only sort of half cheered. They need to seriously reconsider this going back and looking for fouls in the buildup or offsides. Let the game play man. Penalties, ok, because the game stops anyway, but calling Deleon's offside from 30 seconds before the goal? Come on.

  4. #214
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Brilliant night.

    Osorio was playing out of his mind - great little touches, insightful passes, and tracking back to make a great defensive play stopping a good goal scoring opportunity - I don't get the hate on for him on these boards, its just weird; Deleon was a monster, worked incredibly hard and was effective, as was Bradley (a couple of brain cramps aside). Auro looked good, Chapman took his goal superbly. And WHAT A DEBUT! Defense still a bit rocky, but from inside the stadium, the team was on fire. The only big negative, again from inside the stadium, was VAR - it kills momentum, spirit, passion. Our whole area was wondering if Jozy's goal was going to be called back and only sort of half cheered. They need to seriously reconsider this going back and looking for fouls in the buildup or offsides. Let the game play man. Penalties, ok, because the game stops anyway, but calling Deleon's offside from 30 seconds before the goal? Come on.
    Osorio was third best player on the pitch tonight according to the audi index. his rating was 600 points just behind pozo and jozy

  5. #215
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    we will win the supporters shield this year

  6. #216
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    with perpetual hope
    Posts
    3,561
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In person it was quite unbelievable. Pozeulo runs all the time his defensive efforts are simply in another class compared to Seba . This is like an extra man on the field . He was far ahead of the majority of teammates in his soccer IQ and caught a surprised a few with his quick feet . But to their credit the team seemed to jump on his back and enjoy the Adrenalin . BTW does anyone else have an heart attack every back pass to Bono . He is far too casual . On one effort I thought a Mavinga in his slide to save an errant kick from a Bono was going to get injured . He did make one great save but , our keeper is inconsistent. And credit to Bradley , who simply stayed out of the way and let Pozeulo have room .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

  7. #217
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,460
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    In person it was quite unbelievable. Pozeulo runs all the time his defensive efforts are simply in another class compared to Seba . This is like an extra man on the field . He was far ahead of the majority of teammates in his soccer IQ and caught a surprised a few with his quick feet . But to their credit the team seemed to jump on his back and enjoy the Adrenalin . BTW does anyone else have an heart attack every back pass to Bono . He is far too casual . On one effort I thought a Mavinga in his slide to save an errant kick from a Bono was going to get injured . He did make one great save but , our keeper is inconsistent. And credit to Bradley , who simply stayed out of the way and let Pozeulo have room .

    Bono is just too bad of a passer for the money he earns

  8. #218
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    881
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Brilliant night.

    Osorio was playing out of his mind - great little touches, insightful passes, and tracking back to make a great defensive play stopping a good goal scoring opportunity - I don't get the hate on for him on these boards, its just weird; Deleon was a monster, worked incredibly hard and was effective, as was Bradley (a couple of brain cramps aside). Auro looked good, Chapman took his goal superbly. And WHAT A DEBUT! Defense still a bit rocky, but from inside the stadium, the team was on fire. The only big negative, again from inside the stadium, was VAR - it kills momentum, spirit, passion. Our whole area was wondering if Jozy's goal was going to be called back and only sort of half cheered. They need to seriously reconsider this going back and looking for fouls in the buildup or offsides. Let the game play man. Penalties, ok, because the game stops anyway, but calling Deleon's offside from 30 seconds before the goal? Come on.
    It's an expectations thing and his style of play. He's pretty slow in pace and moving the ball at times. He also got a raise recently, maybe some don't think he's worth it or it inflates their expectations.

    He's actually technically very gifted though, he's good with ball, he can move it around and an overall very good possession player who can keep up with better players. Your right he makes a lot of great little touch's and he definitely does track back.

    If people can just accept him as a slow, technically gifted possession player that helps out the team but will never be explosive or the main focus of attack, people will be much happier with him.

  9. #219
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    881
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    The only downer is the lack of football love in this country. God bless MLSE for spending money on some quality players. One day the masses will be pullled away from Blue Jays coverage.
    Well, we only need to sell out 30,000 for 17 regular season games, some concacaf stuff and playoffs.

    We're already around 25-26 k on average so one day it will be 30 k every game

  10. #220
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  11. #221
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GUELPH
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just finished watching the game There ball movement was great, Still need some help on the backline but that will work itself out hopefully

  12. #222
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,564
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    I just finished watching the game There ball movement was great, Still need some help on the backline but that will work itself out hopefully
    Yeah, the way they were moving the ball around was amazing. I was shocked that the half-time possession stat for TFC was only 53%. I thought for sure it was going to be in the 70s.

