Page 14 of 118 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Signed Richie Laryea. Guess he showed something when on trial. Never saw much of him with Orlando.
    Larin transfer rumours intensify.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Transfer market has him as a defensive mid primarily.
    He was an AM in college and at Orlando. No idea where the transfermarkt thing is coming from.

I assume there is an element here of Kreis telling Manning that the kid showed promise.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Wow. Sorry but for me that's hardly a “dumbass on social media” type quote.

He was incredibly mopey online about VV and Seba leaving. He was very supportive to vdW online. He has definitely seemed to me to be unsettled, on Twitter.

He does not say things like the team is trying to move him “all the time”.

In the thread, a guy says, Chris, you are scaring me. He replies “I am scared myself”
    He was mopey about Armando Cooper leaving. Players write this uncertain future nonsense all the time — Mavinga definitely does. He posts stuff about his wife wanting to move back to France.

If he’s on the outs, it certainly sucks as Ciman has so far been a disaster, Moor is an injury away from retirement, and a backline of Nephew and Bradley or a bunch of defenders from a TFC2 team so young or bad that they were essentially relegated.

Or, he’s just posting pseudo-intellectual musings like French players always do on social media. At least it’s better than Evra/Aurier... Mavinga is a bit of a PR bonehead so I wouldn’t be too concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga just tweeted a happy birthday to Griezmann and that he's waiting for him in MLS. If we treat all his tweets equally seriously, I guess we prepare for high profile French striker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Mavinga just tweeted a happy birthday to Griezmann and that he's waiting for him in MLS. If we treat all his tweets equally seriously, I guess we prepare for high profile French striker?
    All i read there is that Griezmann is coming to TFC in the summer !!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    We do have an NBA team, a championship ring, and Drake played Fortnite with Ninja so it’s all but confirmed we’re getting Grizzou (and Neymar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was an AM in college and at Orlando. No idea where the transfermarkt thing is coming from.

I assume there is an element here of Kreis telling Manning that the kid showed promise.
    This was my impression as well. I think he’s bait to let Chapman know he has to work hard or others will be nipping at his heels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    He was mopey about Armando Cooper leaving.
    Cooper didn't tell Vanney in front of the entire team that he would/should be fired.

I'd like to know how many people have ever seen an employee insult his boss in public such that the employee immediately gets walked out of the building.... and then have another co-worker publicly support the fired employee on social media.

The discussion above is generally kind of amusing. There are bosses. There will be respect. Even in the world of football, where the employees clearly can do things the rest of us can't.

The fact that Chris always does stuff like this doesn't change the fact that he may have gone over a line, and there may be consequences
    Last edited by ensco; 03-21-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post

Serge is working on Pogba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper didn't tell Vanney in front of the entire team that he would/should be fired.

I'd like to know how many people have ever seen an employee insult his boss in public such that the employee immediately gets walked out of the building.... and then have another co-worker publicly support the fired employee on social media.

The discussion above is generally kind of amusing. There are bosses. There will be respect. Even in the world of football, where the employees clearly can do things the rest of us can't.

The fact that Chris always does stuff like this doesn't change the fact that he may have gone over a line, and there may be consequences
    Tsubasa did the same so until he and Mavinga get similar treatment let's not jump the gun on this narrative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the contemporary world of football, there are innumerable examples of teams where the players run the show, and even well-regarded managers get fired.

Mavinga’s a likeable guy, but he’s not the kind of guy who puts his nose to the grindstone, never saying anything, never living it up, etc. He’s not a career fuckup like Rabiot or a complete tool like Aurier, but his past isn’t a shining string of exemplary behaviour.

The fact that TFC lets their players run their own social media accounts considering how many players post mindbogglingly stupid things or have things brought up from their past just shows how little they probably care that a guy misses his friend (who happens to be an ass).

One of the other replies was another player he knows asking if everything was okay and Mavinga basically said no worries.

By this logic, Chapman’s instagram captions should see him shipped off to Thunder Bay considering how egregiously stupid they are.
    Last edited by stegosaurus; 03-21-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the contemporary world of football, there are innumerable examples of teams where the players run the show, and even well-regarded managers get fired.

Mavinga’s a likeable guy, but he’s not the kind of guy who puts his nose to the grindstone, never saying anything, never living it up, etc. He’s not a career fuckup like Rabiot or a complete tool like Aurier, but his past isn’t a shining string of exemplary behaviour.

The fact that TFC lets their players run their own social media accounts considering how many players post mindbogglingly stupid things or have things brought up from their past just shows how little they probably care that a guy misses his friend (who happens to be an ass).

One of the other replies was another player he knows asking if everything was okay and Mavinga basically said no worries.

By this logic, Chapman’s instagram captions should see him shipped off to Thunder Bay considering how egregiously stupid they are.
    What kinds of things does Chapman say on Instant Telegram?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Tsubasa did the same so until he and Mavinga get similar treatment let's not jump the gun on this narrative
    Did he? Wow.

OK that's something to consider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    What kinds of things does Chapman say on Instant Telegram?
    I’d banish him to the Shadow Realm for this one alone: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgrqQpZn...d=7ec53oi1cqjt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he? Wow.

OK that's something to consider.
    For something really mind-blowing:

Ciman liked VDW’s Instagram posts and then we signed him. Telfer liked it and he got loaned. Osorio liked Seba’s departing shots at the team.

