Page 92 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 3511
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Any guesses who is the unnamed player that Columbus gets first right of refusal on?
    The Crew fans are speculating that it's one of Jansen, Hanni, Menendez, or the guy from Zaragoza (forgot his name) but I'd toss Fabian Johnson & maybe even Giovinco's names in there too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our non-youth recruitment over 2018 & 2019 has been middling

Successes

Poz
    Laryea
    Westberg
    DeLeon
    Auro

Unknowns
    Patterson-Sewell
    Bakero

Not Goods

Ciman (debateable but not the impact player he was supposed to be)
    Boyd
    VdV
    Aketxe

Youth players don't develop on untended trees. Every team has a Kaye like "one that got away" story. We think we are bad at youth development and have a lot of misses & flops because we are not bothering to keep track of other people's misses & flops when it comes to youth. We only know the successes.

A lot of people look at Fraser & Bono & now the Shaff and think we are good at developing youth - I don't share that look completely because I know how bad we are at developing defenders. My hope for the academy is the U-15 and below.

The Kaye thing - any competent organization can have it happen & if it does they should find out how to make sure it doesn't again. I can't mark our whole youth development as awful based on Kaye alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    FWIW - Mullins scoring a goal every 117 minutes in 2018/2019 combined, post-injury. Hamilton a goal every 247 minutes with way, way more minutes than Mullins during that span. Not saying he is better or worse but those goals per minutes metrics don't go in Hamilton's favor either.
    Only Altidore has a better goal per 90 than Hamilton at TFC this year, And only Jozy and Pozuelo have scored more times.

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Neither of them are very good. That’s the problem.

Edit: Crew fans think they’ve fleeced us because of the non-Hamilton inclusions in the trade.
    "insignificant" trade or not, they've certainly got the better end of it. Hamilton is a reasonable depth player at this level, like it or not. That's the current standard of the MLS. The Crew just got a younger, more dangerous option off the bench, as well as cash and an INTL spot. What's not to like?

I had forgotten all about Mullins. Anyone remember that goal against us for NE? Looked a promising prospect but has never materialized. On the bright side, he can't look any worse than Boyd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEnglish View Post
    Only Altidore has a better goal per 90 than Hamilton at TFC this year, And only Jozy and Pozuelo have scored more times.

"insignificant" trade or not, they've certainly got the better end of it. Hamilton is a reasonable depth player at this level, like it or not. That's the current standard of the MLS. The Crew just got a younger, more dangerous option off the bench, as well as cash and an INTL spot. What's not to like?

I had forgotten all about Mullins. Anyone remember that goal against us for NE? Looked a promising prospect but has never materialized. On the bright side, he can't look any worse than Boyd.
    They actually gave us $50K TAM in that deal but whatever. As for your last point, I saw more in Mullins VAR'ed disallowed goal that we'd probably ever see from Boyd.

Edit - Buffery says we gave them the $50K TAM. I read two conficting reports on that payout. Don't see why the CRew need it as they barely use any of it.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-12-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEnglish View Post

That is what I thought about too. Not Doneil Henry's finest moment...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bCHYch9TJgM
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Crew fans are speculating that it's one of Jansen, Hanni, Menendez, or the guy from Zaragoza (forgot his name) but I'd toss Fabian Johnson & maybe even Giovinco's names in there too.
    Vazquez (the name you forgot) is now at Gijon as of a couple days ago. Won’t be him.

Seba isn’t included because we got a fee, which I think someone mentioned somewhere else on here as well.

RoFR isn’t the same as Discovery List if I remember correctly from the Union case. It actually involves having a bona fide offer for the player, which wouldn’t involve Johnson.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s one of the ones you’ve listed (wasn’t LJ training in a TFC kit recently?) considering Bez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They actually gave us $50K TAM in that deal but whatever. As for your last point, I saw more in Mullins VAR'ed disallowed goal that we'd probably ever see from Boyd.
    I think the TAM actually went the other way according to the press release and stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I think the TAM actually went the other way according to the press release and stuff.
    Yeah I said above, I read two different reports on this.

If we paid that out then it means Hamilton must have been an addition by subraction because Mullins isn't that much better. I guess Vanney had enough of watching him take up VDW's position of resident loafer.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I said above, I read two different reports on this.

