Page 32 of 118 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Green is far from a sure thing or a rare sort of talent in my eyes. Could do just as well, maybe even better, poaching any number of wingers in Europe or elsewhere. Plus we'd be able to cash out on the allocation spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Green is far from a sure thing or a rare sort of talent in my eyes. Could do just as well, maybe even better, poaching any number of wingers in Europe or elsewhere. Plus we'd be able to cash out on the allocation spot.
    He has upside at 23 and speed which is what the team needs and wouldn’t count as an international I guess those are the pro’s of signing him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Emerson Hyndman. Seems to be on perma-loan from Bournemouth. Exciting young talent, very good going forward, very tricky with the ball.

Romain Gall would probably like a pay raise from Sweden, too. Very good winger.
    Last edited by jloome; 04-11-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julian Green would more than likely be waste of resources. He's worked his way from the the hype of being a Bayern Munich starlet to not even being a regular starter in Bundesliga 3. I suppose you could make a case for the reclamation project angle but that does sound like a waste of the allocation order asset.

I'll take Johnathan David please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    Julian Green would more than likely be waste of resources. He's worked his way from the the hype of being a Bayern Munich starlet to not even being a regular starter in Bundesliga 3. I suppose you could make a case for the reclamation project angle but that does sound like a waste of the allocation order asset.

I'll take Johnathan David please
    Can't afford David.

Also he purposely went to Europe to avoid MLS academies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Javier Pastore looking to leave Roma of Serie A, is this a player TFC can get ? He is 29 years of age , don’t know if they can afford him though?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Javier Pastore looking to leave Roma of Serie A, is this a player TFC can get ? He is 29 years of age , don’t know if they can afford him though?
    He is very good. Another option....A young dude named Felix Joao....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    No chance. And if he takes a cut price deal it'll be for one of the Grandes in Argentina for a crack at the Copa Lib.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love Adalberto Penaranda - Young, speedy and versatile (Can play anywhere up top). He's not getting game time at Watford so we could probably tie him up on a TAM deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So apparently Bill Manning and Jason Hernandez were in Italy, on an invitation from agent D’Amico (Seba’s Agent). It’s very common that clubs get players offered to them by agents (Lazio has 3 agents that they do business with). They will watch a few matches over there.

Did some digging on his clients. Emanuele Terranova is a CB for Cremonese, Serie B side. Middle of the pack, but have the best goals against in the league. The season before, he lead Frosinone to promotion to Serie A. He turns 32 tomorrow, but I don’t think his transfer fee will be high. He’s be a TAM CB. Also, makes sense you would bring a CB with you, to scout another one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    So apparently Bill Manning and Jason Hernandez were in Italy, on an invitation from agent D’Amico (Seba’s Agent). It’s very common that clubs get players offered to them by agents (Lazio has 3 agents that they do business with). They will watch a few matches over there.

