Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I wouldn't blame FedEx, they are doing what they can shipping from across Canada at short notice, likely by ground (the cheapest).
    Are you kidding? That is their core business and they are not able to receive something on a certain date then ship it and accurately tell what the delivery date is? Changing the ETA several times with dates varying up to 7-10 days apart? FedEx are totally to blame for that part of this mess which seems to be one of the main things that is pissing people off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Meanwhile I requested FedEx to deliver the package to a holding location in Richmond Hill near home rather than my home address, and it was promised to be there for Thursday.

Now when I check their tracking, it's being held in southern Markham for 5 days as if that's where it was supposed to be delivered.

WTF
    For those of you who hold out hope that FedEx will eventually get it right:

after I posted the above, I called and their customer service rep saw the problem (didn't understand *why* it got sent to Markham but could see both that it *was* there and that it was supposed to be in Richmond Hill instead) and said he'd get it rerouted.

Just in the last 30min the tracker has been updated to say the package is where I requested it be sent. (It was scheduled for Thursday, and now it's there 2 days early)

So, maybe? you'll get it early???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't blame FedEx, they are doing what they can shipping from across Canada at short notice, likely by ground (the cheapest).
    Isn't that exactly what all couriers are supposed to do?

Even Canada Post is better and they're shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I don't understand is why this has to originate in Calgary. I mean, you couldn't find any local business/company that could have taken care of all of this? As for FedEx, we have had our own adventures with them with other stuff. My original notice said today, then another one saying tomorrow, followed by the latest one that said next Monday. I think MLSE and FedEx should be sharing the blame equally here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett McClellan View Post
    What I don't understand is why this has to originate in Calgary. I mean, you couldn't find any local business/company that could have taken care of all of this? As for FedEx, we have had our own adventures with them with other stuff. My original notice said today, then another one saying tomorrow, followed by the latest one that said next Monday. I think MLSE and FedEx should be sharing the blame equally here...
    This is what I was thinking. Find a local business. As well, if they are late because they had to remove Seba and VV from the tickets - okay, I get it. But if the tickets still have these guys pictures on it, why did it take so long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mines at "local fedex facility" after arriving from CGY this morning so im hopeful it doesnt sit there until the 18th as indicated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett McClellan View Post
    Probably a really good deal and I can understand that. What they shouldn't have tried to save money on is shipping because it can cause a massive headache for most likely very little savings. I imagine the phones at the rep's offices are ringing off the hook and will be for another week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was glad to have the FedEx "Manage Delivery" option to shift the set date from Mon 18th back to Thurs 14th. Sure it makes sense to have all the season tickets and stuff at least 10 days before the Home Opener, but MLSE are also clear that they want to move eventually to a mobile-only ticket "experience" for all their teams and SSHs. The CanPL have gone for the mobile only option and I think will only offer "real" tickets for this inaugural year. Its' cheaper and easier for the FOs to issue mobile only options. Sad but true

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dal524 View Post
    mines at "local fedex facility" after arriving from CGY this morning so im hopeful it doesnt sit there until the 18th as indicated.
    I talked to FedEx just now. She knew all about our situation. LOL. She said my package was only given to FedEx today and will be flown to Mississauga tonight so she said entirely possible it will still arrive this week despite my Mar 20th ETA. Probably similar situation for yours if already in GTA. I had her route it to a local pickup spot instead of my house though. I can't do the "when do I need someone to be home to sign for it" dance anymore. Good luck to everyone waiting that they get their packages in some sort of reasonable time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I am doing is relaying the information the FEDEX employee shared with me on the phone just now.
    She says that the request to not proceed with the 2 day shipping and hold the package until next Monday was made by the shipper.

I am one who had an email yesterday saying delivery expected Wed. then a follow up email which delayed delivery to next Monday.
    I know that I will be able to use ticket manager to download my tickets and get into the stadium, but it just seems odd that my first time attending the season home opener WITHOUT my new scarf is due to problems beyond my control.
    A sour start to what has always been a sweet feeling....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As mentioned earlier today I also spoke with fed-ex and was told the shipper (TFC or the ticket printer) requested a hold on my package that was already in Mississauga

The TFC rep gave me a song and dance until I hit her with the facts

TFC were to send me a text or email today - nothing yet!

A poor front office to be sure!
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few ramblings from somebody who deals with shipping companies all the time.

Tracking like this would be unacceptable in my business. Stuff leaves. It goes ground or air. It goes to a depot. It's not rocket science. Estimated delivery dates should not change without a specific cause.

I almost wonder if the tracking information is being updated by the sender and not FedEx. BTW the sender is not MLSE - its the printing company in Calgary.

Likely FedEx is the choice of the company MLSE hired to print & deliver these packages. I suspect somebody there isn't used to drop shipping to individuals.

FedEx prides itself on having the easiest software to integrate with other systems. Companies actually pay a premium to use them. If I were to counsel MLSE, I would be asking why these shipments havn't been integrated with the MLSE account system and the app. It's literally the only advantage FedEx provides over other companies.

20k of items in one day from one company is actually low volume for this time of year for FedEx. My estimate is this is about 4 tractor trailer loads at source. FedEx has the infrastructure in Calgary to handle more than that in 30 minutes.

FedEx are not being overwhelmed by this. Volumes at this time of year are not high. (November is another matter)

This is a tracking screw up that would cause me to use somebody else.

My suggestion when calling MLSE

Realise they can't really help you.

