Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo made some good passes that just didn't result in goals.

The goals & the assist will get the coverage but it was his ability to get out of tackles that was the most impressive thing that had people in awe. He beats his man consistently in order to make the next pass - not seen that much over here yet. Seba had it too at first. But then teams just hacked Seba, & his blood got up. (Not sure you can rile Pozuelo in the same way)

I FULLY expect Chicago to hack him down, for Seattle to do slightly less of it, & then for Minnesota to try to take a hammer to his ankles. PRO has been called out for not calling persistent infringement enough. Watch for that over the next few weeks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to see how this guy thinks, watch this video

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/03/30/night-amazing-i-never-dreamed-night-so-im-very-happy-alejandro-pozuelo?autoplay=true

And then there is Jozy in this video (somebody needs to gif that one)

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...?autoplay=true
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-30-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's only one game, but he looks like he has the raw talent and disposition to be arguably the greatest DP in our history.

His ability to elevate his teammates is off the charts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm christening him Pozenka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    So I am traveling and only saw the highlights...

Given our PK history, for this guy to deliver the all time eff you slow motion panenka on his debut, that was one of the sweetest/cheekiest things I have ever seen!

What's amazing is how dominant he appears to have been without really doing what he was doing at Genk, the long through balls (there were none in the 8 minute highlight package), holy smokes, when he and Jozy add that...!

Ensco, you need to see if you can find a tape of the whole game and watch it. The interplay between Poz Oso and Jozy, and sometimes Bradley was fantastic. It was like a whole different level of soccer and was a joy to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It's only one game, but he looks like he has the raw talent and disposition to be arguably the greatest DP in our history.

His ability to elevate his teammates is off the charts.
    It was brilliant. Let’s just remember though that he is in mid season form and the other playe4s and teams are not - so the gap between him and others is not quite as far as it looked last night. But that nutmeg, I think around the 55th minute, where he beat two guys, was incredible. More, please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    change the name of the thread!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Ensco, you need to see if you can find a tape of the whole game and watch it. The interplay between Poz Oso and Jozy, and sometimes Bradley was fantastic. It was like a whole different level of soccer and was a joy to watch.
    It was really something. It's early yet and we still have pieces coming but if it goes in this direction I think the team can be more balanced than before. It's refreshing to see more players involved offensively and not have everything funneled through one channel. You can really see it opening space. We get one more attacking option, with pace and has an instinct for good runs off the ball, and I don't see how teams can defend against it all other than low block defending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes fitness wise he is mid to end of season form(his minutes will have to be managed the rest of the year), however his chemistry with the team is nowhere near peak and that's scary, Altidore will get golden boot for sure if this keeps up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    change the name of the thread!

Positively Pozenka!

+1
    Last edited by Richard; 03-30-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at his playing history he started in Spain’s tier two with Betis B, then played a few games in La Liga in Spain’s top league with Betis A team. Then goes to England’s Premier League with Swansea and last one season and plays in 29 games or so. He then goes to Belgium’s top league and spends the last four or so years there and becomes a top player in that league. There are some that will say he was just not good enough for England’s and Spain’s top league , however, he was still pretty young when he played there and sometimes players take longer to develop. Looks like his game developed rather nicely in Belgium and I’m sure there might still have been a few teams that would have taken him in England and Spain’s top leagues. I think he is probably a better player than when he was younger and was playing in England and Spain. So TFC probably have a much better and more experienced player on their hands than what he was when he was younger and trying his luck in two of the world’s best leagues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So seeing as Giovinco’s song was very simple to learn, and got the whole stadium singing it, here’s one for our new star.

https://youtu.be/vNqIUb2RdGQ

1:36 - 1:56

Recognizable song, and very simple.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Positively Pozenka!

+1
    I support this.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I will watch it later this week.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo now has an instagram account. @pozuelo10official

I wonder if this is a TFC thing. Giovinco created his instagram when he joined TFC. I wonder if the club sets them up with social media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is exactly what we need. He runs the offense, creates, finishes, he is a true classic 10.

It is looking great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    In theory that's supposed to be Liam Fraser, but obviously it's too early to know how he'll pan out.
    Liam Fraser, good to know. Will be keeping my eyes on him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if FIFA ever picked up any Seba highlights, or how often they show MLS news at all.... but Pozo got noticed:

https://twitter.com/fifacom/status/1...953517057?s=21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks folks I think this Pozuelo dude can play ok

Wow, he has the same thinking process as VV but faster and more aggressive. It totally rubbed off on everyone, and in particular Osorio started to try the same sort of stuff (with some decent success too)... This team is going to develop a very watchable character around Alejandro's style.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

I wonder if this is a TFC thing. Giovinco created his instagram when he joined TFC. I wonder if the club sets them up with social media.
    He's retweeting in Spanish.

Its all gracious for now but the Spanish language stuff is a good idea - in a multi-lingual city, would be good to sell the most multi-lingual team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, it harkened back to those rare occasions when both Vazquez and Cheyrou were on the field with Bradley. Three Euro experienced MF'ers doing what comes naturally to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo is VV/SEBA all in one and the best player we ever had

a VERY great surprise

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    Pozuelo is VV/SEBA all in one and the best player we ever had

a VERY great surprise

For that crazy combo, I would say the one thing he doesn’t quite have is the pace, he was caught in flat out running. (Gio was a rocket when he first came over) But with that said, when he was caught Poz moved in close quarters like no one I have seen in MLS. The nutmeg was crazy.

Give him teammates with some speed or our existing ones and timing the runs through channels and he will be better than that VV/SEBA thing you mentioned.

Going to be be really fun to watch TFC pick apart teams with 10 men behind the ball.

The year is already fun!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    So I am traveling and only saw the highlights...

Given our PK history, for this guy to deliver the all time eff you slow motion panenka on his debut, that was one of the sweetest/cheekiest things I have ever seen!

What's amazing is how dominant he appears to have been without really doing what he was doing at Genk, the long through balls (there were none in the 8 minute highlight package), holy smokes, when he and Jozy add that...!
    They cut it out of the video but he had a through ball over the top sending Jozy clear in on goal around the 75th minute I believe. Johnson made a good save on it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    They cut it out of the video but he had a through ball over the top sending Jozy clear in on goal around the 75th minute I believe. Johnson made a good save on it.
    There were two or three other through balls to Jozy that just failed to connect or didn't end up with a direct shot on goal but once these guys get their timing down, Jozy's going to be getting 4 or 5 chances a game to score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

Seba had one when he joined but he shut it down and started a new one for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Seba had one when he joined but he shut it down and started a new one for some reason.
    PR-run Insta vs his own personal one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    So seeing as Giovinco’s song was very simple to learn, and got the whole stadium singing it, here’s one for our new star.

https://youtu.be/vNqIUb2RdGQ

1:36 - 1:56

Recognizable song, and very simple.
    I've been singing this song in my head since Friday night!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Pozuelo rolled up his sleeve and showed a tattoo after his penalty kick, does anyone know what that was about? Did he already get a TFC tattoo? It's shown on the picture posted on the Toronto FC Facebook page 15 minutes ago. (The post points to article on the TFC website "Pozuelo steals the show in total team win over New York City FC" but you can't see the tattoo thing in the actual video.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was for his grandfather who just died a couple of weeks ago cause right after he pointed upwards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checked the MLS Player Index, I know the season just started but Pozuelo is already number 1 with 1330