If we paid that out then it means Hamilton must have been an addition by subraction because Mullins isn't that much better. I guess Vanney had enough of watching him take up VDW's position of resident loafer.
    Coincidentally, the Crew will be playing us for the final regular season game on October 6th. I expect he'll circle that date on his calendar, but whether he'll actually play is anyone's guess.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as we all wanted Jordan Hamilton to work out, it was clear that he wouldn't get a chance under Vanney. I wish him all the best and hope he exceeds our expectations in the future. (Expectations are low)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Youth players don't develop on untended trees. Every team has a Kaye like "one that got away" story. We think we are bad at youth development and have a lot of misses & flops because we are not bothering to keep track of other people's misses & flops when it comes to youth. We only know the successes.
    Let’s just call a spade a spade and say the youth development hasn’t been great.

When your biggest miss (an MLS All Star) is much greater than your biggest success (we can debate who that is, but the list isn’t exactly great) people will shit on you, rightfully.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Let’s just call a spade a spade and say the youth development hasn’t been great.

When your biggest miss (an MLS All Star) is much greater than your biggest success (we can debate who that is, but the list isn’t exactly great) people will shit on you, rightfully.
    Who is ultimately in charge of the academy and development now? It changed so many times that I have no idea and that's also probably why it's been so poor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the other part of the trade is that we may get some tam from cbus ..it conditional, probs if they sign that int.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found that Zaragoza guy I mentioned earlier. It's James Igbekeme.

I say with the Crew being cheap the guy they would take is either him or Menendez based on cost. I think Hanni & Janson are too rich for their blood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found that Zaragoza guy I mentioned earlier. It's James Igbekeme.

I say with the Crew being cheap the guy they would take is either him or Menendez based on cost. I think Hanni & Janson are too rich for their blood.

Just my $0.02 but I think that might still be a useful name for us. Either to move Delgado to the bench or replace Bradley (if he leaves).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A year ago, I would have said yes its been bad compared to most of the league. Now with Akinola, Fraser & the Shaff - we are about par & I think those 3 are good inspite of a cruddy academy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad we can't develop defenders or solid GKs. That would be a massive bonus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A year ago, I would have said yes its been bad compared to most of the league. Now with Akinola, Fraser & the Shaff - we are about par & I think those 3 are good inspite of a cruddy academy.
    from what ive seen.i think perruzza,mohamed.west.nelson,will play in mls down the road,and apparently the u15 and u16 are the best prospects they have ever had..we shell see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the early optimism but none of those players are established. Technically Shaffelburg isn’t an academy player, he’s from elsewhere.

Edit: I stand corrected on Shaffelburg he’s been around since ‘16
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-12-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the early optimism but none of those players are established. Technically Shaffelburg isn’t an academy player, he’s from elsewhere.
    he was with the tfc acad for a short time before he went to a us prep school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on Jordan Hamilton's Instagram story it appears he is still in Toronto training and hasn't gone to Columbus yet. Although the Crew are playing in Orlando this weekend.

EDIT: both stories have since been deleted.
    Last edited by noxx98; 07-12-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Based on Jordan Hamilton's Instagram story it appears he is still in Toronto training and hasn't gone to Columbus yet. Although the Crew are playing in Orlando this weekend.
    Well they're cheap so probably don't want to pay to fly him to Orlando and not play. He'll probably go there Monday. Hopefully not by bus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they're cheap so probably don't want to pay to fly him to Orlando and not play. He'll probably go there Monday. Hopefully not by bus.
    $1 Megabus seat sale.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Columbus retaining a sizeable cap hit (Pravda report):

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...rt-and-two-g-s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Apparently Columbus retaining a sizeable cap hit (Pravda report):

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...rt-and-two-g-s
    Pretty ridiculous that both teams spin the story their own way and the fans don’t get to objectively value the trade.

Not saying I distrust our management team but it’s impossible to judge here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty ridiculous that both teams spin the story their own way and the fans don’t get to objectively value the trade.

Not saying I distrust our management team but it’s impossible to judge here.
    Seems like people expected other moves than Gallardo, OG, and Mullins. Nothing else happening as per the FO.

If Jozy spends more time injured and Mullins isn’t scoring then that trade was pointless. If we pay him money in the future and he never performs better than Hamilton (who also isn’t great) then it was a bad trade. If he does well, that’s amazing.

If OG doesn’t fix the back line it wasn’t a good move, especially on TAM. If he does, awesome.

If Gallardo doesn’t work out we’re back to square one. If he comes good, great.

This is the second time they’ve been happy with the pieces they have. The first time was pretty bad, so let’s see how the second round goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad we can't develop defenders or solid GKs. That would be a massive bonus.
    Seems to be a problem nationwide, if that offers you any comfort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alvaro Vazquez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Alvaro Vazquez
    He’s at Gijon now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appears the 2 weeks syndrome isn't just something for us.

Also, a secondary transfer window signing seems imminent for #RBNY "I wouldn't be surprised in the next two weeks if you see a signing," Armas said.