Page 36 of 118 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 3511
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but I just don't see what everyone sees in regards to Ciman. As a back up, he's been solid. I rewatched the game this morning and I thought he was one of our better players. I'd love to see his heat map. It seemed he was absolutely everywhere. Has he lost a step? 100-percent yes but is he a solid backup cb? You better believe it. His distribution was really good and his positioning was better than most

Also, I pray to God that Bradley never gets hurt. He is the backbone, heart beat, brain, and anything else you can think of of this team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Also Terrence Boyd flop confirmed yet?
    At Ricketts pay, not yet - we've got 7 games coming together in May that should tell us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd absolutely take a TAM
    or DP CB. Our backline had been awful, Moor is one year older, Ciman looks like he's lost a step (someone pointed out to me Friday that him and Pozuelo played together, could be wrong but would make sense why they signed Ciman). Zavaleta is back up at best not a starter and Mavinga can't carry the defense by himself. We need at least one CB signing.

Also Terrence Boyd flop confirmed yet?
    Not a chance in hell. How many games has he played? Cmon man, give him some time to play. He's being written off with likely less than 400 mins as a TFC player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Boyd is delivering exactly what they expect. Hustle, pace, hard work, experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only say this because he can't get on the bench it seems. He was supposed to be the guy we bring on and hasn't been. We haven't seen anything of him because he hasn't been good enough in training to even get in the 18. If Jozy is out for significant time I'm not convinced we'll see him edge out Akinola or Hamilton for that time.
    Last edited by portu; 04-21-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only say this because he can't get on the bench it seems. He was supposed to be the guy we bring on and hasn't been. We haven't seen anything of him because he hasn't been good enough in training to even get in the 18. If Jozy is out for significant time I'm not convinced we'll see him edge out Akinola or Hamilton for that time.
    Agreed. Hamilton and Akinola have performed though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the LAFC/Seattle game today and man LAFC is the class of this league right now. TFC has no chance of beating them with their current lineup - I would expect a bad beat down actually. There needs to be some other signings of significance that are required. Last time Altidore had a hammy, he was gone for at least 5 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We always seem to fall back on the training thing but looking a little bit more broadly: is Terence Boyd really better than Hamilton in training? Was Ben Spencer, who also seemed to win immediate opportunities over Hamilton, better? Rickets at a certain point didn’t make sense either but kept getting run-outs.

Something is amiss here. Being a striker is a bottom line business. You score you play, you whif chances you sit. To see a guy score on a decent clip sit behind another player of a similar pedigree in the name of something the coach sees in practice is a bad call IMO.

Vanney overthinks this shit. Up top you ride your best horse (Altidore) or absent that your hot hand (Hamilton, for now). That should be it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    I watched the LAFC/Seattle game today and man LAFC is the class of this league right now. TFC has no chance of beating them with their current lineup - I would expect a bad beat down actually.
    I don't care how many goals they score. I fear no team that lose 0-1 to Vancouver at this stage of the season.

My logical mind will not allow it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Jozy injured it would be a great time for that offensive winger to show up for some added scoring punch.....and of course a good CB would be most welcome. Anytime Ali.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton got looked over last year the majority of the time despite having a decent scoring rate. Who knows why Boyd is being benched. Could be nursing an injury or lacking match fitness. Anyone know the last time he played (and not for us)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    I watched the LAFC/Seattle game today and man LAFC is the class of this league right now. TFC has no chance of beating them with their current DEFENSE
    fixed that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been puzzled about Vanney’s treatment of JHams for at least a season and a half. He has the gift of goals. It is possible that he is better as a sub, when defenses are tiring, but that’s more of an argument for a Ricketts type player. His ability to put the ball in the net should have earned far more minutes last year (ahead of Spencer and Bakero and even Ricketts) and certainly this. Plus his interview after the Minnesota game was excellent - very mature sounding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I’ve been puzzled about Vanney’s treatment of JHams for at least a season and a half. He has the gift of goals. It is possible that he is better as a sub, when defenses are tiring, but that’s more of an argument for a Ricketts type player. His ability to put the ball in the net should have earned far more minutes last year (ahead of Spencer and Bakero and even Ricketts) and certainly this. Plus his interview after the Minnesota game was excellent - very mature sounding.
    yeah puzzled me too. Suspect maybe it was an attitude issue, lax in training blah blah blah. Either way looking forward to seeing more of him. Do want to see a bit more from Boyd too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    yeah puzzled me too. Suspect maybe it was an attitude issue, lax in training blah blah blah. Either way looking forward to seeing more of him. Do want to see a bit more from Boyd too.

