Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curtis again fails to deliver (replacing Giovinco like for like.) Instead were amassing a collection of second rate MLS journeymen and gambling on unknown Latin players. The sooner Curtis is booted out and replaced with someone willing to spend big on one class striker rather than fritter the money on numerous squad players the better. I still wish we could find proper soccer ownership for our club and escape the grasp of MLSE. (Theyre no doubt satisfied with the Raptors win for this year) Yes, they gave us a wonderful 2017 but that side should have been a dynasty that ruled MLS for several seasons.

I wasnt Hamilton's biggest fan but he represented potential whereas Mullins represents failed potential. Curtis has done nothing to strengthen our attack which is totally reliant on Altidore and just added Boyd MkII to eat up a salary and seat on the bench.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that and thought we were hearing from Montcalm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Apparently Columbus retaining a sizeable cap hit (Pravda report):

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...rt-and-two-g-s
    Probably the difference between Mullins and Hamilton's salaries, so the cap doesn't change for either team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I say something negative, big win last night for boys. Much needed, and gives us a boost coming into a 4 game window where we can get double digit amount of points.

I noticed no one talked about him in the match thread, but I’m finally ready to say Morrow is past it. He’s no longer a big threat on the left side, and he’s lost a step, which has made his defending very questionable this year. At $330,000, I’d be looking to trade him within the league at the end of the season. Get ahead of this before it starts getting even worse. I’d use the next 6 months looking for his replacement.

Love the man. He was the best LB in the league by a country mile in 2017, but is no longer the same player. Get assets while you can.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley and Morrow are 31, which isn't old for soccer players, but is getting on the downside for players who play their type of game, which is to chew up a lot km's and make lung bursting runs both up the field and tracking back on defense.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teams don't attack down our left. Montreal moved Browne over to their left because they were getting no traction against Morrow & Shaff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Teams don't attack down our left. Montreal moved Browne over to their left because they were getting no traction against Morrow & Shaff.
    Yeah but if you listen to Caldwell, morrow is amazing and auro is pure garbage 😆

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, almost everything comes down the right. The fact that nearly every team seeks to exploit that side just shows how weak it is/was.

Omar Gonzalez, if he continues playing well, could solve a bit of that issue, but it’s really dependent on whether or not Auro/Laryea can improve defensively, because they’re both liabilities even if they’re fairly good going forward. Delgado on the right helps a bit (like last night), but he’s also doing a lot of other stuff.

Morrow may have lost a step going forward, but he had at least one season where he was completely unplayable and absolutely dominated that flank... that was a freak season that was never going to be replicated, especially after his injury.

He’s still pretty solid defensively.

They do need to start looking for a replacement, but both LB and RB are very difficult positions to source even for big teams with unlimited resources. The ones good going forward tend to not be as good defensively and vice versa.

For an example hitting close to home, look at our recent history at RB. Not so far removed from playing converted players who absolutely couldn’t play there (Creavalle), or guys who offered very little and constantly made mistakes (like Jackson). Beita was solid defensively, and VdW could have been had he applied himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think part of the problem with Morrow is that TFC have no one to give him rest. That just doesn't fly when you have an aging player whose style is to bomb forward and back. Morgan, bless his soul, should move to the CPL and finally attempt to become a protagonist. TFC absolutely have to look for a young LB who can be groomed to take over after a year. Alphonso Davies, anyone? LOL
    Last edited by Bobo; 07-14-2019 at 02:20 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Morgan is not going anywhere. Despite him not getting all that much playing time, he's a huge positive influence in the locker room. He's worth every penny of his relatively modest salary just for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's with all these tfc South Americans with swedish names.
    Ericcson Gallardo and Jansen
    Do these south American women have a swedish man fetish

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Tons of Brazilians with US presidents names Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Tons of Brazilians with US presidents names Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington
    Never knew that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still better sounding than the time we signed a South American with the last name Cooper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never knew that
    Yeah, even Cristiano Ronaldo is named after Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor Vazquez has gotten transferred again to another team in the Qatar league (Umm Salal), after only playing only 7 games with Al Arabi. He stayed in Qatar, but I wonder if it's another case of the lifestyle not being what it was in Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Still better sounding than the time we signed a South American with the last name Cooper.
    my personal favs are names like Fred
    not Frederick

just, Fred.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Morgan is not going anywhere. Despite him not getting all that much playing time, he's a huge positive influence in the locker room. He's worth every penny of his relatively modest salary just for that.
    This is how teams stagnate. If he's not good enough, sign someone who is - at least to be the primary backup. Preferably, you want your friendly guys to be able to contribute a bit on the pitch, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    This is how teams stagnate. If he's not good enough, sign someone who is - at least to be the primary backup. Preferably, you want your friendly guys to be able to contribute a bit on the pitch, too.
    i think Mohamed from tfc 2 will be on the roster in the next year or 2 has a LB.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Morgan does contribute... he's just way down the depth chart. Every MLS team has a few players like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Morgan does contribute... he's just way down the depth chart. Every MLS team has a few players like that.
    I agree. For what he can do and what he earns, he is fine. I won't forget the job he did in CCL last spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan does contribute for his role. I think the reason why many of us get down on him is because he broke into the team at 18/19 and we expected him to continually improve and be much more (maybe Morrow level/ quality starter) than he currently is (average but unspectacular backup), which is more or less the same as he was after his first couple years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I agree. For what he can do and what he earns, he is fine. I won't forget the job he did in CCL last spring.
    I feel the league has mostly passed him by now, but happy to have him stick around on a low salary. But yeah, he was excellent in CCL, I'll always remember that too. His goal against Club America, that's the best play of his career, I still can't believe he pulled that off. I'm really glad he had that moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But he shouldn't be down the depth chart. He's the "primary" backup LB. He should be trusted to give Morrow rest, but he isn't really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But he shouldn't be down the depth chart. He's the "primary" backup LB. He should be trusted to give Morrow rest, but he isn't really.
    In MLS you don’t always have the luxury of having a “primary” backup who can push your starters. Sometimes you need to have someone who is happy sitting and not getting paid a lot.

We have basically one competition this season given the early CCL exit and the CanChamp rework... Except for Poz who had no offseason, most of the starters should be expected to play most of the season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this wasn't a cap league I'd agree with you. For a defensive position in MLS Morgan is typical.

Look at the Impact. Does anyone believe that Kinumbe could slot in for Lovitz without a loss in effectiveness? Not a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats with the Morgan hate

1) hes a role player, he knows it and is compesated appropriartely
    2)he saved our ass in CCL.
    3) hes never been a complete disaster. Chapman & Delgado have more ups & downs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    whats with the Morgan hate

1) hes a role player, he knows it and is compesated appropriartely
    2)he saved our ass in CCL.
    3) hes never been a complete disaster. Chapman & Delgado have more ups & downs

Agreed with what you've said. Morgan is a "oh shit we have no players" guy. He's a last resort and he's cheap. Not the worst defensively. He's no Zavaleta

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at the Impact. Does anyone believe that Kinumbe could slot in for Lovitz without a loss in effectiveness? Not a chance.
    A line I'd never thought I'd read but true. Lovitz had a good pest of a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A line I'd never thought I'd read but true. Lovitz had a good pest of a game.
    Checked out Lovitz salary, 97k for a USMNT FB. TFC released him for nothing while paying 3 times that to bring back a washed up former USMNT player in Boyd.