Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaGenk View Post

And I'm sorry I don't have a jersey of Pozuelo. I suggest you try perhaps with the fanshop of Genk or you might try with someone at the Genk forum before he burnes his jersey, but I'm afraid you will get very annoying reactions (or risk to be banned immediately) if a TFC fan asks for a jersey of Pozo to be fair
    This made me laugh. So true. And I can't blame them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that was the funny part, there definitely is a VAR system (no goal line tech) in Belgium and also in that match. But hey welcome to Belgian competition:

The communication line between the VAR and the referee was not working for already more then 30 mins at the moment of the ball over the line, could have been because of the extreme storm weather that day. As backup they have "walkietalkies" but they only worked for 7 mins during the match and were also broken.

That means that for more then 30 mins they haven't found a third communication option between the VAR and one of the pitch referees in this modern society we are living in.
    Side note: The VAR-van was just outside the stadium and was only 150 meters walking for the 4th referee. In stead of being able to fix the communication problem in this 30 mins or one of the referees that just ran to the VAR-van to watch the crucial moment; they chose to do absolutely nothing.

Just to show you again what kind of details can decide whether you will be champions in Belgium or not with our playoffsystem in mind. Imagine losing your best player
    Wow thanks for the insight on the VAR, that's amazing -- and not in a good way! They should have tried smoke signals to communicate. But shit happens I guess! For example, the LA Galaxy have lost all power to their stadium a couple of times in the middle of games -- even playoffs. And our pitch has been a disaster more often than not, ever since the club was founded 13 years ago...

The one thing I can imagine, is losing your best player. I'm not too happy the way it all went down, TFC could have planned & timed things better to cause less grief for everyone. But I want to avoid restarting that conversation on this board!!! Hopefully some other guys at Genk step up with Pozo gone. In the little bit of your games that I saw, you do seem to have a number of other creative players. Fingers crossed!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, It's not necessarely the fact that he chose for the money that frustrates the fans, because that's how football goes and he is definitely not the only one, but mainly the timing and the "how" he left. He had the same salary offer already in the end of december/ begin january from Al Ahly. A soap that lasted untill one of the last weeks of january (31 jan. closure of our transfer periode FYI). Around the 20th january he gives a press conference stating that he will stay loyal to the club. During the soap in january Genk probably had some back up nr. 10's in mind but after the press conference (and the agreement on mail?) everyone was full focus on battleing for that title with Pozo.

Suddenly after our transfer period ends with no possiblity of replacing him (except for garbage out of contract), Pozo goes in full legal fight with the club to leave and put a knife in the back of the club, the fans and his colleague players where some of them could also make a huge transfer but chose to go for that title.

And I'm sorry I don't have a jersey of Pozuelo. I suggest you try perhaps with the fanshop of Genk or you might try with someone at the Genk forum before he burnes his jersey, but I'm afraid you will get very annoying reactions (or risk to be banned immediately) if a TFC fan asks for a jersey of Pozo to be fair
    Hey, ForzaGenk, your insights are much appreciated. Question for you. Who would you choose for Genk between the MVP version of Victor Vasquez and Pozo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difficult one because also Vasquez was in Belgium a very good player. I guess it depends on what kind of attacking midfielder you need.

I believe that Pozo is more constant/persistent in his performance with rarely bad matches while Vasquez had some very small periods in Belgium he was even on the bench. I didn't follow his progress at TFC though so no idea how he evolved.
    Technique they are similar and both extremely well in passing, but vasquez has definitely more goal instinct then Pozo. Pozo is more that Iniesta-type that will always search for the free teammate while Vasquez wouldn't doubt to shoot in front of the box and has a good shot.

If you miss some goal accuracy in your team and you have enough creative players you might go for Vasquez but if not I would always go for Pozo who will create more chances.
    Last edited by ForzaGenk; 03-15-2019 at 04:27 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difficult one because also Vasquez was in Belgium a very good player. I guess it depends on what kind of attacking midfielder you need.

I believe that Pozo is more constant/persistent in his performance with rarely bad matches while Vasquez had some very small periods in Belgium he was even on the bench. I didn't follow his progress at TFC though so no idea how he evolved.
    Technique they are similar and both extremely well in passing, but vasquez has definitely more goal instinct then Pozo. Pozo is more that Iniesta-type that will always search for the free teammate while Vasquez wouldn't doubt to shoot in front of the box and has a good shot.

If you miss some goal accuracy in your team and you have enough creative players you might go for Vasquez but if not I would always go for Pozo who will create more chances.
    Uhh, TFC has no creative players currently. During TFC's championship season, VV was pure class. He just saw the field so well so but he also had some important goals. Sounds like if Altidore can stay healthy, he and Pozo could be a lethal combination.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bit of soap.

Pozo has the flu (the magic flu you get when you read the fine print on the insurance contract?). He is unlikely to play Sunday.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Bit of soap.

Pozo has the flu (the magic flu you get when you read the fine print on the insurance contract?). He is unlikely to play Sunday.
    I prefer to call it the "flu."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is up for welcoming him to Toronto at the airport when he lands?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Bit of soap.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the stands at BMO on Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the stands at BMO on Sunday.
    I don't think he's flying over until mid next week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember he's going back to Spain to take care of some business before coming to Toronto.

Also even if he has the "flu" I'm sure he has to stay in Genk until after their final league game. No way you spend weeks negotiating that, and then let me him just leave early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus. That's way over the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alejandro Pozuelo update: The incoming #TFCLive midfielder did not play his final match with Racing Genk on Sunday against Zulte Waregem. Repordly his absence has to do with his returning to Spain to be with his dying grandfather. Expected to join TFC this week.
    from steve buffery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I don't think he's flying over until mid next week.

Will the club let us know when he lands??
    Would love to give him a grand reception.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Genk fans did will fire Pozo up to deliver for us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he arrives on Friday?

If so, my guess is he trains with the team on the weekend and then they do the big official announcement on Monday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The AC flight from Madrid arrives today at 4:40.
    Could always be arriving from somewhere else, though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    The AC flight from Madrid arrives today at 4:40.
    Could always be arriving from somewhere else, though.
    Thats his flight direct from Spain.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are people going to be there to meet him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine the gnashing of teeth if we did that with Giovinco?

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Imagine the gnashing of teeth if we did that with Giovinco?
    Yes, there would be much gnashing of teeth, as there should be.

Note also, the Pozo situation was much more extreme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So has the eagle landed/arrived?
    No rollerblade action?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instagram posts of Him at the airport!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No show?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by James17930; 03-22-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's saying that Monday will be his first training with TFC.
    That's 4 days of training with the rest of the Team till the match with NYCFC.

In these conditions I'll be very surprised if he'll get more than 30 minutes and as a sub in this coming match.

Too bad he could not move his arse here latest on Thursday, and putting in at least 6 training session til the NYCFC game.
    He could have been a starter then, for sure...