Tell them you know it's not there fault BUT the delivery & tracking provided is unprofessional and looks bad on MLSE.

Remind them this isn't the standard in Canada right now & wouldn't be acceptable to the person on the phone with you if it was a package coming from Amazon or anywhere else to them.

Demand better for next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick follow up

MLSE is paying somebody else to take care of the shipping to us. Ignore the name on the shipped from part of the label - this is being fulfilled by another company.

That vendor seems unable to handle this volume. Maybe the need to reprint caused a delay. But, what I'm seeing since stuff left is the same song & dance we saw before out of this Calgary vendor. Someone is panicked. Overpromised from the looks of things.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Quick follow up

MLSE is paying somebody else to take care of the shipping to us. Ignore the name on the shipped from part of the label - this is being fulfilled by another company.

That vendor seems unable to handle this volume. Maybe the need to reprint caused a delay. But, what I'm seeing since stuff left is the same song & dance we saw before out of this Calgary vendor. Someone is panicked. Overpromised from the looks of things.
    Are they not coming from wherever they were printed and assembled? I one year back in the day had the pleasure of having to with the helping hand of a TFC staffer look for mine in a storages room of about 1,000 or so packages down at BMO Field. This was after mine somehow got returned without a delivery ever being attempted. It somehow ended up back at the stadium.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Says out for delivery today 😃

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine are still on the truck enroute from Calgary and I will be out of town and unable to sign for my package, what a fucking fiasco TFC and FedEx, inclement weather my ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update, mine too says out for delivery today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Mine are still on the truck enroute from Calgary and I will be out of town and unable to sign for my package, what a fucking fiasco TFC and FedEx, inclement weather my ass
    I have a similar issue. I called FedEx and had them update to a FedEx pickup location so I didn't have to worry about being home. Sounds like you could benefit from a similar arrangement.

The inclement weather that TFC told me is definitely a load of crap. I asked FedEx if they had any delays from weather and they chuckled a bit. Not sure why TFC can't just be honest about all this. Makes them look so bad. FedEx told me the issue was that the shipper bought the service from them so they sent out the delivery notifications based on the info they had and expected to get the packages but then the shipper never delivered the packages until up to 5 days later and not all at the same time so that is why they had to keep updating the notices as the packages got scanned. My package is showing in Mississauga now but still have next Wednesday as the ETA. I doubt it will take them a week to send it to Ajax.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I have a similar issue. I called FedEx and had them update to a FedEx pickup location so I didn't have to worry about being home. Sounds like you could benefit from a similar arrangement.

The inclement weather that TFC told me is definitely a load of crap. I asked FedEx if they had any delays from weather and they chuckled a bit. Not sure why TFC can't just be honest about all this. Makes them look so bad. FedEx told me the issue was that the shipper bought the service from them so they sent out the delivery notifications based on the info they had and expected to get the packages but then the shipper never delivered the packages until up to 5 days later and not all at the same time so that is why they had to keep updating the notices as the packages got scanned. My package is showing in Mississauga now but still have next Wednesday as the ETA. I doubt it will take them a week to send it to Ajax.
    I didn't think it was FedEx. I used to work in distribution, they are quite reliable.

I'm sure that MLSE picked the cheapest bidder for that third party shipping company and it shows.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine was delivered at 3PM yesterday. have unboxed etc.

hope you all get yours soon. but what a year for Drama around this club eh?

There are no player pictures on the tickets. It's a bunch of stylized drawings with slogans like All for One, The Legend TFC etc. There is one for the fan clubs and everyone is mentioned but our black t-shirt clad sisters/brothers from the inebriatti which is interesting. I would have thought they would just omit all the clubs to not raise too much shit but that's just me

cheers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look forward to getting an email one day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I look forward to getting an email one day.
    Right? Unacceptable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fed-ex confirmed again today that my package arrived in the Mississauga depot on Monday and was scheduled for delivery yesterday

They were then advised "BY THE SHIPPER" (TFC or the printing company) to delay the delivery until next Monday

Somebody mentioned in an earlier post that TFC wants everyone to switch to their phone app to down load tickets

They have already eliminated the print at home option

Have to assume the "planned" delay in receiving was deliberate!
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can't do the full phone app thing. I go to matches sometimes with a crew of old Northern Irish & Scottish guys and most of them are using flip phones. Good luck telling them they need a new phone to get into matches. One guy still makes TFC take certified cheques for his tickets. Will not give them his VISA and they do it for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine was scheduled for yesterday, then they changed to the 18th, then at 8:26 this morning they changed to delivery today. Then they tried to deliver it at some point before 9am (probably closer to 8:26) and I missed it... At least I can go pick it up now, but wtf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    They can't do the full phone app thing. I go to matches sometimes with a crew of old Northern Irish & Scottish guys and most of them are using flip phones. Good luck telling them they need a new phone to get into matches. One guy still makes TFC take certified cheques for his tickets. Will not give them his VISA and they do it for him.
    This. Also the only benefit i see from the whole digital strategy is to cut costs and potentially eliminate scalping...potentially

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Legend. I cant make the club do anything for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delivered to my door this a.m.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called Fedex and they said they will try to move my package to a nearby pickup site by tomorror/Friday - they said Iwould get a call when it is available.
    it currently said it would be delivered next Wed - its currently in Mississauga now

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Got my notice yesterday. Scheduled delivery for the 18th, after the first home game.
    Just arrived 5 days earlier than the scheduled 18th date. wtf. So there is hope! COYRs