Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was the home opener not scheduled for a 1:30pm start time? When/why did it get changed to 7:30pm?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Was the home opener not scheduled for a 1:30pm start time? When/why did it get changed to 7:30pm?
    TSN.

They have F1, The Players in the PGA and NASCAR all in the afternoon at different times on their 5 channels.

Probably moved TFC to the night slot to maximize the ad revenue (as they really isn't much on a Sunday night).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    TSN.

They have F1, The Players in the PGA and NASCAR all in the afternoon at different times on their 5 channels.

Probably moved TFC to the night slot to maximize the ad revenue (as they really isn't much on a Sunday night).
    F1 starts very early (like 1am) in the morning because the first race is in Melbourne

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    F1 starts very early (like 1am) in the morning because the first race is in Melbourne
    Repeats later on the in the morning and in the afternoon depending on the feed (with a couple of EPL games)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a march or anything planned?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Yeah it was changed a while ago. Such dumbfuckery to do that in mid-March in Toronto. Yeah I know TSN would have influenced that, but it's like they want the team to fail. Sunday early afternoon it will be nice & sunny, a bit above freezing, relatively good conditions for the players. So they move it 7:30pm, when it will be cold, dark, and miserable. Yes I'll still be there of course, but lots of other people won't be, and you have to wonder what the players think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absurd scheduling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good grief, they have to put an end to this nonsense. At the end of the day you can’t schedule around every other sporting event out there and expect that to = ratings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes its a terrible time for a kick off in March. All the early spring games should be 3pm kick offs. Unfair to the players, the fans, and the spectacle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that’s just crazy scheduling. Almost contemptable treatment of fans. Home opener and we’ll have 10k fans in the stadium. What was the attendance for the CoNcacaf game btw?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    yes its a terrible time for a kick off in March. All the early spring games should be 3pm kick offs. Unfair to the players, the fans, and the spectacle
    Agreed. Not only is it in the evening on a cold March day but it is on a Sunday evening. Not sure about everyone else but I prefer Saturday over Sunday evenings. Our preference is low on the totem pole though when it comes to scheduling but maybe they should think about the players instead then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Good grief, they have to put an end to this nonsense. At the end of the day you can’t schedule around every other sporting event out there and expect that to = ratings.
    I agree with your argument, though in general, Sunday night prime time is the BEST time to be on TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like all your song choices... just most of them! Thanks Og!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New England losing their home opener with Columbus is the worst possible result for TFC.
    New England will be motivated like crazy to fight to get at least 1 point from TFC, otherwise they will have a total shitty start of 1 point from 9 possible.

So I see this coming match a lot more difficult for TFC than the game with Philly.
    I think it will be a 1-0 or 2-1 win for TFC, but with a lots of emotions.

I hope I'm wrong, and won't be that difficult...
    Anyways, beginning with 2 wins from 2 would be a sensational start from TFC, given all the conditions.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 03-13-2019 at 04:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, a win would be amazing, regardless of how messy it is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    New England losing their home opener with Columbus is the worst possible result for TFC.
    New England will be motivated like crazy to fight to get at least 1 point from TFC, otherwise they will have a total shitty start of 1 point from 9 possible.

So I see this coming match a lot more difficult for TFC than the game with Philly.
    I think it will be a 1-0 or 2-1 win for TFC, but with a lots of emotions.

I hope I'm wrong, and won't be that difficult...
    Anyways, beginning with 2 wins from 2 would be a sensational start from TFC, given all the conditions.
    Normally and logically I would agree with you. But last year seeing TFC lose 2 3 or 4 in a row after losing one game has taken all logic out of me.

Hopefully this is unsettling the REVS like it did for us and we come away with the win.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Normally and logically I would agree with you. But last year seeing TFC lose 2 3 or 4 in a row after losing one game has taken all logic out of me.

Hopefully this is unsettling the REVS like it did for us and we come away with the win.
    Revs seem to have our number sometimes but hopefully MLS home opener will give the boys enough emotion to pull us out a win and maybe intimidate the other team a bit. It all depends who adapts better to our lovely sandy pitch on the day I would say. Hopefully the team has been training at a beach to get ready for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Revs seem to have our number sometimes but hopefully MLS home opener will give the boys enough emotion to pull us out a win and maybe intimidate the other team a bit. It all depends who adapts better to our lovely sandy pitch on the day I would say. Hopefully the team has been training at a beach to get ready for it
    This. need to get back to this stadium being a huge benefit for the team. Need to get the rest of the stadium as up for the game as the south end to provide what we can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm lazy to look up stats, but IMO the Revs have our number just in their shitty stadium, not at the BMO field.
    So much, that from any 10 games played at Gilette stadium, I would expect 1 win, 2 draws and 7 losses for TFC, no matter of the momentarily shape, form, or position in the league table of any of these 2 teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    I agree with your argument, though in general, Sunday night prime time is the BEST time to be on TV.
    True, can’t help if the stands are half empty though

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only when we play at Gillette stadium. We can never win there and the Revs play like a totally different team. But at BMO we have won the last few games handedly. So I think we got this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should really replace the team benches & sideline seating with beach chairs. Own it, be proud of it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Gillette stadium advantage is that carpet they call a pitch. Usually teams rest their good players for matches there and the ones who do play seem to take it easy on it because they're probably worried about turning an ankle or knee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this board so dead?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Everyone is on the FedEx site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is on the FedEx site.
    lol!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine! This thread is now the Nick Hagglund, MLS Player of the Week thread.

Please discuss anything Nick here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Fine! This thread is now the Nick Hagglund, MLS Player of the Week thread.

Please discuss anything Nick here!

I even saw him doing a weather report for a Cincinnati news channel !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont mean just this thread I mean the whole message board. Where are all the dam Fans? At least on Real GM with the Raptors and HF Board with the Leafs they are populated daily with content and conversation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont mean just this thread I mean the whole message board. Where are all the dam Fans? At least on Real GM with the Raptors and HF Board with the Leafs they are populated daily with content and conversation
    Our FO is silent about everything and there's no leaks at all. Not much to talk about that hasn't been covered earlier. Also this match is the Revs. Not exactly exciting stuff.