Page 13 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Martinez has a decent chance of settling in. Now DeBoer on the other hand...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think Martinez has a decent chance of settling in. Now DeBoer on the other hand...
    Tidying up for you: DeBoer on the other hand, is f*cked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Cheap, domestic, does his best when called upon, never complains about minutes, and is a genuinely nice guy.

Morgan has been a faithful servant and deserves to retire here... plus he still performs at a pretty reasonable level for a backup despite having serious injury issues.

In other news: Pity Martinez has pulled an Aketxe, not happy in America and not adjusting. Just goes to show how much the Almiron scenario was an exception to the rule and not the norm.
    That’s a ...shame.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should we bring this guy in? He really gives you service, and pinpoint accuracy....

https://twitter.com/denis_shapo/stat...704506881?s=21
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read some cryptic tweets about mavinga leaving. Anyone hear anything about this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gcolacci View Post
    Just read some cryptic tweets about mavinga leaving. Anyone hear anything about this?
    Referring to this?

https://twitter.com/Chris_Mavinga/st...48420266385409

And this?

https://twitter.com/CultureSoccer/st...21312455192576

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga tweets like that all the time, it's nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Mavinga tweets like that all the time, it's nothing.
    French players tend to be the biggest dumbasses on social media, plus no French team would pay his wages anyway. Nothing to worry about.

Making Teal Bunbury look like Messi isn’t going to boost your transfer credentials at this point, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    French players tend to be the biggest dumbasses on social media, plus no French team would pay his wages anyway. Nothing to worry about.

Making Teal Bunbury look like Messi isn’t going to boost your transfer credentials at this point, lol.
    Doesn’t he make like 500 k lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting rid of Chris when he's legit the only long-term top level CB we have is too dumb. Won't happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Sorry but for me that's hardly a “dumbass on social media” type quote.

He was incredibly mopey online about VV and Seba leaving. He was very supportive to vdW online. He has definitely seemed to me to be unsettled, on Twitter.

He does not say things like the team is trying to move him “all the time”.

In the thread, a guy says, Chris, you are scaring me. He replies “I am scared myself”
    Last edited by ensco; 03-21-2019 at 06:24 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the substance of the matter - the back line hasn’t looked good, it's an urgent problem, and Ciman and Mavinga don’t look viable side by side to me. They play the same way. The idea that one may have to go is credible.

As to which one, I will trust Vanney to judge. I don’t think we should assume Mavinga should stay just because he is younger and he was here in 2017. Mavinga is one of many who hasn’t looked the same since CCL last year.

There are a ton of good international CBs in MLS, these slots are much easier to sort than, say, our winger need. It's the liquid end of the market. Remember when we moved O'Dea on a similar salary to a team in a war zone in Donetsk?

All that said, I'd probably vote for moving Ciman. But it’s a close call, and I really don’t know about the locker room or off field stuff with Mavinga, which may be an issue, based on social media.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-21-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my, I am a big fan of Chris Mavinga.
    Just gathering some wild guesses together.
    What if the summer transfer window is when TFC hope to use their allocation #1 pick on Matt Miazga? Guessing the NYRB background means he is of interest to Ali Curtis.
    What if TFC are trying to move vdW and finding that trade offers within the MLS are only working if vdW is packaged with Chris Mavinga?
    What if one of the TAM players close to being signed is a CB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“If I have to go I will go with my head up” sounds like something is definitely afoot.

He was really not himself on Sunday. But I still don’t get Freidel “he can’t run” comments. It’s not obvious that the surgery cost him his speed; it was more other things, possibly playing the man too tight or too loose that were why he got torched so often in the first half. Not speed.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    On the substance of the matter - the back line hasn’t looked good, it's an urgent problem, and Ciman and Mavinga don’t look viable side by side to me. They play the same way. The idea that one may have to go is credible.

As to which one, I will trust Vanney to judge. I don’t think we should assume Mavinga should stay just because he is younger and he was here in 2017. Mavinga is one of many who hasn’t looked the same since CCL last year.

There are a ton of good international CBs in MLS, these slots are much easier to sort than, say, our winger need. It's the liquid end of the market. Remember when we moved O'Dea on a similar salary to a team in a war zone in Donetsk?

