Page 47 of 118 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s a bunch of road games coming up right?

I would go 3 at the back

Westburg

——Ciman-Omar-Mavinga
    Auro-Bradley-Osorio-Morrow
    ———-Pozuelo————
    ——Jozy——Akinola

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote from Curtis

Tenorio notes that Gonzalez and Toronto are still in talks over salary and other contract details, and his signing could well require the use of Targeted Allocation Money.
    "We’re in talks with a few select players. We have the No. 1 allocation ranking, so if MLS reaches agreement with Atlas, we would have the conversation," TFC GM Ali Curtis told MLSsoccer.com when asked about The Athletic's report. "Don’t like to comment publicly on players that are under contract. With that said, he’s been a champion in every place he’s been, so he’s interesting. [Primary transfer] window closes on Tuesday, so if anything were to get done, it would need to happen quickly."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    At this point I consider Moor done, hes missed like 90% of the games the past two seasons.
    Yeah he might just be done. He was injured healing from his other injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Ciman was really supposed to solve our CB problems, so it’s a bit disconcerting to see us spending more money and our allocation spot on this position. Hopefully it works this time.
    I agree with this. But at least they have realized the error quickly. Unlike, for example, the constant moving out of speed and pace and width from the team. Hasler for Bakero was criminal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah he might just be done. He was injured healing from his other injury.
    They way they are talking ...

The smiling assassin is probably my favourite player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Moor, however if a Gonzalez deal happens it would appear to be in our best interest to get his salary off the books one way or another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I agree with this. But at least they have realized the error quickly. Unlike, for example, the constant moving out of speed and pace and width from the team. Hasler for Bakero was criminal.
    Ciman wasn’t going to solve our defensive problems and they’ve been on the hunt for a CB for a while.

One or two fast players don’t really benefit the style of football Vanney wants to play, and for regular players you end up sacrificing pace for ability and vice versa. If someone is fast and good on the ball they aren’t playing in MLS, in general, unless they’re waiting for a transfer elsewhere.

Buy Bradley down and sign Di Maria or Draxler from PSG... both are on the way out for different reasons, probably, and can play midfield or winger. Draxler is probably not at the right point, but Di Maria is getting up there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    They way they are talking ...

The smiling assassin is probably my favourite player.
    Yeah he’s class. Would be a shitty way to end a great career too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Mexico to see Omar play, France to see a winger? There's a few guys who will be free agents. Jimmy durmaz would be a decent fit from Ligue 1. There's some younger guys from Ligue 2 like opa nguette.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, at this point, just show us, don't tell us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the France thing is a misdirection. The players on the allocation list they would want to scout are in Germany or maybe Belgium.

I still think Najar is a real possibility
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have pretty deep roots with France though. You fish where you know the fish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think the France thing is a misdirection. The players on the allocation list they would want to scout are in Germany or maybe Belgium.

I still think Najar is a real possibility
    They are using the allocation spot on Omar Gonzalez. I'm assuming they want a winger from Ligue 1 or 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    They are using the allocation spot on Omar Gonzalez.
    Maybe. Maybe not. That business about the "three sources" caught my eye. You don't see that particular reference in these kinds of stories often.

Someone wants everyone to know.

Manning and Curtis could be negotiating with someone else, and drop the Gonzalez story just to get that person's attention. Gonzalez' agent may just be putting this out to get an auction going (like Seba's agent did). Or TFC may actually just be signing Gonzalez.

Best not to assume things.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. Maybe not. That business about the "three sources" caught my eye. You don't see that particular reference in these kinds of stories often.

Manning and Curtis could be negotiating with someone else, and drop the Gonzalez story just to get that person's attention. Gonzalez' agent may just be putting this out to get an auction going (like Seba's agent did). Or TFC may actually just be signing Gonzalez.

What if they have plans to bring in another CB before CCL 2020 (I just assume we will win Canadian championship at this point) and Omar is squad rotation for 20 MLS games and Canadian ship etc

New CB - 800 k
    Mavinga - 500 k
    Gonzalez 487 k

Is it possible we get him that cheap?

With the understanding Ciman/Moor will be gone
    Last edited by Defoe; 05-02-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite perceptive, Ensco, as usual. But I still think Omar and Janson by the 7th. The summer is another, different story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omar Gonzalez was rumored to be coming back to MLS per MSG Networks at the start of April.

Matt Doyle has been linking him to TFC for a cpl weeks.

Tenorio says he's in negotiations with TFC.

Bohem gets Curtis on the record about him. Makes it clear its about Atlas giving him up for free three months ahead of his contract expiry.

This isnt misdirection Ensco, it's happening.

