Page 87 of 118 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 3511
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well I don’t think he will move (I see him as a lifetime TFC’er, either as a player or on staff) but I think we should be realistic about what he can offer the team at this stage.
    I see Morgan as a positive voice in the locker room, a link to our history, and an occasional player on the pitch to cover injuries or for the Canadian Championship. Is that worth $120k/year? Maybe. He's half the cost of Zavaleta. Obviously he's not likely going to be a regular starter, ever. We need better starters. Morgan is fine as occasional depth. I don't see management letting him go.

Zavaleta is likely to stay here unless Vanney goes. He's an OK depth defender for MLS. He won't get the same chance elsewhere to be a starter.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-10-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminder, this is a Giovinco-free zone. Seba discussion goes here:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-amp-Info-Here
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-10-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did a load of posts just get deleted?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    did a load of posts just get deleted?
    see my post above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Reminder, this is a Giovinco-free zone. Seba discussion goes here:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-amp-Info-Here

Yeah sorry about that .. figured it was still relevant to the current window in-season moves and speculation rumours .. Cheers

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-Fever View Post
    Yeah sorry about that .. figured it was still relevant to the current window in-season moves and speculation rumours .. Cheers
    Feel free to post in the Seba thread. This thread is being kept for rumours and news about other players,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick Martineau reporting that TFC is going to trade Jordan Hamilton to Columbus for Patrick Mullins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Nick Martineau reporting that TFC is going to trade Jordan Hamilton to Columbus for Patrick Mullins.
    Don't like it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mullins salary is 130K more then Hamilton. IMHO, Mullins is an upgrade on Boyd who we would have to move for this to work cap wise.

According to Wiki, CBus doesn't have an int slot open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't like it
    Yeah, Mullins is pretty bad so I’m not sure what the logic behind this trade is unless it’s being used to give us a bunch of money we can spend on bringing in someone (say TAM, etc.).

Hamilton at least has more potential upside than Mullins if it were just a 1:1 trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Mullins after he was drafted. He scored a thunderbastard against us back in the day for the Revs. He was also being looked at for a call up by Ireland but he's completely fallen off the cliff the last few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Mullins salary is 130K more then Hamilton. IMHO, Mullins is an upgrade on Boyd who we would have to move for this to work cap wise.

Hamilton would be a domestic there because hes a homegrown. Unless your talking about something different

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    Hamilton would be a domestic there because hes a homegrown. Unless your talking about something different
    He's homegrown for TFC, but an International for Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

hamilton is a homegrown.so i think he doesnt count has a import.i dont understand this move...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the new rule in mls is homegrowns dont count has imports in the us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    Rule changed last year, the same rule made Quillan Roberts a domestic on the LAFC roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rule changed as part of that GA Canada thing a few years back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    He's homegrown for TFC, but an International for Columbus.
    I believe they changed the home grown rule, just waiting on confirmation.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the move if true. Mullins did have a decent run of 10+ goals a season going until the past couple years but got a lot less minutes in Columbus. Best is that Mullins would be a decent Jozy back up and hopefully it would mean we can waive Boyd.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-10-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems like a really stupid trade. We’d be adding salary for about the same output.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I like the move if true. Mullins did have a decent run of 10+ goals a season going until the past couple years but got a lot less minutes in Columbus. Mullins has hit double digits more than once so he has proven he can do it in MLS and I don't see Hamilton getting to the double digit level. He just doesn't have the work ethic. Even better is that Mullins would be a decent Jozy back up and hopefully it would mean we can waive Boyd.
    He’d have to find some of his prior form, as he’s been pretty bad even without being given a lot of minutes. Otherwise I don’t see the upside of a more expensive, older backup who really hasn’t performed in recent memory.

I don’t see Hamilton becoming that much better than he is now, but at least he’s cheap and would stay cheap to play at home...

It’s really just throwing the dice, especially if we end up spending more on Mullins and get nothing useful in return.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    This seems like a really stupid trade. We’d be adding salary for about the same output.
    Another data point for evaluating Curtis, if this indeed is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Unless the crew are retaining salary or sending GAM to balance the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless the crew are retaining salary or sending GAM to balance the difference.
    Yeah fair enough. Seems a strange trade from their point of view too if that were the case though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not worried about the money part...its only a extra 60 k for the rest of the year..not sure if he has a contract next season.the club has a bunch of strikers on the farm,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bear in mind, if this Giovinco to return rumor is true and if we dump Boyd as we should then we would have Jozy, Giovinco, Mullins, and Akinola as a foward unit. That's more than enough.

At some point, the FO should look to help Hamilton's career because he'd rot here behind those guys. If another MLS shot came up like this then we should help him out and give him a chance. Also Columbus can't score at all and it makes sense for them.

For us, I would take Mullins over Boyd and that's what it shakes down to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A backup forward from the league's worst attack? At potentially a higher cap hit? Yikes, Bez is trying to do us dirty. At least Hamilton has something that could almost be seen as potential. Maybe Curtis wants a striker that profiles somewhere in between Hamilton and Boyd so he can offload both of them?

To touch on the center-mids again, I'd personally keep Delgado over DeLeon. Marky has box-to-box qualities that the rest lack. Not sure what DeLeon provides at CM besides the versatility to play somewhere else. That said, Chapman would probably be my pick to move.
    Last edited by Bobo; 07-10-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    I've always liked Mullins, sad to JHams go but he needs to play and Vanney clearly won't give him the minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I want no part of DeLeon centrally. He runs around like a headless chicken. On the flank his positional responsibilities are clearer so he gets in less trouble.

Re: the Hamilton move. I’m not sure how to take this. Could be nothing more than a couple of low-rent guys in need of new scenery. Or it could be a signal of Vanney’s desire for steady veterans vs. prospects that are getting long in the tooth. Or Mullins might be a rental before we promote someone else from the academy next year.

Anyway, not losing any sleep and probably good for Hamilton to get a chance to play elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    A backup forward from the league's worst attack? At potentially a higher cap hit? Yikes, Bez is trying to do us dirty. At least Hamilton has something that could almost be seen as potential. Maybe Curtis wants a striker that profiles somewhere in between Hamilton and Boyd so he can offload both of them?

To touch on the center-mids again, I'd personally keep Delgado over DeLeon. Marky has box-to-box qualities that the rest lack. Not sure what DeLeon provides at CM besides the versatility to play somewhere else. That said, Chapman would probably be my pick to move.
    I think Chapman is in the same boat as Hamilton. Relatively cheap, local, of limited skill, young-esque but will likely never improve past this point.

Chapman really serves little purpose, especially in a 4-3-3. He’s poor defensively, far too weak and timid (unless he’s doing it for the ‘gram) and Pozo and new contract Osorio are ahead of him playing in an attacking midfield role.

May as well put a younger local kid in that role if we need to get rid of a midfielder.