Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    If MLS gets rid of the salary cap it wont take long to see guys better than Giovinco coming over. I believe without a cap MLS could become a top 6 or 7 league withing a few years.

It could just easily see the same fate the old NASL did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    It could just easily see the same fate the old NASL did
    highly doubt that, a national TV will be the big difference maker in a few years. Networks are paying crazy amounts of money for live sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    It won’t be easy. Can you think of another 26 or 27 year old forward/attacking midfielder, playing for a top European or south American NT, joining TFC? Anybody come to mind on the German team, the French, Spain, Italy, England (Maybe Defoe)? And, world class prospects who come to MLS, never stay very long....
    We offered him double what everyone else was offering. He was the highest paid Italian footballer in the world. If we are prepared to do it again - then we’ll get who ever we want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba was a bench player for Juve when we got him. That does tell you about the quality of top tier European football leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    It won’t be easy. Can you think of another 26 or 27 year old forward/attacking midfielder, playing for a top European or south American NT, joining TFC? Anybody come to mind on the German team, the French, Spain, Italy, England (Maybe Defoe)? And, world class prospects who come to MLS, never stay very long....
    Last edited by Thomas; 03-08-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Seba was a bench player for Juve when we got him. That does tell you about the quality of top tier European football leagues.
    Seba was a bubble player for both Juve and the Italian MNT, which makes him a bit unique.He had no obvious future at Inter, Milan, Roma... he was facing a move to a Fiorentina or similar.

He was comparable in 2015 to someone like maybe Ross Barkley or Leon Goretzka today. Nice player, but not a true household name or anything.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry guys, to a lots of you I may look like an a...hole saying this, but, I think the title of this thread is:
    "TFC 2019 player in-season moves/speculation/rumours"
    Now I counted that the last 12 posts were all about other stuff: mainly Giovinco, and some about the future of the MLS.

Please do not post here anymore stuff like this, I'm (and I think a lots of other people) coming to this thread to read about TFC 2019 player in season moves/speculation/rumours.

Nobody is stopping any of you to open a thread called for ex: "Giovinco forever", and in that thread with a lots of other forum members make posts even 10 years from now about how a great player he was for TFC and that never again we'll have such a great player...

Thanks!
    / end of rant /

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seba was a bubble player for both Juve and the Italian MNT, which makes him a bit unique.He had no obvious future at Inter, Milan, Roma... he was facing a move to a Fiorentina or similar.

He was comparable in 2015 to someone like maybe Ross Barkley or Leon Goretzka today. Nice player, but not a true household name or anything.
    Yes, but unique and different from Barkley in that Seba has world class skill, but not the size to take the physical beating of top top football or the size to be a striker at that level or the pace to be a winger. Unless you are Messi or Hazard, awfully hard to compete at the top level with that skill set at that size. He was a slight positional misfit there but his skill overcame that problem here - and that’s why I think we won’t see another remotely like him, and why the front office won’t be finding him. They may bring in a TAM winger or a decent striker or someone else, and I hope they do - we have literally no pace now that Ricketts is gone (and Raheem). But there will not be a Seba part two. Not now because there is no money. Not then because there isn’t one. And maybe that’s ok. Maybe we can be even better with a more balanced team. Maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we compare to 2018, we are much better. Poz (based on form) > injured VV, Healthy Jozy > injured Jozy, healthy Moor plus Ciman > zavs + Haggs. But compared to 2017 playoffs when VV and Jozy were playing as if healthy, and Ricketts was very effective, and Moor was 2 years younger, and Zavaleta and Hagglund were effective, and we had Seba, we are still way down. Interesting to see if they try to fix this through formation changes ie Bradley new role or through new players
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-09-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    If we compare to 2018, we are much better. Poz (based on form) > injured VV, Healthy Jozy > injured Jozy, healthy Moor plus Ciman > zavs + Haggs. But compared to 2017 playoffs when VV and Jozy well playing as if healthy, and Ricketts was very effective, and Moor was 2 years younger, and Zavaleta and Haggkind were effective, and we had Seba, we are still way down. Interesting to see if they try to fix this through formation changes ie Bradley new role or through new players
    I dont think Moor will be any worse as he gets older its not like hes an athletic specimen, hes not going to lose his football I.Q. Pozuelo might make Jozy better than ever. Osorio is better than he was in 17, Deleon is a nice addition, Auro is underrated here, Hamilton can be as good as Ricketts was. Lets judge the team after they add 2-3 more players, the 2018 team was better than the 2017 team on paper but we all saw how that turned out.