Wasn't very puzzling, he was given many chances last year and never stepped up. Like many, I was totally fine with his departure in the off season given that fact. Glad he's starting to pull it together...now to do it regularly...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Wasn't very puzzling, he was given many chances last year and never stepped up. Like many, I was totally fine with his departure in the off season given that fact. Glad he's starting to pull it together...now to do it regularly...
    He actually admitted in an interview very recently when asked about all of this that he didn't have the right mentality when it came to training and getting some game minutes in recent years. He says he feels this offseason that he has sorted all that out and feels he knows what he has to do and the work rate it takes along with taking your chance when you get it. Hopefully we see lots of success for him now. Definitely seems to be a different player when in the games this season. Much higher work rate I think that before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well then, there ya have it

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Vanney explained in his post-game interview that Hamilton had been inconsistent in the past. He seemed to be hinting that he may have more opportunities if he steps up more. Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    He actually admitted in an interview very recently when asked about all of this that he didn't have the right mentality when it came to training and getting some game minutes in recent years. He says he feels this offseason that he has sorted all that out and feels he knows what he has to do and the work rate it takes along with taking your chance when you get it. Hopefully we see lots of success for him now. Definitely seems to be a different player when in the games this season. Much higher work rate I think that before.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One move that pissed me off this offseason was loaning out Ryan Telfer. He was the one guy on the team who could provide some speed and played well last year when given a shot. If they had brought in a winger by now then it would have been ok but weeks keep going by and nothing is coming in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    One move that pissed me off this offseason was loaning out Ryan Telfer. He was the one guy on the team who could provide some speed and played well last year when given a shot. If they had brought in a winger by now then it would have been ok but weeks keep going by and nothing is coming in.
    Remember when they said we should hear about a signing almost 3 week ago? Really frustrating. I think they thought they had Menandez wrapped up, and it blew up in their face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Remember when they said we should hear about a signing almost 3 week ago? Really frustrating. I think they thought they had Menandez wrapped up, and it blew up in their face.
    Not that I often side with KJ and Caldwell, but in their recent podcast they noted that signing is about a year overdue. The team has been looking for some time although that’s been complicated by cap considerations.

I get wanting the right player but absent that just take a run at some sort of stop gap. Right now we basically have De Leon and that’s it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Not that I often side with KJ and Caldwell, but in their recent podcast they noted that signing is about a year overdue. The team has been looking for some time although that’s been complicated by cap considerations.

I get wanting the right player but absent that just take a run at some sort of stop gap. Right now we basically have De Leon and that’s it.
    Yeah one winger who really isn’t a winger but can do an ok job there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Manning had a call with media today and nobody asked him about incoming players?

Am I getting that right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    I don't care how many goals they score. I fear no team that lose 0-1 to Vancouver at this stage of the season.

My logical mind will not allow it.
    Exactly - They have had a pretty softball schedule so far... Portland, San Jose, dropping points to NYFC and Vancouver. We have nothing to fear...especially if we fix the defence/keeping. They beat Seattle easily...but Seattle was ragged from a tough game last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    So, Manning had a call with media today and nobody asked him about incoming players?

Am I getting that right?
    What a joke

Also I'm not sure how Manning calling Jozy a child throwing a temper tantrum makes this situation better. The guy is 29 years old with a serious history of injuries, not a child.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not loving the party line here by Manning. He really could have tweaked what he said and put a cork in the whole issue.

Comparing your star player to a small child really just sets the stage for further confrontation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it very disheartening that we still have no even heard a peep other than "a new signing is coming" for 2 months now. Manning and Curtis are lucky that Pozuelo has been the phenom that he has been. The jury is still out on Boyd, but they have been underwhelming on signings. I am surprised Vanney hasn't given Endoh a look on the wing. I know he failed as a LWB but he is more suited to a winger role. If nothing else he has a high work rate and is coming off a strong season with TFC2

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I find it very disheartening that we still have no even heard a peep other than "a new signing is coming" for 2 months now. Manning and Curtis are lucky that Pozuelo has been the phenom that he has been. The jury is still out on Boyd, but they have been underwhelming on signings. I am surprised Vanney hasn't given Endoh a look on the wing. I know he failed as a LWB but he is more suited to a winger role. If nothing else he has a high work rate and is coming off a strong season with TFC2
    Yeah I would like to see Endoh in a game on the wing too just to see what he can do these days. Had some nice shots from distance with TFC2 that resulted in goals as well. Definitely looks like he improved since his last stint on the first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a joke

Also I'm not sure how Manning calling Jozy a child throwing a temper tantrum makes this situation better. The guy is 29 years old with a serious history of injuries, not a child.
    I would like to actually here this, is it available

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Not loving the party line here by Manning. He really could have tweaked what he said and put a cork in the whole issue.

Comparing your star player to a small child really just sets the stage for further confrontation.
    Seriously, I had the exact same impression. Makes Jozy's comment on Manning's ego sound really accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I would like to actually here this, is it available
    It's in the Molinaro article, in the Jozy thread