Page 68 of 118 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 3511
  1. #2011
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,803
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I went back and watched him a bit. Doesn’t seem very good; he’d end up being a Bradley backup but takes up an international spot.

    If we move Bradley, I’m not really sure he’s really good enough to start (though he’s only 25), especially if the defensive issues don’t get fixed and Vanney insists on playing the same system.

    It’s a move that doesn’t really make sense considering the positions we actually have to reinforce, and if we’re replacing Bradley I’d prefer someone better...
    What did you watch? A 7 min youtube video?

  2. #2012
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    What did you watch? A 7 min youtube video?
    Excuse me? It was like 4 minutes of video. I think that qualifies me as an expert in Spanish midfielders from the Scottish league who cut their teeth in Australia.

  3. #2013
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    As long as he makes those against the guys kicking poz it might be a useful addition .
    Our alternative target (nobody) has taken the whole season off...

  4. #2014
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,803
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Excuse me? It was like 4 minutes of video. I think that qualifies me as an expert in Spanish midfielders from the Scottish league who cut their teeth in Australia.
    Nice to know Paul Mariner has a log in

  5. #2015
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Nice to know Paul Mariner has a log in
    Ha ha I was going to say something like that.

  6. #2016
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would be nice to have someone aggressive in the midfield. It would be 100% a luxury signing though. We need a winger and a back-up forward first. (I don't buy the need for another CB, I like the guys we have.)

  7. #2017
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,603
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How much is Delgado ATM? Makes me wonder if Delgado or Bradley or both are potentially being moved IF there is any truth to this rumor.

  8. #2018
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,630
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don’t see how they can move Bradley. Or why. VV, then Seba, then Bradley - that’s throwing the towel in, big time. I’d rather seen them change Bradley’s role and start Fraser Bradley Oso Poz In a diamond

  9. #2019
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    How much is Delgado ATM? Makes me wonder if Delgado or Bradley or both are potentially being moved IF there is any truth to this rumor.
    Despite the hate for Delgado, he’s actually is not on a high salary. He makes less than Nephew, for example.

    He won’t be moved. He can play multiple positions and is a competent MLS player no matter how hard people hate on him here.

  10. #2020
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Nice to know Paul Mariner has a log in
    I loaded up my FM2006 save and scouted some players. Can I list my wonderkid transfer rumours here?

  11. #2021
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,603
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Despite the hate for Delgado, he’s actually is not on a high salary. He makes less than Nephew, for example.

    He won’t be moved. He can play multiple positions and is a competent MLS player no matter how hard people hate on him here.
    Don't hate him but have slowly come of the opinion that he's really fallen off. May still have the skill but see it far more infrequently, honestly think possibly a change for both wouldn't be the worst. He's hardly our biggest issue but food for thought.

  12. #2022
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a weird feeling Bradley is going. The team right now doesn't have his character. He doesn't let some of the mistakes and general loose play happen over and over the way they are. Suggests to me he's checked out. I hope I'm wrong.

  13. #2023
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I have a weird feeling Bradley is going. The team right now doesn't have his character. He doesn't let some of the mistakes and general loose play happen over and over the way they are. Suggests to me he's checked out. I hope I'm wrong.
    I get the same impression. Have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

    Personally, I think it might be necessary culturally for a change. But, it will be hard to replace what he provides on the field.

  14. #2024
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Don't hate him but have slowly come of the opinion that he's really fallen off. May still have the skill but see it far more infrequently, honestly think possibly a change for both wouldn't be the worst. He's hardly our biggest issue but food for thought.
    We’ll just see him go somewhere else and be successful. There’s a reason he starts every game, which obviously isn’t his ability to score sitters.

    Vanney’s system as of late makes players look worse than they are, unfortunately, especially if they aren’t as technically gifted as you’d expect to see in a side playing this brand of football.

