Page 9 of 118 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    What if they traded a player to get the #1 spot?
    We get the legs, cincy can have his arms.

(Cincy gets 50% only for monetary trade)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    Giancarlo Gonzalez linked to Galaxy, which would mean they would need to move to top spot. Though I believe Cincinnati would get a cut
    Why do they have to move to number 1? Everyone always seems to belief you have to move up but you simply do not.

I understand if the player is someone everyone will want that’s how it seems to go but if the current #1 has no interest then #2 is ok and so on down the line.

Maybe TFC would have interest since he’s a CB but I doubt it. It’s almost 100% certain TFC has there eyes on someone who’s returning in the summer so they probably don’t want to waste the pick or pick now and have to reaquire it later.

IMO the chance of TFC trading or using the pick now is low

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Why do they have to move to number 1? Everyone always seems to belief you have to move up but you simply do not.

I understand if the player is someone everyone will want that’s how it seems to go but if the current #1 has no interest then #2 is ok and so on down the line.

Maybe TFC would have interest since he’s a CB but I doubt it. It’s almost 100% certain TFC has there eyes on someone who’s returning in the summer so they probably don’t want to waste the pick or pick now and have to reaquire it later.

IMO the chance of TFC trading or using the pick now is low
    TFC will only make a move if if they believe it's right for the team, simple as that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously no substance to this but hearing Pato has left his club in China...if he was somehow attainable on a TAM deal after raking in the cash in China I think he'd be worth a shot. I know we're supposed to be moving away from having 2 strikers but I'm not sold on our depth up front, and perhaps having someone like Pozuelo to feed through balls could make a nice match.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still only 29. If it's a free transfer and a TAM deal take him in a heart beat, whether that's even realistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pato on a Nico Gaitan style deal please.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Pato on a Nico Gaitan style deal please.
    Co sign
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo (DP), Pato (TAM) would be the reverse of Vazquez (TAM), Giovinco (DP). But younger. And perhaps even better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Pozuelo (DP), Pato (TAM) would be the reverse of Vazquez (TAM), Giovinco (DP). But younger. And perhaps even better.
    I read the galaxy have discovery rights to Pato? Maybe trade his rights for the number one allocation spot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I read the galaxy have discovery rights to Pato? Maybe trade his rights for the number one allocation spot?
    Max you can get for someone's discovery rights is 50k GAM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Co sign
    If we could use this magical DTAM it could be possible. However, with the Pozo saga we heard that MLS won’t allow the signings of contract buyout players, which Pato would be according to reports.

Pato here would be a no brainer, obviously. Chinese teams are moving to a different sort of buy for the most part, so a lot of these player moves are completely shady and there’s a reason a lot of them are coming back recently. Could be some others in the pipeline as well. This just from convos with friends working at Chinese clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    If we could use this magical DTAM it could be possible. However, with the Pozo saga we heard that MLS won’t allow the signings of contract buyout players, which Pato would be according to reports.

Pato here would be a no brainer, obviously. Chinese teams are moving to a different sort of buy for the most part, so a lot of these player moves are completely shady and there’s a reason a lot of them are coming back recently. Could be some others in the pipeline as well. This just from convos with friends working at Chinese clubs.
    A mutual termination is completely different from a player buying out his own contract. Agreed moves to China need to be scrutinized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is apparently scouting James Igbekeme from Spain's second division.

https://www.elperiodicodearagon.com/...e_1349427.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post

Looking at the competition mentioned there and talk of a 10m euro release clause says to me this belongs in the dream land territory unless we somehow sign Bradley down to TAM in the next week or so which seems incredibly unlikely. I suspect this is an agent driving interest and Toronto FC are still a name people are vaguely aware of in Europe as being an MLS team willing to splash cash

Looks like he'd be a great signing if we did somehow pull it off though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, that guy has a motor. He played half of his games last season at LW. This year, he’s been a CM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way he's getting anything more than a million for a transfer, if even that.

He's playing in second division Spain (ahem aketxe) and his club before that in Portugal plays in the third division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Man, that guy has a motor. He played half of his games last season at LW. This year, he’s been a CM.
    Okay, maybe my Paul Mariner scouting is misleading but it would appear to me this guy pushes either Delgado or Osorio to the bench and is more of a defensive mid or box-to-box type rather than a true attacker.

Great player. Fail to see how this can be a priority for the team over finding actual wide attacking players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Van der Wiel posted on Instagram and responded to some fans re: his situation (in PR speak). Mavinga misses him apparently. He suggests he’d be willing to return but management doesn’t want him back.

I guess they still haven’t resolved this situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo was not on the team sheet today. Hopefully that means he will be available tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Pozuelo was not on the team sheet today. Hopefully that means he will be available tonight
    He's not even in Canada dude

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    He is in Spain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Van der Wiel posted on Instagram and responded to some fans re: his situation (in PR speak). Mavinga misses him apparently. He suggests he’d be willing to return but management doesn’t want him back.

I guess they still haven’t resolved this situation.
    I don't see how you're reading it as PR speech. He double downed on blaming the coach in my opinion. The apologing he's willing to me sounds like a fake apology since he said I won't apologize first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I don't see how you're reading it as PR speech. He double downed on blaming the coach in my opinion. The apologing he's willing to me sounds like a fake apology since he said I won't apologize first
    Even still he should be playing in our lineup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Even still he should be playing in our lineup
    Agreed. Or at the very least his cap space should be on the field somewhere instead of a couch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Downplaying your own involvement is the definition of PR speak.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downplaying your own involvement is the definition of PR speak.
    Does anybody even know what the disagreement was about, or what was actually said? If VDW is healthy, and motivated, he has more talent than any of our defenders, save perhaps Mavinga, and is worthy of a second chance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro did more attacking as RB this game than VdW did all of last season.

If auro keeps improving like he is and we have a back up rb we'll be fine. I just hope we can get vdw money off the books so we can put it to good use.

Also I was skeptical at first, but clearly there's no coincidence in the fact all the players are saying just positive things about the atmosphere in the locker room since he left. Literally go watch player interviews and it's all positive, hardworking, motivated vibes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Does anybody even know what the disagreement was about, or what was actually said? If VDW is healthy, and motivated, he has more talent than any of our defenders, save perhaps Mavinga, and is worthy of a second chance.
    Vanney called him out in practice about lack of effort and he lashed out that Vanney wouldn't last the season. Not a great move when you are over-payed and over-hyped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    It's buried somewhere in the off-season thread if you want to go find it, but it was something along the lines of he accused Vanney and the club if not wanting to win, and Vanney shot back with 'maybe if you put more than 30% energy into your game we'd have a better Chance's etc. etc.

Something like that.

I've also thought about what would happen if they gave him a second chance, as long as he was properly contrite, but if the other guys (read: Bradley) don't want him there anyway then it's a moot point.