It’s just Twitter and Instagram nonsense. Nothing to be concerned about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For something really mind-blowing:

Ciman liked VDW’s Instagram posts and then we signed him. Telfer liked it and he got loaned. Osorio liked Seba’s departing shots at the team.

It’s just Twitter and Instagram nonsense. Nothing to be concerned about.
    OK I concede this point. Mavinga is staying! Hallelujah!!

I am pretty active on social media, which I do understand, but I guess I don't understand people in their 20s any more.

I follow the NBA, similar thing I am seeing, seems like almost every superstar in the NBA is unhappy/grumpy on social media.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Laryea was not one of the 2-3 players they were looking to bring in as per Ali Curtis. If so that would be a little disappointing. Orlando cast off doesn't sound too appealing. They needed someone else to warm the bench I guess for depth with some other guys getting loaned out. We need a couple of player additions that will make more impact though. I am assuming they are still working on that part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I concede this point. Mavinga is staying! Hallelujah!!

I am pretty active on social media, which I do understand, but I guess I don't understand people in their 20s any more.

I follow the NBA, similar thing I am seeing, seems like almost every superstar in the NBA is unhappy/grumpy on social media.
    I think this locker room comradeship is grossly overrated. As I have stated previously, players from great teams, can sometimes despise one another, as well asthe coaching staff. It is rarely as insidious as people make it out to be, and, when everybody is on board, disliking each other can be as solidifying as the opposite, because it fosters competitiveness.
    If VDW can stay fit, and recapture his desire to win and excel, he would be the best defender on this team. It is not likely to happen, because Vanney is too arrogant and sensitive, but it should be an option considering he is collecting a fu**ing salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    If VDW can stay fit, and recapture his desire to win and excel, he would be the best defender on this team. It is not likely to happen, because Vanney is too arrogant and sensitive, but it should be an option considering he is collecting a fu**ing salary.
    I agree it's not likely to happen, but I think that's at least as much on VDW and his desire, as it is on Vanney. VDW has shown me nothing on or off the field to make me think he gives a shit about Toronto (or a 'winning culture').
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Never keep cancer around when you want to get some work done.", is one of my main HR go to statements.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time VDW was seriously committed to a team and showing a winning attitude was almost a decade ago with France. Of course he was hit & miss before that depending on his mood. Besides I saw no actual current proof in the one season sample size I witnessed that he is any better than Zavaleta. If his name was Peter Smith and we got him from Columbus or Chicago he would have been drummed out of here quicker than Ciman because he is far, far worse and he showed it consistently for a full season not just a handful of matches at the start of the campaign.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't get where the idea of "VDW in the locker room is a cancer" is coming from. Other than his blowout with Vanney in January, where is this coming from?

Was he committed and as much of a workhorse as Michael Bradley? No. And yes, he had falling outs with other clubs and didn't live up to his potential, but I don't see how that justifies completely shutting out a player of his quality. It also seems like quite a few players would welcome him back and he might have learned a hard lesson and could have a bounce back year. I'm definitely on the side of giving him another chance, you don't have much to lose

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    I still don't get where the idea of "VDW in the locker room is a cancer" is coming from. Other than his blowout with Vanney in January, where is this coming from?

Was he committed and as much of a workhorse as Michael Bradley? No. And yes, he had falling outs with other clubs and didn't live up to his potential, but I don't see how that justifies completely shutting out a player of his quality. It also seems like quite a few players would welcome him back and he might have learned a hard lesson and could have a bounce back year. I'm definitely on the side of giving him another chance, you don't have much to lose
    Except for the fact that he wasn't good. Forget the cancer, attitude, sitting down in the box when VWC scored, looking at the stands instead of watching the game in front of him, etc.

Bottom line, for $800K, he is shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d banish him to the Shadow Realm for this one alone: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgrqQpZn...d=7ec53oi1cqjt
    C'mon that's pretty good. It's not some sappy Mix Diskerud level nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    In other news: 300 pound man sues McDonald’s, blaming hamburger chain for his obesity.

Personal responsibility’s a real bitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Hopefully Laryea was not one of the 2-3 players they were looking to bring in as per Ali Curtis. If so that would be a little disappointing. Orlando cast off doesn't sound too appealing. They needed someone else to warm the bench I guess for depth with some other guys getting loaned out. We need a couple of player additions that will make more impact though. I am assuming they are still working on that part.
    I'm thinking he's just a replacement for bakero.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC signed a dud in VDW. I rate him less than Aketxe because he was out there being a sieve on the right side for a whole season. Aketxe never managed anything. It was almost like a failed trial. If I was Manning I would have been pretty pleased when VDW acted up because it gave TFC a valid reason to bench a TAM level player. I don't see them being worried about the $800K at the cost of challenging the goals against record we had last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    C'mon that's pretty good. It's not some sappy Mix Diskerud level nonsense.
    While both are cringe-inducing, posting comedy cemetery tier Fortnite memes is probably on a much lower rung of the cringe ladder than unintentionally hilarious poetry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I'm thinking he's just a replacement for bakero.
    They play different positions. Laryea is a depth or USLesque signing and at least doesn’t occupy an international slot.

He’s not really starting quality so I think this may be a favour signing more than anything else? He stuck around here for quite a bit...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

uggghh seriously people, some of you need a lesson in Social Interaction

If you are friends with someone at work, and that person has a negative relationship with your boss and is then fired, does that mean you also have that type of relationship with the boss? does that mean you will also be fired? If your relationship with your boss is actually on good terms, does that mean you should never talk to you friend again?

This is basic shit man.