  15. #2025
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I get the same impression. Have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

    Personally, I think it might be necessary culturally for a change. But, it will be hard to replace what he provides on the field.
    This is an unfortunate truth but in nearly every circumstance having a DP in a DM role is kind of a waste in 2019 MLS.

    Bradley has won games by himself, but the reality is that under ordinary circumstances he doesn’t, and broken Jozy leaves us two attacking players who can score down. Making Pozo come back to our box to win balls or pick the ball up from Bradley leaves us without 3 DP level attacking players and is a huge hindrance.

  16. #2026
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Although Delgado is playing like crap I do see the value in him. Alongside better players he's a useful piece but he won't win you games or near it, alone. And I think his engine would be even more advantageous as a depth player coming off the bench. In that case I wouldnt get rid of him.

    Bradley definitely needs to be pushed farther up as a box to box player (Delgado's role) otherwise I agree with Stego, currently he's kind of a waste of a DP spot at DM. I dont foresee us getting a new DM soon so hopefully Fraser can step it up.

  17. #2027
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Atiba would be perfect for a year while Fraser and Okello gain some experience in Bradley is let go.

    We need a DP winger/striker. A rich mans Janson type of player.

  18. #2028
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but we can sign players outside of the transfer window only through trades or current MLS free agents?

    International free agents must wait until transfer window opens ?

  19. #2029
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but we can sign players outside of the transfer window only through trades or current MLS free agents?

    International free agents must wait until transfer window opens ?
    And players out of contract.

    No idea why we're doing nothing. If any season is screaming for a slew of trialists, it's this one.

  20. #2030
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kubo had an impressive game for FC Tokyo. I know he’s supposed to move back to Europe, but that would be the kind of youth player who would probably excel in an MLS first team.

  21. #2031
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but we can sign players outside of the transfer window only through trades or current MLS free agents?

    International free agents must wait until transfer window opens ?
    Free agents signed outside the window need to have been a free agent when the last window ended iirc

  22. #2032
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,803
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Janson just scored against Boca Juniors in the Copa de la Superliga final. They are 2 up. If they win think they are in next years Copa Libertadores even though they were relegated.

  23. #2033
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Although Delgado is playing like crap I do see the value in him. Alongside better players he's a useful piece but he won't win you games or near it, alone. And I think his engine would be even more advantageous as a depth player coming off the bench. In that case I wouldnt get rid of him.

    Bradley definitely needs to be pushed farther up as a box to box player (Delgado's role) otherwise I agree with Stego, currently he's kind of a waste of a DP spot at DM. I dont foresee us getting a new DM soon so hopefully Fraser can step it up.
    To me Fraser has proven he can start
    Put Fraser and Bradley out there for a few games, bring in Delgado later.

  24. #2034
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    From Kristian Jack:
    Multiple sources have confirmed to me that Toronto FC have signed centre-back Omar Gonzalez. Announcement to come soon. See him as a ‘cornerstone’ of their defence going forward. Available after July 7th. Two and a half year deal plus option.

  25. #2035
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,803
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Will be announced by the team at 1PM according to Beezer.

  26. #2036
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like the omar signing. Decent age and was a force in mls. Also he will help on set pieces which tfc are absolutely atrocious at. The problem is now tfc cant score goals. They need janson too.

  27. #2037
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Signing Omar Gonzalez uses the top spot in the Allocation order right?

  28. #2038
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    10,112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I like the omar signing. Decent age and was a force in mls. Also he will help on set pieces which tfc are absolutely atrocious at. The problem is now tfc cant score goals. They need janson too.
    Meh and Meh.

    Omar's best years are done and they weren't that great to begin with. Janson didn't look like much last year to get excited about.

  29. #2039
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Signing Omar Gonzalez uses the top spot in the Allocation order right?
    Yeah that's gone now.

    Hopefully he is less tree like than I remember.

  30. #2040
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm gonna condemn the Omar signing right now. He'll be shit. If he's great hold me to this statement. But I'm 99% certain this is stupid.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •