Page 64 of 118 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 3511
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus with the upcoming Gold Cup this team is going to be even more weakened. Anyone selected to a Gold Cup roster last game for the Reds will likely be gone after the May 31st matchup at Vancouver. If the US were to make the final Jozy and Michael would miss five games, so it’s going to get interesting.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Plus with the upcoming Gold Cup this team is going to be even more weakened. Anyone selected to a Gold Cup roster last game for the Reds will likely be gone after the May 31st matchup at Vancouver. If the US were to make the final Jozy and Michael would miss five games, so it’s going to get interesting.
    Playoffs will be tough to reach. Hopefully jozy pulls a vela and doesnt go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Playoffs will be tough to reach. Hopefully jozy pulls a vela and doesnt go.
    With 7 teams qualifying, I don't think making it in the east will be difficult really, if we do the right moves by summer. As is or with a couple TAM signings, I think we may qualify but go out straight away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    With 7 teams qualifying, I don't think making it in the east will be difficult really, if we do the right moves by summer. As is or with a couple TAM signings, I think we may qualify but go out straight away.
    Without Bradley, Jozy and Osorio (maybe Chapman) they might be in a big hole. The summer window is 8 games away? Curtis will probably wait til the last day to sign someone lol.

I’m getting sick of all the Americans on the team who suck when there are good Canadians out there who would probably help the team. Akindele is playing well for Orlando, they probably could have traded for him instead they sign Boyd. Derrick Cornelius would have been a nice upgrade over Zavaleta or even Ciman at CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are waiting for management to do the right thing, then you are drunk and high on kool-aid and hopium. It's not happening...I know this because the facts back it 100%.

Edwards, Beitashour and Hasler are guys we probably should have kept, but it's okay...the replacements are awesome...LOL.

This is going to get very ugly this season....only saving grace is Canada may have a shot to go far in the Gold Cup...which means we don't have a team for 8 games....I expect us to go 0-7-1 in that stretch...and that is realistic. They are not going to sign anybody and we don't have the depth or trade chips available. That is how I feel....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    If you are waiting for management to do the right thing, then you are drunk and high on kool-aid and hopium. It's not happening...I know this because the facts back it 100%.

Edwards, Beitashour and Hasler are guys we probably should have kept, but it's okay...the replacements are awesome...LOL.

This is going to get very ugly this season....only saving grace is Canada may have a shot to go far in the Gold Cup...which means we don't have a team for 8 games....I expect us to go 0-7-1 in that stretch...and that is realistic. They are not going to sign anybody and we don't have the depth or trade chips available. That is how I feel....
    Edwards and Hasler haven’t really done anything since leaving so they were no big loss and I thought they weren’t allowed to pay Beitashour because of league rules and honestly gambling on VDW wasn’t too bad at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards and Hasler haven’t really done anything since leaving so they were no big loss and I thought they weren’t allowed to pay Beitashour because of league rules and honestly gambling on VDW wasn’t too bad at the time.
    Edwards hasn’t particularly been given a fair chance either however. He has been pigeon holed into a number of positions he’s less suited for, most notably as a right sided forward by Remi Garde. He still looks capable at that LB spot and at this stage would not be expensive. Suspect he also went through some personal issues or there was a suggestion he had.

There was a post earlier about a few of the Canadians MDS has brought on in Vancouver. Some of them will work and be a big success (most likely Crepeau, for starters), some of them might not pan out. All and all, I think MDS is really demonstrably showing how different American coaches treat Canadian players and how penalized Canadian players are by the MLS roster rules.

It’s easier to hold down a roster spot as talentless American prospect (see: Ben Spencer) than as a Canadian who has potential but needs playing time to develop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Edwards hasn’t particularly been given a fair chance either however. He has been pigeon holed into a number of positions he’s less suited for, most notably as a right sided forward by Remi Garde. He still looks capable at that LB spot and at this stage would not be expensive. Suspect he also went through some personal issues or there was a suggestion he had.

There was a post earlier about a few of the Canadians MDS has brought on in Vancouver. Some of them will work and be a big success (most likely Crepeau, for starters), some of them might not pan out. All and all, I think MDS is really demonstrably showing how different American coaches treat Canadian players and how penalized Canadian players are by the MLS roster rules.