Did some digging on his clients. Emanuele Terranova is a CB for Cremonese, Serie B side. Middle of the pack, but have the best goals against in the league. The season before, he lead Frosinone to promotion to Serie A. He turns 32 tomorrow, but I don’t think his transfer fee will be high. He’s be a TAM CB. Also, makes sense you would bring a CB with you, to scout another one.
    No thanks to a 32 year old CB. Matt miazga is a free agent in just over a month. He's got a connection with Ali from NY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks!
    Even if for CB, I don't want at this point for TFC anyone new who's older than 30 .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    No thanks to a 32 year old CB. Matt miazga is a free agent in just over a month. He's got a connection with Ali from NY.
    Agreed I’d like him too, but that’s if he wants to come back. Drew Moor came to TFC at 31/32, and completely changed the back line for the better. I think sometimes we get lost with the age of players sometimes. Terranova has been one the best CB in Serie B now for 3 years, and has had a very healthy, missing 5 matches in past 3 season. On a 3 year deal, and stop gap for Moor, I’d look at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the promoted Championship teams picked up Miazga, he's been excellent for reading since joining on loan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed I’d like him too, but that’s if he wants to come back. Drew Moor came to TFC at 31/32, and completely changed the back line for the better. I think sometimes we get lost with the age of players sometimes. Terranova has been one the best CB in Serie B now for 3 years, and has had a very healthy, missing 5 matches in past 3 season. On a 3 year deal, and stop gap for Moor, I’d look at it.
    Bang on, the hurr durr 30 year olds are OAP is ridiculous. I know nothing about this player but if he can come in an replace what Drew Moor has been then he'd be a fantastic signing as Moor is sorely missed when he is out. Moor's composure, intelligence, and awareness at the back is miles better than our other CBs and is completely missed without him. We need a CB who is actually calm enough to read the game and not just run around like a wrecking ball like Mavinga and Ciman. If it is an experienced 32 year old then so be it, he'll have a solid 2-3 years left in him which is all you need. Italian centre halves get better with age anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have watched Terranova for the past few years .. I am a dedicated Frosinone fan... This guy has grit and a hard work ethic .. surprised Frosinone let him go at the end of the season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's signed with Chelsea until 2022 no?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    He's signed with Chelsea until 2022 no?
    Yes he does. The other poster must have just looked at transfermarkt where is says his contract with Reading ends soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomLawrence View Post
    Yes he does. The other poster must have just looked at transfermarkt where is says his contract with Reading ends soon.
    My bad, I guess he isn’t a realistic option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone posted it earlier and after watching the last game it seems as though we could really use a stay at home defensive midfield destroyer. That way Bradley could push up higher and not drop so deep all the time, I’m not sure it’s helping us defensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't watch nearly enough non-MLS soccer - so a general question - but which players are considered the rock star CBs of the world? Not saying we could sign them or even afford them, but who are the Messi's and Ronaldo's of the defensive world?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    I don't watch nearly enough non-MLS soccer - so a general question - but which players are considered the rock star CBs of the world? Not saying we could sign them or even afford them, but who are the Messi's and Ronaldo's of the defensive world?
    Virgil van Dyk might be the best CB in the world right now. The guy that replaced him at Celtic after he went to Southampton then Liverpool is Dedrick Boyata (also a Dutch international) is out of contract and he would be a great TAM signing. He's not Van Dyk...but he would be probably the best CB in the league in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Virgil van Dyk might be the best CB in the world right now. The guy that replaced him at Celtic after he went to Southampton then Liverpool is Dedrick Boyata (also a Dutch international) is out of contract and he would be a great TAM signing. He's not Van Dyk...but he would be probably the best CB in the league in MLS.
    Signed a deal with Hertha Berlin. 2M Euros a year.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belgians aren't Dutch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Signed a deal with Hertha Berlin. 2M Euros a year.
    No deal done yet as far as I have heard. The figure being touted is 20k/week... around 1 Million a year....in the TAM zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I hear correctly during the game broadcast that Manning was in Italy meeting with Gio's agent? Does this qualify as a rumor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
    Did I hear correctly during the game broadcast that Manning was in Italy meeting with Gio's agent? Does this qualify as a rumor?
    Apparently it’s a fact, so no. But you could create a rumor about why he is there..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bet is Seba wants to come back. Five games without a goal, the last on the bench. At 32? He wants out if that shit is going on.

Plus, we know from experience that he plays down when his mood is down. Five games in the Saudi league without a goal? The man's not crocked. He has to be mucho unhappy.

But you can bet Manning will be telling his agent, 'Look, this si why we couldn't offer more, he's 32... but if he can get his release from them or buyout, he can keep a chunk of that big contract, and we can still cut a TAM deal with a big back-end bonus. He keeps playing, comes back to Toronto where he's loved and the Saudis pick up most of the cost.

Manning might even be on the phone to the club to say, 'look, if you buy him out, you eat the whole thing. we'll pay as much as our TAM will allow and save you some money, and you pick up the rest.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    My bet is Seba wants to come back. Five games without a goal, the last on the bench. At 32? He wants out if that shit is going on.

Plus, we know from experience that he plays down when his mood is down. Five games in the Saudi league without a goal? The man's not crocked. He has to be mucho unhappy.

But you can bet Manning will be telling his agent, 'Look, this si why we couldn't offer more, he's 32... but if he can get his release from them or buyout, he can keep a chunk of that big contract, and we can still cut a TAM deal with a big back-end bonus. He keeps playing, comes back to Toronto where he's loved and the Saudis pick up most of the cost.

Manning might even be on the phone to the club to say, 'look, if you buy him out, you eat the whole thing. we'll pay as much as our TAM will allow and save you some money, and you pick up the rest.'
    He'd have to come back through the allocation process so as long as we have the top spot it's plausible (although extremely unlikely).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

MLS would block that move in a heartbeat., not a chance they would allow a potential league MVP just go make peanuts and have us circumvent their "cap".