  13. #223
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GUELPH
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Yeah, the way they were moving the ball around was amazing. I was shocked that the half-time possession stat for TFC was only 53%. I thought for sure it was going to be in the 70s.
    YA James me to I actually thought it was like 60% at the least but nonetheless great performance last night , I am liking from what I see from this team They seem like a motivated bunch and I like that

  14. #224
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GUELPH
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    The only downer is the lack of football love in this country. God bless MLSE for spending money on some quality players. One day the masses will be pullled away from Blue Jays coverage.
    All TFC needs to do Is just keep winning and hopefully people will notice. The best part of a TFC game is the Fan experience some thing You do not see at a Jays, or Leafs game very sedaited corporate crowd over there

  15. #225
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    515
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's only been one game but Poz = MLS G.O.A.T..

  16. #226
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,927
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Yeah, the way they were moving the ball around was amazing. I was shocked that the half-time possession stat for TFC was only 53%. I thought for sure it was going to be in the 70s.
    The first 6 minutes, TFC couldn't get the ball. The offside play that led to the Morrow called back goal was against the run of play. NYC wants to press but move the ball out of the back methodically.

    Still think our defence sucks. Bono's distribution was bad. And we have this tendency to not deal with plays & get ourselves into trouble. Auro was great going forward & he stifled the fast NYC kid who came on in the end. I think he defensively pairs well with De Leon (who once again had a solid steady MLS quality game). Morrow was on a bit of an island as Delgado tucked in more.

    NYC was way less then I thought they would be. No Maxi Morales meant nobody pulling the strings. Mitrita is really a LWF (which apparently the new guy Herber is too). David Silva's work rate & ability to hold the ball is sorely missed. Their defence has been this bend / not break exercise since they started. Ring as DM worked to change that - until this game. Toronto got through the NYC press pretty easily & that wasn't just Pozuelo.

    The NYC brain trust hasn't really figured out their identity yet, which is an indictment on Man City Group. They allowed their team to become "whatever David Silva could do with the cast around him while the rest of us try to play out of the back". Mitrita is a good DP but he's not the type that will take a game by its throat and win it singlehandedly. You want to play like Man City in MLS - then build a 4-3-3 like that with better full backs who are a threat out wide & a true DP forward who just scores.

    They also brought in a coach not as adaptable as Vierra who consistently underestimates the need to manage a team against its opponents. Just not impressed by them last night. There is a reason why they have only 4 wins out of his 20 games.

    We had a great game - lots of positives. But our opponent was drek.

  17. #227
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,441
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post

    For all those comments that came in saying TFC aren’t going to spend any money, that MLsE only care about hockey, that we’re going back to the early TFC years what do you say now.
    MLSE aren’t serious if we don’t sign Pato.

    ———;-/

    Just kidding.

    I was wrong. I don’t get the business case for signing Pozo, so it’s a good thing I don’t run the team!!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  18. #228
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,480
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The first 6 minutes, TFC couldn't get the ball. The offside play that led to the Morrow called back goal was against the run of play. NYC wants to press but move the ball out of the back methodically.

    Still think our defence sucks. Bono's distribution was bad. And we have this tendency to not deal with plays & get ourselves into trouble. Auro was great going forward & he stifled the fast NYC kid who came on in the end. I think he defensively pairs well with De Leon (who once again had a solid steady MLS quality game). Morrow was on a bit of an island as Delgado tucked in more.

    NYC was way less then I thought they would be. No Maxi Morales meant nobody pulling the strings. Mitrita is really a LWF (which apparently the new guy Herber is too). David Silva's work rate & ability to hold the ball is sorely missed. Their defence has been this bend / not break exercise since they started. Ring as DM worked to change that - until this game. Toronto got through the NYC press pretty easily & that wasn't just Pozuelo.

    The NYC brain trust hasn't really figured out their identity yet, which is an indictment on Man City Group. They allowed their team to become "whatever David Silva could do with the cast around him while the rest of us try to play out of the back". Mitrita is a good DP but he's not the type that will take a game by its throat and win it singlehandedly. You want to play like Man City in MLS - then build a 4-3-3 like that with better full backs who are a threat out wide & a true DP forward who just scores.