It’s easier to hold down a roster spot as talentless American prospect (see: Ben Spencer) than as a Canadian who has potential but needs playing time to develop.
    Edwards cant even make team canada who needs a left back badly. He couldn't make iy in montreal or chicago. I would rather have telfer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards cant even make team canada who needs a left back badly. He couldn't make iy in montreal or chicago. I would rather have telfer.
    Got to be an attitude issue because he has talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, the team has a glut of left sided forwards and has played a series of weak opponents where goals are tantamount to secure a good qualifying spot. They’ve taken the attitude of trying to put as many quality players on the pitch as possible even if it’s disproportionately attacking players and otherwise an unbalanced looking starting 11. At several points Alphonso Davies has even been playing LB, to give you an idea of what’s going on.

“Not making team Canada” isn’t exactly what it used to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Unfortunately, the team has a glut of left sided forwards and has played a series of weak opponents where goals are tantamount to secure a good qualifying spot. They’ve taken the attitude of trying to put as many quality players on the pitch as possible even if it’s disproportionately attacking players and otherwise an unbalanced looking starting 11. At several points Alphonso Davies has even been playing LB, to give you an idea of what’s going on.

“Not making team Canada” isn’t exactly what it used to be.
    He made the 40 man roster though. I checked this morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Edwards and think he has massive potential. But I don’t think that’s the real issue - the issue is that management let Edwards Hasler and Telfer go, and replaced them with no one who provides width and pace. And let Ricketts go too. Our skill players can be neutralized without width and pace - for example, at Times DC was sending three players to stop Poz knowing there was no risk of a break

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A right winger from Reus looks to be coming in on trial. Ex Barca youth product. Seems to be a partnership between clubs.

https://tarragonadigital.com/esports...sent-maig-2019

https://us.soccerway.com/players/adr...-marin/372487/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Got to be an attitude issue because he has talent.
    Edwards is and has always been a bit of a petulant attitude problem, he thinks he is entitled, typical Millennial, my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    A right winger from Reus looks to be coming in on trial. Ex Barca youth product. Seems to be a partnership between clubs.

And our obsession with players from good academies continues.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should be scouring Europe for out of contract players until July anyway. Glad to see we're doing something, anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gareth Bale - available for a mere €250k/week...3 year minimum DP deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Spanish Winger Fella

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems more like a TFC2 or CPL level of player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems more like a TFC2 or CPL level of player.
    Likely but it's all we have rumor wise right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaming it out for a moment .. he ain't leaving mid season without a hefty transfer fee - nothing less then $5 million - and he is not going down there for anything less then $3 million a year? Can't see Monterey spending that on a 31 year old.

Teams kick tires all the time on Bradley but so far everybody has balked at the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Gaming it out for a moment .. he ain't leaving mid season without a hefty transfer fee - nothing less then $5 million - and he is not going down there for anything less then $3 million a year? Can't see Monterey spending that on a 31 year old.

Teams kick tires all the time on Bradley but so far everybody has balked at the price.
    They have massive financial power. If they want him, it'll get done.

They paid about 5M for 30yr old Miguel Layun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id let bradley go. Use the dp spot on a winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Akinola is out of the U20 WC. Hope the injury isnt long term...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isnt Bradley able to sign on a free this summer? He wont fetch much of a transfer fee.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    We should wish him luck. After all that he has done for this team, he deserves a change. Our current team is going nowhere, and he must be tired of having to play every minute of every game alongside such crap teammates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    It will be difficult to see him go, if this is true, of course. But I only wish him well.

He's probably a $2-$3 million a year player at this point. Not worth a DP slot, but too expensive for a TAM deal.

He wants to continue with the USMNT and maybe play in the next WC. That won't happen if he stays here.

We were dreaming to think we could keep him on a TAM contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is Bradley worth more than Giovinco?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canucks Abroad

@Canucks_Abroad

Steven Vitoria is available on a free transfer as his contract has expired at Lechia Gdańsk