Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to blow anyone's minds, but imagine if we had Giovinco and Pozuelo?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don't want to blow anyone's minds, but imagine if we had Giovinco and Pozuelo?
    I don't think we'd be averaging 3 goals per match. Giovinco's demanding of the ball at all times would leave the offense imbalanced like it was before. Easier to shut down when you know it has to run through one guy or he will pout. I much prefer what we have now so let's focus on a defender and a left sided forward and be done with the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Let’s be cautious here. Sometimes guys hit the league on fire but once teams get tape on them they slow up.

It looks very promising I agree but it’s too early to start comparing Poz to Vela. I’m shocked the latter still plays in MLS. He looked World class at the World Cup, i’m suprised someone didn’t swoop in with a monster offer after that. Might have been too soon after his transfer to LAFC.

True...we might have to wait a few more games before we do the "Greatest of all time on the history of the league" declaration again. That still is a little embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I don't think we'd be averaging 3 goals per match. Giovinco's demanding of the ball at all times would leave the offense imbalanced like it was before. Easier to shut down when you know it has to run through one guy or he will pout. I much prefer what we have now so let's focus on a defender and a left sided forward and be done with the past.
    Wasn't 2017 the highest scoring team of all time, with a slightly lesser Pozuelo pulling the strings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't 2017 the highest scoring team of all time, with a slightly lesser Pozuelo pulling the strings?
    Can you really compare 2017 Giovinco with 2019 Giovinco though?

I'm with Ultra&Proud on this one - winger and CB and then lets see how our scoring is for this year compared to 2017.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post

I'm with Ultra&Proud on this one - winger and CB and then lets see how our scoring is for this year compared to 2017.
    Yup, if anything having Giovinco added as a winger of all things would leave even less defensive coverage than we have now (because he provides about zero). Hopefully some defensive responsibility is one of the characteristics that they are looking for in their wide guy(s). It is early but I think our offense will be fine with another winger so we need to address problem #1 now (the defense). Being on a 3 goals a match offensive click is great but when the GA is getting in the 2+ range and climbing all is not well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Yup, if anything having Giovinco added as a winger of all things would leave even less defensive coverage than we have now (because he provides about zero). Hopefully some defensive responsibility is one of the characteristics that they are looking for in their wide guy(s). It is early but I think our offense will be fine with another winger so we need to address problem #1 now (the defense). Being on a 3 goals a match offensive click is great but when the GA is getting in the 2+ range and climbing all is not well.
    Yeah I agree. On a side note, I respect what Seba did for us but I have been enjoying not having the drama he used to create sometimes. I really admire Pozuelo's attitude and work ethic. I am hoping the recent Jozy drama didn't affect him at all since I am sure those two are becoming buds like Seba and Jozy were.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post

He hasn't been exactly setting the Saudi league on fire, and TBH he was noticably on the decline last year with TFC.

So I'm with the many here, winger and CB are the needs.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to be clear, I am not advocating going out and getting Seba back. Just saying him and Pozuelo together would be an absolutely scary wrecking ball of an attack. That I do believe, even the 2019 version of Seba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to be clear, I am not advocating going out and getting Seba back. Just saying him and Pozuelo together would be an absolutely scary wrecking ball of an attack. That I do believe, even the 2019 version of Seba.
    a bit of a moot conversation though, considering that it is very unlikely (ie. impossible) that both would've been on this team at the same time....Seba's sale allowed the purchase of Pozo....imo there was no other path to Pozo, and chances are he would never even have gotten a look if Seba was still here....

but with that said, thank God we have him, because Pozo is the real deal. I don't think this will be a case of teams figuring him out later this year after they have a scoop on him.....he's just that good....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    Pozo is the real deal.
    QFT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    a bit of a moot conversation though, considering that it is very unlikely (ie. impossible) that both would've been on this team at the same time....Seba's sale allowed the purchase of Pozo....imo there was no other path to Pozo, and chances are he would never even have gotten a look if Seba was still here....

but with that said, thank God we have him, because Pozo is the real deal. I don't think this will be a case of teams figuring him out later this year after they have a scoop on him.....he's just that good....
    Yes… especially given just how two-footed he really is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting Ag Futbol's quote here, and restarting this thread, as I think this topic is likely to become the talking point this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

2022 Pozuelo is in the last year of his contract. For all we know he forces the team’s hand for an extension after this year or demands a sale. If his agent was willing to test Genk to get here, why not test us to get what he wants again?

So the question is... do you want to actually show your best player, that we are trying to sell on a contract extension, what this team can look like with the best pieces around him for a full year? Or, do we want to wait till summer and shorten that timeline to six months and deal with all those potential pitfalls of match fitness, not having a training camp with teammates, etc..
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think there is reason to believe that the Al Ahli story means much... other than to highlight that Pozo didn’t emigrate here, and he isn’t willing to sit unpaid in his prime.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF Poz can play under Armas' style & thrive like he did under Vanney, then Poz will have a good case to make in late 2021 / early 2022 that he deserves a big DP extension.

If Poz doeesn't thrive, then I suspect they will let him go somewhere for 2022.

I have my doubts about Poz under Armas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    IF Poz can play under Armas' style & thrive like he did under Vanney, then Poz will have a good case to make in late 2021 / early 2022 that he deserves a big DP extension.

If Poz doeesn't thrive, then I suspect they will let him go somewhere for 2022.

I have my doubts about Poz under Armas.
    How did NYRB play when Henry was there versus now? Did they press the same way?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    How did NYRB play when Henry was there versus now? Did they press the same way?

He didn't press so much but then he was a forward, not an attacking midfielder. Poz can run around a lot and press - we saw that. My question is whether he will be happy with the "you must get a shot off within x seconds" approach that all RB teams play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Poz will just follow the money, and i expect he and his representation will cause a crisis mid summer this year if he isn''t extended by then.

Because that's how the game works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He didn't press so much but then he was a forward, not an attacking midfielder. Poz can run around a lot and press - we saw that. My question is whether he will be happy with the "you must get a shot off within x seconds" approach that all RB teams play.
    I could see that being a sticking point, it’s a pretty blunt training technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Putting Ag Futbol's quote here, and restarting this thread, as I think this topic is likely to become the talking point this year.

As always Ensco, you are very thought provoking. And in this case likely correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to say that I think Pozuelo deserves a lot of credit and support from us right now.

I had really thought that after his separation he would want to go back to Spain, but not only did he decide to stay, he did so wholeheartedly, full of respect for the club, and with a desire to stay here and win.

Massive hats off to him and I hope he has a great year!