Page 68 of 118 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I went back and watched him a bit. Doesn’t seem very good; he’d end up being a Bradley backup but takes up an international spot.

If we move Bradley, I’m not really sure he’s really good enough to start (though he’s only 25), especially if the defensive issues don’t get fixed and Vanney insists on playing the same system.

It’s a move that doesn’t really make sense considering the positions we actually have to reinforce, and if we’re replacing Bradley I’d prefer someone better...
    What did you watch? A 7 min youtube video?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    What did you watch? A 7 min youtube video?
    Excuse me? It was like 4 minutes of video. I think that qualifies me as an expert in Spanish midfielders from the Scottish league who cut their teeth in Australia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    As long as he makes those against the guys kicking poz it might be a useful addition .
    Our alternative target (nobody) has taken the whole season off...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excuse me? It was like 4 minutes of video. I think that qualifies me as an expert in Spanish midfielders from the Scottish league who cut their teeth in Australia.
    Nice to know Paul Mariner has a log in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha I was going to say something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be nice to have someone aggressive in the midfield. It would be 100% a luxury signing though. We need a winger and a back-up forward first. (I don't buy the need for another CB, I like the guys we have.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much is Delgado ATM? Makes me wonder if Delgado or Bradley or both are potentially being moved IF there is any truth to this rumor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t see how they can move Bradley. Or why. VV, then Seba, then Bradley - that’s throwing the towel in, big time. I’d rather seen them change Bradley’s role and start Fraser Bradley Oso Poz In a diamond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    How much is Delgado ATM? Makes me wonder if Delgado or Bradley or both are potentially being moved IF there is any truth to this rumor.
    Despite the hate for Delgado, he’s actually is not on a high salary. He makes less than Nephew, for example.

He won’t be moved. He can play multiple positions and is a competent MLS player no matter how hard people hate on him here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loaded up my FM2006 save and scouted some players. Can I list my wonderkid transfer rumours here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the hate for Delgado, he’s actually is not on a high salary. He makes less than Nephew, for example.

He won’t be moved. He can play multiple positions and is a competent MLS player no matter how hard people hate on him here.
    Don't hate him but have slowly come of the opinion that he's really fallen off. May still have the skill but see it far more infrequently, honestly think possibly a change for both wouldn't be the worst. He's hardly our biggest issue but food for thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a weird feeling Bradley is going. The team right now doesn't have his character. He doesn't let some of the mistakes and general loose play happen over and over the way they are. Suggests to me he's checked out. I hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I have a weird feeling Bradley is going. The team right now doesn't have his character. He doesn't let some of the mistakes and general loose play happen over and over the way they are. Suggests to me he's checked out. I hope I'm wrong.
    I get the same impression. Have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

Personally, I think it might be necessary culturally for a change. But, it will be hard to replace what he provides on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Don't hate him but have slowly come of the opinion that he's really fallen off. May still have the skill but see it far more infrequently, honestly think possibly a change for both wouldn't be the worst. He's hardly our biggest issue but food for thought.
    We’ll just see him go somewhere else and be successful. There’s a reason he starts every game, which obviously isn’t his ability to score sitters.

Vanney’s system as of late makes players look worse than they are, unfortunately, especially if they aren’t as technically gifted as you’d expect to see in a side playing this brand of football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I get the same impression. Have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

Personally, I think it might be necessary culturally for a change. But, it will be hard to replace what he provides on the field.
    This is an unfortunate truth but in nearly every circumstance having a DP in a DM role is kind of a waste in 2019 MLS.

Bradley has won games by himself, but the reality is that under ordinary circumstances he doesn’t, and broken Jozy leaves us two attacking players who can score down. Making Pozo come back to our box to win balls or pick the ball up from Bradley leaves us without 3 DP level attacking players and is a huge hindrance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although Delgado is playing like crap I do see the value in him. Alongside better players he's a useful piece but he won't win you games or near it, alone. And I think his engine would be even more advantageous as a depth player coming off the bench. In that case I wouldnt get rid of him.

Bradley definitely needs to be pushed farther up as a box to box player (Delgado's role) otherwise I agree with Stego, currently he's kind of a waste of a DP spot at DM. I dont foresee us getting a new DM soon so hopefully Fraser can step it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atiba would be perfect for a year while Fraser and Okello gain some experience in Bradley is let go.

We need a DP winger/striker. A rich mans Janson type of player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but we can sign players outside of the transfer window only through trades or current MLS free agents?

International free agents must wait until transfer window opens ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but we can sign players outside of the transfer window only through trades or current MLS free agents?

And players out of contract.

No idea why we're doing nothing. If any season is screaming for a slew of trialists, it's this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kubo had an impressive game for FC Tokyo. I know he’s supposed to move back to Europe, but that would be the kind of youth player who would probably excel in an MLS first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free agents signed outside the window need to have been a free agent when the last window ended iirc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Janson just scored against Boca Juniors in the Copa de la Superliga final. They are 2 up. If they win think they are in next years Copa Libertadores even though they were relegated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although Delgado is playing like crap I do see the value in him. Alongside better players he's a useful piece but he won't win you games or near it, alone. And I think his engine would be even more advantageous as a depth player coming off the bench. In that case I wouldnt get rid of him.

Bradley definitely needs to be pushed farther up as a box to box player (Delgado's role) otherwise I agree with Stego, currently he's kind of a waste of a DP spot at DM. I dont foresee us getting a new DM soon so hopefully Fraser can step it up.
    To me Fraser has proven he can start
    Put Fraser and Bradley out there for a few games, bring in Delgado later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Kristian Jack:
    Multiple sources have confirmed to me that Toronto FC have signed centre-back Omar Gonzalez. Announcement to come soon. See him as a ‘cornerstone’ of their defence going forward. Available after July 7th. Two and a half year deal plus option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be announced by the team at 1PM according to Beezer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the omar signing. Decent age and was a force in mls. Also he will help on set pieces which tfc are absolutely atrocious at. The problem is now tfc cant score goals. They need janson too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signing Omar Gonzalez uses the top spot in the Allocation order right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I like the omar signing. Decent age and was a force in mls. Also he will help on set pieces which tfc are absolutely atrocious at. The problem is now tfc cant score goals. They need janson too.
    Meh and Meh.

Omar's best years are done and they weren't that great to begin with. Janson didn't look like much last year to get excited about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Signing Omar Gonzalez uses the top spot in the Allocation order right?
    Yeah that's gone now.

Hopefully he is less tree like than I remember.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna condemn the Omar signing right now. He'll be shit. If he's great hold me to this statement. But I'm 99% certain this is stupid.