Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a rumor but what about Giovani dos Santos? Released by LA Galaxy. The article I read said "he remains under contract in MLS and could move to a new MLS team"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Not a rumor but what about Giovani dos Santos? Released by LA Galaxy. The article I read said "he remains under contract in MLS and could move to a new MLS team"
    He's not even worth TAM. If that guy ends up on any MLS team then it has to be Orlando. They are basically us when we were the worst team in the world and that's a move we probably would have done back then.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bradley can't play higher up the pitch. He was doing that when he first came to TFC and he was shit. Where he played last game is where he is best used. He's not versitile enough to be pushed more forward or back.

We have to stop pushing that absurd idea. It's going to get annoying, fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Bradley can't play higher up the pitch. He was doing that when he first came to TFC and he was shit. Where he played last game is where he is best used. He's not versitile enough to be pushed more forward or back.

We have to stop pushing that absurd idea. It's going to get annoying, fast.
    Well he was also being pushed further up the pitch when Warren Crevalle was his double pivot. That won’t exactly help looking competent.

I think it’s possible for him to do the role but we need to be certain the defensive mid playing behind him is rock solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo official... will join TFC on March 18

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...nated-player/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One down two more TAM signing to go .... fingers crossed !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    Pozuelo official... will join TFC on March 18

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...nated-player/1
    That is great to hear. I really don't know much about him, but am excited to see what he brings to the Reds. Truth is Seba will forever be a great in TFC annals, but as we move on, I am excited to see what this team can do moving forward.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asked J.Kloke on twitter about the possibility of having 1 or 2 TAM wingers in by the home opener - his response.

I'm not optimistic on that front. Transfers take time, and only now with Pozuelo add do TFC have a clearer idea of how much they can spend, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The white smoke has risen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    asked J.Kloke on twitter about the possibility of having 1 or 2 TAM wingers in by the home opener - his response.

I'm not optimistic on that front. Transfers take time, and only now with Pozuelo add do TFC have a clearer idea of how much they can spend, etc.
    I don't know how many games i can take with Oso playing on the wing... like, WTF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be great to add TAM quality wingers to the mix asap, but the additions of Jozy and Pozuelo to the lineup in the near future should still have a huge impact on our offensive production.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 03-04-2019 at 12:35 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's Soolsma when you need him, for a couple months loan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see blowing two TAM spots on wingers. We need a second striker badly. Pozo replaces Victor Vazquez' role in the team - I expect with a significant upgrade over Victor in terms of fitness level.

We need to replace Seba - from a goal scoring perspective.

We are also one 35 year old away from a CB crisis. Moving VdW should free up some cash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I would sign a TAM winger immediately and then wait until the summer window to use the rest of our TAM. There's multiple spots where a second TAM player makes sense (CB, box-to-box midfielder or another winger) and I would rather take half the season to evaluate what we have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Personally I would sign a TAM winger immediately and then wait until the summer window to use the rest of our TAM. There's multiple spots where a second TAM player makes sense (CB, box-to-box midfielder or another winger) and I would rather take half the season to evaluate what we have.
    Me too. Also easier to dump VDW in the summer window and then we can get 2 more TAM players in the summer and fill out any pressing needs. One speedy TAM winger now will certainly help us out until then.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone even know how much TAM TFC is sitting on? Even approximately? I don't even know if TFC has the cap space to bring in 2 TAM players, let alone one. (Assuming TFC is stuck with VdW)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I can't see blowing two TAM spots on wingers. We need a second striker badly. Pozo replaces Victor Vazquez' role in the team - I expect with a significant upgrade over Victor in terms of fitness level.

We are also one 35 year old away from a CB crisis. Moving VdW should free up some cash.
    They should have money to get two wingers with TAM money and then get a CB with VDW salary when he is shipped out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Does anyone even know how much TAM TFC is sitting on? Even approximately? I don't even know if TFC has the cap space to bring in 2 TAM players, let alone one. (Assuming TFC is stuck with VdW)
    Minus VDW, we only have Osorio on TAM and not that much of it. We should have space for one or two depending on how much they cost and another when VDW is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    They should have the max TAM money left from VV, I believe they acquired some TAM and or GAM in the trade with Cincy as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    They should have the max TAM money left from VV, I believe they acquired some TAM and or GAM in the trade with Cincy as well.
    Yes that was $500K+. Forgot about that. So easily enough for 3 of them when VDW is gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Me too. Also easier to dump VDW in the summer window and then we can get 2 more TAM players in the summer and fill out any pressing needs. One speedy TAM winger now will certainly help us out until then.
    Does anyone know, with certitude, that VDW is going to leave the team? There are two sides to every squabble, and conciliatory measures sometimes pay off, with a hand shake, and a renewed stronger, relationship. I mean, other than third party innuendo, have we heard anything official from front office?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Does anyone know, with certitude, that VDW is going to leave the team? There are two sides to every squabble, and conciliatory measures sometimes pay off, with a hand shake, and a renewed stronger, relationship. I mean, other than third party innuendo, have we heard anything official from front office?
    No but first they were firm in their stance that he will never play for TFC again and more importantly, why would we want him? If he was playing RCB Saturday we would have lost that match. Beyond the attitude the main problem is that he is trash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Alejandro Pozuelo is a player we have been following since 2014" Greg Vanney

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    A corollary - can they send him to TFC2? It's pretty standard for teams in Europe to try to get players they don’t want to accept less by “humiliating” them by sending them to the reserves....
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Pass. He turns 36 this season.

They need to sign Franco fragapana, young left winger from Argentina. Could be had for free on a tam deal in June.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/franco...spieler/226005
    Honestly see this sort of deal happening. Especially a guy like this, checks a lot of boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post

We are no longer playing a 2 striker system. More likely we sign wingers or a winger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Kind of meaningless statement without visibility into how many others they were following, then and generally, how names get added and subtracted, and what “following” means.

The question of pipeline and conversion rate is a fascinating one.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    So much for the theory that this was a panic signing. Fast, but they've been watching him for years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But for sure they are or at least should be tracking multiple players at each position at all times because you never know in sports. At least by tracking certain players it means they are following ones who they see as being a good fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Minus VDW, we only have Osorio on TAM and not that much of it. We should have space for one or two depending on how much they cost and another when VDW is gone.
    Mavinga is also on TAM unless his contract has changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Mavinga is also on TAM unless his contract has changed.
    According to the stats in the "Banter" thread we had seven players above the max salary last year.
    I believe it was:
    Bradley
    Altidore
    Giovinco
    Vasquez
    Oso
    Mavinga
    Akexte