All that said, I'd probably vote for moving Ciman. But it’s a close call, and I really don’t know about the locker room or off field stuff with Mavinga, which may be an issue, based on social media.
    He was injured for the majority of last season and only played 12 games, which was hardly enough to get any sort of rhythm going. When he was healthier in the previous season, he was our best defender. I'd let him play himself back into sharpness.

That said, if the relationship with the other players or staff has soured, then maybe a move is on the cards. Or maybe Mavinga, who has proven to be somewhat flighty and sensitive, heard or read a rumour. He's not irreplaceable, but he would definitely need to be replaced with someone of equal talent.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    He was injured for the majority of last season and only played 12 games, which was hardly enough to get any sort of rhythm going. When he was healthier in the previous season, he was our best defender. I'd let him play himself back into sharpness.

That said, if the relationship with the other players or staff has soured, then maybe a move is on the cards. Or maybe Mavinga, who has proven to be somewhat flighty and sensitive, heard or read a rumour. He's not irreplaceable, but he would definitely need to be replaced with someone of equal talent.
    This is my feeling too.

But I was very very surprised when Mavinga went on twitter to offer support for vdW. It's one thing to quietly call the guy and commisserate. but in public? That struck me as something Manning/Vanney might have a problem with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is my feeling too.

But I was very very surprised when Mavinga went on twitter to offer support for vdW. It's one thing to quietly call the guy and commisserate. but in public? That struck me as something Manning/Vanney might have a problem with.
    I had a problem with it too because it's obvious VDW was a floater and was disrespecting the team. If I was a player I'd be consistently pissed if I had to watch a team mate loaf around while getting paid almost $1M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

guys, we have zavelta.

nothing to worry about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been a big supporter of Mavinga but now I feel like he's become a problem both on the field and in the locker room, so if they have to move him, I won't be as shocked as I would have been.

This is too many players showing too much disrespect to a club that gave them a chance to ressurect their careers, and I really don't understand this whole 'bite the hand that feeds you' mentality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they bring in a Matt Miazga type then sure you can let go of Mavinga if hes a problem off the pitch but the guy is elite when healthy for a CB in MLS. Moor has maybe one year left in him and Ciman maybe 2 years? They need to bring in someone in there 20s to play CB even with Mavinga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I've been a big supporter of Mavinga but now I feel like he's become a problem both on the field and in the locker room, so if they have to move him, I won't be as shocked as I would have been.

This is too many players showing too much disrespect to a club that gave them a chance to ressurect their careers, and I really don't understand this whole 'bite the hand that feeds you' mentality.
    its an odd one because he almost always gives it his all out there but tells a different story off the field. In retrospect, its like giovinco.
    its clearly difficult to get guys to bleed red but Auro is example of one of the younger guys who bleeds red since he got here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would prefer to keep Mavinga but we don't know the locker room stuff. His social media stuff is definitely not good for anything really. Not sure how pro athletes can't figure out what is worthwhile to Tweet and what isn't.

Minus everything else Mavinga is an above average MLS defender because of athleticism. The reason he has to use the athleticism so often though is because he is out of position many, many times per match and that's been him since match #1. Obviously it hasn't been an issue because of his recovery speed but if and when he loses a step then he is done being above average and will become Zavaleta level.

Hopefully he just had too much wine and phone time the other night and can round back into form on the pitch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Ok with the tweets - the fact this isn't the first time, to me, is a good sign.

A good organization will already know what these tweets are or are not or it will realise what it all could be about. The object here is to succeed while keeping the player's well being in mind. If a few cryptic tweets is what is necessary for that, so be it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been in camp a while

DM backup

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signed Richie Laryea. Guess he showed something when on trial. Never saw much of him with Orlando.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voyageurs content to give Osorio a day off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure depth signing here, never really found his way with Orlando. Wonder how much opportunity he will get here? So after loaning out Telfer, Daniels and Bakero they bring him in. Wonder what he has to offer I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Been in camp a while

DM backup

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Pure depth signing here, never really found his way with Orlando. Wonder how much opportunity he will get here? So after loaning out Telfer, Daniels and Bakero they bring him in. Wonder what he has to offer I ask?
    He's a defensive midfielder, outside of Fraser they don't really have a backup DM. Okello will probably be sent to tfc2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was more offensive or box-to-box?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I thought he was more offensive or box-to-box?
    Transfer market has him as a defensive mid primarily.