Page 43 of 118 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 3511
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    is Delgado even good depth as this point?
    He was pretty good. He just got ruined like Bono. A good seat on the bench for a while would probably be a good idea just like Bono. Let him fight his way back in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is Delgado even good depth as this point?
    He's actually good depth. He just is a shuttler in a team that doesn't need shuttlers anymore.

3-5-2 TFC in 2017 - he was excellent.

4-4-2 diamond - not so much

4-2-3-1 2019 TFC - not the skillset to start but a good one off the bench.

Needs to reinvent himself as a passing DM because everybody under Vanney has to pass the rock at some point - but its just not working right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucas Janson may be back:

#
    MercadoDePases
    | Lucas Janson will almost certainly not remain in #Tigre. A few weeks ago, #EDLP he communicated with the player but did not advance in the negotiations and from the United States accelerated for him. #TorontoFC ����, where Janson was already on loan, is willing to buy it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post

#
    MercadoDePases
    | Lucas Janson will almost certainly not remain in #Tigre. A few weeks ago, #EDLP he communicated with the player but did not advance in the negotiations and from the United States accelerated for him. #TorontoFC ����, where Janson was already on loan, is willing to buy it.
    This would be my preferred choice. At least you know what you're getting and I think he could work nicely with Pozo & Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This would be my preferred choice. At least you know what you're getting and I think he could work nicely with Pozo & Jozy.

yes please.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    yes please.....
    And then let's aim for a solid CB whose initials aren't the same as "Own Goal".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did everyone else see something in Janson I didn't? Seemed like a pretty mediocre forward for us to tie up an international slot and, I assume, a chunk of TAM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omar was one of the best if not the best CB in MLS not long ago and isn’t that old at 30. He would also provide TFC with height and a threat on set pieces. I think he would be a good fit with Mavinga or Ciman.

I would welcome Jansen back in a heartbeat. I like him on either wing or even up top if Jozy is out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Did everyone else see something in Janson I didn't? Seemed like a pretty mediocre forward for us to tie up an international slot and, I assume, a chunk of TAM
    4 goals and 2 assist in 11 games is pretty good production. He has 5 goals and 3 assist in 1 games in Argentina this spring. He played really well in the last game of the year a 4-3-3 on the right wing vs ATL. We also know he fits the locker room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how is he ours?
    Was ours*

Academy product, left for Herenveen a few years ago didn't quite pan out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    4 goals and 2 assist in 11 games is pretty good production. He has 5 goals and 3 assist in 1 games in Argentina this spring. He played really well in the last game of the year a 4-3-3 on the right wing vs ATL. We also know he fits the locker room.
    not a bad pick up ..but at 3. 5 mil transfer..hmm.he did miss a lot of easy chances.chad barrett type misses lol.
    i dont think he brings the speed that vanney wants on the wing,we shell see.with this FO it may take until dec to get the paperwork done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree he’s seems to be a good locker room guy and can fit within the team. At the same time, if this is the final destination in terms of attacking signings, I’m a bit troubled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    From Doyle's weekend roundup...
    Signing Omar Gonzalez would be lazy. Are you signing the guy because he's the right player or because he fills a need and is on the allocation list which we happen to be at the top of?

At 30 years old and given recent form in Liga MX, I would argue it's the latter.

Also when he left he was on a contract healthily above 1 million a year. How comfy are you all with that? Is that the best way to spend a million in this league?
    Last edited by portu; 04-29-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post

#
    MercadoDePases
    Greatly welcomed. But not the pacey winger we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Greatly welcomed. But not the pacey winger we need.
    Could they afford Jansen and Ivey? I think they need two wingers not just one. I wonder how much Montreal paid for Browne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    not a bad pick up ..but at 3. 5 mil transfer..hmm.he did miss a lot of easy chances.chad barrett type misses lol.
    i dont think he brings the speed that vanney wants on the wing,we shell see.with this FO it may take until dec to get the paperwork done.
    The fee likely wont be 3.5M this time around. Tigre lost leverage getting relegated and Janson apparently refusing to move internally in Argentina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucas is playing right now for Tigre’s vs Union. I wish I could find a stream, Union has a left winger Frangopane who is a free agent at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucas is playing right now for Tigre’s vs Union. I wish I could find a stream, Union has a left winger Frangopane who is a free agent at the end of the season.

I've been watching. Not much going on so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jansen on the right, Robben for depth lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apart from that one game, have you got any reason to treat him like a good chunk of US football treats Bradley & Altidore? Like, if you don't rate him, fine. But using that particular one game moniker is awfully weird in this particular forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially when we had such a shit season last year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Nah, I'm with you man. Some typical trickery and guile but not a natural finisher. A couple of junk goals, a penalty, one decent finish. Not even at TAM money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nah, I'm with you man. Some typical trickery and guile but not a natural finisher. A couple of junk goals, a penalty, one decent finish. Not even at TAM money.
    What are you expecting as a tam signing? Our current tam players are Osorio and mavinga who have as many flaws or more than Janson.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Apart from that one game, have you got any reason to treat him like a good chunk of US football treats Bradley & Altidore? Like, if you don't rate him, fine. But using that particular one game moniker is awfully weird in this particular forum.
    I've seen a lot of OG in MLS & LMX and he is not great. People complain about Ciman & Moor being slow yet they want Gonzalez? Maybe the second time around would prove different but I don't see him as much better than what we have now. Also that wasn't his only own goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen a lot of OG in MLS & LMX and he is not great. People complain about Ciman & Moor being slow yet they want Gonzalez? Maybe the second time around would prove different but I don't see him as much better than what we have now. Also that wasn't his only own goal.
    If he is as good as Moor but isn’t made of glass its worth it. Also LIGA MX is better than MLS so he will look better here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe it or not, but Doneil Henry is coming on his own with Whitecaps. I think he can be realistic option for TFC (CB in his prime). You don't need to spend TAM (especially when you spending close to million already on Ciman, Moor and Mavinga) on CB in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Believe it or not, but Doneil Henry is coming on his own with Whitecaps. I think he can be realistic option for TFC (CB in his prime). You don't need to spend TAM (especially when you spending close to million already on Ciman, Moor and Mavinga) on CB in this league.
    He is basically like Mavinga, I dont think the two would work well together.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised Gonzalez is listed at 6'5" because I have seen him tons and he really doesn't play like it or really look like it although he kind of slouches when he runs. I always thought he was around 6'2".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omar was never the organizer of the LA backline either was he? Maybe I just think that because he was so young during their run. Maybe it's changed now that he's 30.