    They also brought in a coach not as adaptable as Vierra who consistently underestimates the need to manage a team against its opponents. Just not impressed by them last night. There is a reason why they have only 4 wins out of his 20 games.

    We had a great game - lots of positives. But our opponent was drek.
    David Villa!

    i agree with your comments, spot on, with one exception - the NYC press vanished fairly early on, not to be seen again.

  19. #229
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,480
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    It's an expectations thing and his style of play. He's pretty slow in pace and moving the ball at times. He also got a raise recently, maybe some don't think he's worth it or it inflates their expectations.

    He's actually technically very gifted though, he's good with ball, he can move it around and an overall very good possession player who can keep up with better players. Your right he makes a lot of great little touch's and he definitely does track back.

    If people can just accept him as a slow, technically gifted possession player that helps out the team but will never be explosive or the main focus of attack, people will be much happier with him.
    He was great last night. A key piece in the ball movement on almost every goal, including the ones VAR ruled out. He’s not Poz or Giovinco but he is a skilled, highly effective, hard working player. And he is ours. What’s not to like?
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-30-2019 at 07:18 AM.

  20. #230
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know it's bee one game but MLSE should issue Pozo stickers for our new magnet calendars.

  21. #231
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Sec 126
    Posts
    368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I need a good shot of Jozy's reaction to Pozuelo's chip. I need it.
    There’s a good shot of his reaction in this highlight package.

    https://youtu.be/2qlFV7E_4Io

  22. #232
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OK maybe this has been done before but what the hell...


  23. #233
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There was some good in this game. There was a lot of good. The attacking playing was nice to see.

    I hadn't realized NYCFC was such a shadow of it's former self. Much like TFC last year they were making mistakes. Early this week I listed off 6 times I figured goals would come. I wasn't far off. I complain about TFC's Defensive failures at the beginning of a half, and after a goal.

    NYCFC could have easily scored (yay posts) early in the second half. TFC scored or nearly scored within a few minutes of every other mark. NYCFC was scared of Pozo, Jozy and Osorio which prevented them from going all out. The instant the third sub came on the pitch TFC slowed the attack and NYCFC started looking more dangerous.

    This was a great game. However, the fact a goal was nearly given up early in the second half yet again right inside the first 5 minutes because of sloppy defensive play is still something everyone should be concerned about. The moment the attack was slowed we started to see a poorer defensive shape.. this is something that has to be seriously watched.

    We started the pest possible 11 tonight and it was great to watch....


    Just remember Defoe seemed amazing his first game too so lets becareful with the expectations.

    All that being said... there is a lot to look forward to and the boys can be proud and should be today.

  24. #234
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,480
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    There’s a good shot of his reaction in this highlight package.

    https://youtu.be/2qlFV7E_4Io
    watching that, the boys look really happy together. Struck by the fact that it was Chapman who came to get Poz to play the drum.

  25. #235
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Kickass!
    Posts
    5,314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    3-0-0 to start the season. First. Time. Evah!

    Last night's game was 2017 like dominant. Poz was everything he was advertised as. The team controlled the play throughout most of the match and never letup at any time. And yeah, our side thoroughly beat a poor NYCFC, but that's what good teams are supposed to do with the weaker ones.

    This could be another memorable year.

    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

  26. #236
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Danforth
    Posts
    370
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What a great night at BMO, and a fantastic debut for Poz. Where are “the sky is falling” people? The Reds are fully deserving of credit here.

  27. #237
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It looks like Morrow is back to his 2017 form he has looked like his 2017 self again. He was a big part of the 2017 success and they need the 2017 Morrow in 2019 .

  28. #238
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    with perpetual hope
    Posts
    3,561
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Next 3 games will be more realistic , Chicago ( with Gaitán) , Seattle ( how do we stop Morris) and a newly inspired Minnsota , please don’t take lightly . Get past this stretch and we’re for real . It’s exciting at least . With an improved goal keep , our D could be solid .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

  29. #239
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,634
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We should also praise VAR yesterday, the ref's were making good decisions throughout the game. +1

  30. #240
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great game and let's not forget, you have to beat the teams that are around you or below you in skill, and your games at home, it just builds confidence, yes there will be games that are a lot tougher, but we must give credit where it is due.
    It was quoted somewhere above, a RPB's disdain for Hamilton and Akinola not getting the start even though they played well at the home opener, which is a shame, but if your best XI are healthy and fit you play them, this isn't a charity league, perhaps JHams didn't show up and impress in training, he has been known to do that, he will get his chances during the run of schedule.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •