RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games This Weekend - March 9-10

Saturday

Orlando @ Chicago 1pm - Orlando Comes back from the dead but Chicago left for dead in LA. 2 teams we will be fighting for a playoff spot. What I'll be watching for - is Chicago's midfield able to handle Orlando's speed?

Columbus @ NER 2pm - 2 teams that underwhelmed last week but got draws. What I'll be watching for - what can we expect against NER next week.

LAG @ Dallas 2pm - Zlatan not going to make the trip is the rumours. Allesandrini out injured for a month. Down to 1 DP already. What I'll be watching for - the 16 year old LAG kid

Montreal @ Houston 5pm - Montreal counter vs. Houston speed. What I'll be watching for - is Montreal's defence for real?

Vancouver @ RSL 6pm - You'd think the more settled RSL would be the better team - not so sure. What I'll be watching for - who the heck is Vancouver?

Minnesotta @ San Jose 8pm - The Loons are a sleeper to be a Western playoff team who we play next month. San Jose is a work in progress. What I'll be watching for - Can San Jose's press stifle Quintero?

Colorado @ Seattle 10pm - Both games last week really are no indication of the quality of these teams or lack there of. What I'll be watching for - We play Seattle next month - is their defence able to be beaten?

Sunday

Philly @ SKC 3pm - A whole lot of ugly last week with Philly. SKC is a better team. What I'll be watching for - will SKC rotate before CCL?

DCU @ NYC 3pm - Can DCU repeat that solid performance in the bandbox baseball park? What I'll be watching for - what are we facing in 3 weeks in NYC?

Cinci @ Atlanta 5pm - Cinci is no proof of anything for team quality. What I'll be watching for - how does Hagglund deal with Martinez?

Portland @ LAFC 7:30pm - GAME OF THE WEEKEND Portland knows how to squeeze out results. LAFC might have figured that out too. What I'll be watching for - GOALS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve got DAZN I thought every MLS game except the ones on TSN are shown live , however , the Chicago Fire vs. Orlando game is not being shown anyone know why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update on why the Fire vs Orlando game not on DAZN when every MLS game is advertised as live on DAZN except the TSN games . I messaged DAZN and they said the reason it’s not on live is due to schedule of event time and that the game will be shown taped delayed at 630PM. Strange that a streaming service can’t show a game live because of schedule of event time lol, it’s not like it’s regular tv where schedule of event time can be an issue it’s a streaming service lol. Was interested in this game because wanted to see Nanni play not because I’m a Fire or Orlando fan lol.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 03-09-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando is TFC circa 2007-2013.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else see penalty against Vancouver tonight

Why bother with Video review if they are using blind reviewers ??

Hope we don’t get shit on like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post

absolutely disgraceful. It was obvious to 99% of casual fans how a quote unquote Pro ref didn’t call off the pk is baffling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second straight road win for Minnesota. Quakes, holy smokes. The league has to do something soon. They are in one of the five best markets in MLS and are not even trying.

I see MLS Cup as Minnesota-Toronto. Reprise of 1976.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really, really can't understand how Houston cannot draw fans. Great stadium, fine weather, decent team ... what gives?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Orlando is TFC circa 2007-2013.
    That match was pretty dull but for a couple minutes. Snowbirds FC can't be as bad as TFC was if they were so close to 3 points but for Sapong saving the Fire.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I really, really can't understand how Houston cannot draw fans. Great stadium, fine weather, decent team ... what gives?
    That was some great action. Both teams are better scoring. Just some great goals.

Looking at Houston, I can't understand it either. They have an ideal downtown location. The Rockets weren't even playing.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-10-2019 at 09:21 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    absolutely disgraceful. It was obvious to 99% of casual fans how a quote unquote Pro ref didn’t call off the pk is baffling.
    That was incredibly weak. Vancouver did well to keep battling. They showed some real quality.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Second straight road win for Minnesota. Quakes, holy smokes. The league has to do something soon. They are in one of the five best markets in MLS and are not even trying.

I see MLS Cup as Minnesota-Toronto. Reprise of 1976.
    Thanks for the reference.

Yeah the Quakes are looking to repeat as wooden spoon holders. I just hope we see Wondo catch Landons record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol anyone else just see Aaron Winter sitting next to De Boer during the Atlanta Cincy game just now? 🤣

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    Lol anyone else just see Aaron Winter sitting next to De Boer during the Atlanta Cincy game just now? 藍
    No, but I saw Bob DeKlerk. Didn’t realize he was working for DeBoer. DeBoer isn’t liked by the US commentators. Oi

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund had a decent game. Doing his best to tell people around him what to watch out for. Apparently Koch would prefer to use Hagglund as a sub. Damned expensive sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hagglund had a decent game. Doing his best to tell people around him what to watch out for. Apparently Koch would prefer to use Hagglund as a sub. Damned expensive sub.
    Yep.

Nobody here could ever hate Hagglund. Amazing guy, heroic goal, would love to see him succeed in his hometown.

ATL fans are so salty at the moment. Absolutely hilarious. Players rushing off the field too, what a joke. I don’t even care about ATL, but they absolutely have the worst MLS fan base and it’s fun watching them go through this after making light of our performance last year. “Best team ever” “best player ever” “best transfers ever.”

The schadenfreud is strong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Boer made a weird reference to the fans being spoiled by last year & how TFC didn't do so well after CCL last year.

The hubris of the European manager running up against the hubris of the Atlanta fc supporter culture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    De Boer made a weird reference to the fans being spoiled by last year & how TFC didn't do so well after CCL last year.

The hubris of the European manager running up against the hubris of the Atlanta fc supporter culture.
    I let out a guttural chuckle the moment I saw his comments. And the shitshow that followed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only one team from the Eastern Conference (Columbus), picked up 3 points this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I let out a guttural chuckle the moment I saw his comments. And the shitshow that followed.
    I liked the spoilt comment, and how the MLS twats were reeling at it, just can't take that Northern European demeanor can they, precious little Yanks.
    Atlanta have been spoiled by the 'Darlings of MLS' label, and of course all the calls that went Atlanta's way, they reek of arrogance

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz View Post
    Only one team from the Eastern Conference (Columbus), picked up 3 points this weekend.
    First 2 weeks of results have definitely gone our way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D.C. looking mighty nice early on.