I wish we could have kept Jansen he would look great on the left wing in this system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    If we compare to 2018, we are much better. Poz (based on form) > injured VV, Healthy Jozy > injured Jozy, healthy Moor plus Ciman > zavs + Haggs. But compared to 2017 playoffs when VV and Jozy were playing as if healthy, and Ricketts was very effective, and Moor was 2 years younger, and Zavaleta and Hagglund were effective, and we had Seba, we are still way down. Interesting to see if they try to fix this through formation changes ie Bradley new role or through new players
    Well healthy Moor plus Ciman > zavs + Haggs BUT will Moor stay healthy? And maybe just as important, will Bradley be able to provide as much of a shield as he did in 2017 to make those CB’s look effective?

I tend to think in totoality here we’re trending towards being a bubble playoff team. And that’s not just down to Seba, it’s also about the evolution of MLS rosters and competitiveness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well healthy Moor plus Ciman > zavs + Haggs BUT will Moor stay healthy? And maybe just as important, will Bradley be able to provide as much of a shield as he did in 2017 to make those CB’s look effective?

I tend to think in totoality here we’re trending towards being a bubble playoff team. And that’s not just down to Seba, it’s also about the evolution of MLS rosters and competitiveness.
    ATL, NYC, Red bull's all lost top players. I don't think the league got any better than last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difference is MLS can't keep its top players. Any prospect with a smidgen of potential is sold for a few million $.
    We need to hold on to these guys for a bit longer at least and foster them in MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if Ciman finds his footing (which I think he will)
    and if Pozuelo is a star,
    and if Altidore gives us 25 games

We are one of the top 3 teams in the east. Without a TAM winger.

I would wait for summer on the signing.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The potential is certainly there however the defense scares me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On paper? That's a pretty weak Eastern conference then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    On paper? That's a pretty weak Eastern conference then.
    Eastern Conference doesn't look very impressive this year anyway.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ATL, NYC, Red bull's all lost top players. I don't think the league got any better than last season.
    People don't really realize that Atlanta will be much worse than last year. They used up all their TAM that they could and new team allocation to "win now."

The roster was unsustainable, hence losing stars, the new coach is Aron Winter v2. 0, I don't expect them to be anywhere close to their last year form.

I doubt TFC will wait for summer to bring in at least one more player, TFC should be competitive against Atlanta.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-09-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    People don't really realize that Atlanta will be much worse than last year. They used up all their TAM that they could and new team allocation to "win now."

The roster was unsustainable, hence losing stars, the new coach is Aron Winter v2. 0, I don't expect them to be anywhere close to their last year form.

I doubt TFC will wait for summer to bring in at least one more player, TFC should be competitive against Atlanta.
    I think they will sign one winger asap and see how thing go, then in the summer window they will have a better idea of what they need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw on twitter that Plata didn’t dress for RSL and only subbed last game. Could be a good option to replace seba’s height.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Saw on twitter that Plata didn’t dress for RSL and only subbed last game. Could be a good option to replace seba’s height.
    Plata for vdw! Make it happen Ali

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they will sign one winger asap and see how thing go, then in the summer window they will have a better idea of what they need.
    My gut feeling too. One winger now, maybe one in summer, or another defender should the defense be a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Injured

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really don’t have much in the way of supply of players in March.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry not a First team signing but since I'm bored of waiting Tfc 2 have signed Panamanian Jesus West. He was on trial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My question: where are the reinforcements?
    No speculation since the Pozo signing.
    What's up? Nothing on the rumor mill!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    My question: where are the reinforcements?
    No speculation since the Pozo signing.
    What's up? Nothing on the rumor mill!!
    crickets in here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, Defoe, is that an ANGLO joke?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kind of

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so really what else do we need on the roster?

$850k TAM Right Back
    $1.2M TAM Left-Winger
    $1.5 TAM Right-Winger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually kind of glad there aren't a bunch of wild rumours making the rounds again.

I actually want them to wait a bit - like 3 or 4 games with Poz in the lineup - to know exactly what it is we need. Is it truly a winger? Or are we going to find we have to play with 3 at the back and so we need more cover at CB? Is Jozy going to get hurt quickly again and we'll need a big striker?

I think the Philly game showed we have decent depth (decent, not great) at most positions, meaning we don't need to rush into a signing. The window is open until May, remember.