Dunno if it's a good deal but he's a good looking lad with a fantastic head of hair. Need more of that around here.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 05-02-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Quite perceptive, Ensco, as usual. But I still think Omar and Janson by the 7th. The summer is another, different story.
    Yeah this feels about right to me too. Give or take a piece

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder if janson is the guy they are looking at..vanney did say today that they are looking at a wide guy to get behind the lines,janson doesnt really fit that bill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really do miss what Cheyrou brought to this team...his contribution in that championship year is always overlooked.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-mls-1-4920141

Hearts’ third-choice goalkeeper Kevin Silva has joined MLS side Toronto FC on a three-month loan deal.

The 21-year-old goalkeeper, who joined the Tynecastle outfit last season on a two-year deal from Rutger Scarlet Knights, has yet to play competitively for the first team.
    He spent a period of time on loan at Raith Rovers earlier in the campaign.

Silva has mainly been involved in the Hearts reserve team, interchanging with fellow youth ‘keeper Kelby Mason.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-mls-1-4920141

Hearts’ third-choice goalkeeper Kevin Silva has joined MLS side Toronto FC on a three-month loan deal.

The 21-year-old goalkeeper, who joined the Tynecastle outfit last season on a two-year deal from Rutger Scarlet Knights, has yet to play competitively for the first team.

Silva has mainly been involved in the Hearts reserve team, interchanging with fellow youth ‘keeper Kelby Mason.
    Maybe The Douces? Or are we getting rid of one of our current keepers? I don't see us rolling 3 gks

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Huyton;1897541]https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-mls-1-4920141

Silva has mainly been involved in the Hearts reserve team, interchanging with fellow youth ‘keeper Kelby Mason.[/QUOTE

American shot-stopper Kevin penned a two-year deal at Tynecastle this summer(2018), following a successful trial period at the club.

The 20-year-old arrived at Hearts at the start of pre-season and featured in friendly matches against Arbroath, Partick Thistle, Queen of the South and Forfar Athletic.
    Silva arrives from the US College system, last playing for Rutgers Scarlet Knights at the University of New Jersey. Before that, he had spells on loan on the US East Coast with the UCLA Bruins and FC Golden State Force.
    He also had a loan spell at the wonderfully named New England Tea Men. In his fledgling career, he's already represented the USMNT - US Men's National Team - at under-15, under-17, and under-19 levels.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post

He also had a loan spell at the wonderfully named New England Tea Men.
    Pretty sure this is a bug from the Transfermarket website. The New England Tea Men haven't existed since 1980. I used to follow them & watched them play a couple of times in Foxborough back then. Transfermarket only lists two players in total for the club. Somebody must have messed up there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Pretty sure this is a bug from the Transfermarket website. The New England Tea Men haven't existed since 1980. I used to follow them & watched them play a couple of times in Foxborough back then. Transfermarket only lists two players in total for the club. Somebody must have messed up there.
    I saw the Blizzard play the Jacksonville Tea Men once (just looked it up, the NE team moved, I had forgotten). They had a forward named Alan Green , who was the nifty ruffian type that you get from England ( Dichio cut from this cloth). Green would clip the heels of defenders behind the play, just to bug them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Omar Gonzalez was rumored to be coming back to MLS per MSG Networks at the start of April.

Matt Doyle has been linking him to TFC for a cpl weeks.

Tenorio says he's in negotiations with TFC.

Bohem gets Curtis on the record about him. Makes it clear its about Atlas giving him up for free three months ahead of his contract expiry.

This isnt misdirection Ensco, it's happening.

Dunno if it's a good deal but he's a good looking lad with a fantastic head of hair. Need more of that around here.
    You could be right.

But not because Doyle and Tenorio both have it. I see all those US MLS guys as kind of one voice. It's kind of an echo chamber down there, and they are all probably just talking to Gonzalez or his agent.

Curtis is a data point. But I would say we have learned not to be too literal in reading him.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-03-2019 at 08:01 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Could be, but I should have mentioned that the information about "American shot-stopper Kevin penned a two-year deal at Tynecastle this summer(2018), following a successful trial period at the club."is a direct quote from Heart's website (including the phrase about the wonderfully named New England Tea Men). So, if it's a mistake from Transfermarket, then Heart's press office did not check with the player before publishing his Bio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be right.

But not because Doyle and Tenorio both have it. I see all those US MLS guys as kind of one voice. It's kind of an echo chamber down there, and they are all probably just talking to Gonzalez or his agent.

Curtis is an honourable fellow I am sure. But he just isn't able to talk openly about stuff like this. Nobody is.
    I find it very interesting that the team will have now acquired two elite defenders, if this goes through, at a time it kept saying it was looking for wingers so we could play 4-3-3. That formation is clearly out the window, and if Gonzalez comes, there might well be another shoe to drop - Moor retirement (quite possible); Mavinga transfer (he has seemed very unsettled) - are two that seem possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I find it very interesting that the team will have now acquired two elite defenders, if this goes through, at a time it kept saying it was looking for wingers so we could play 4-3-3. That formation is clearly out the window, and if Gonzalez comes, there might well be another shoe to drop - Moor retirement (quite possible); Mavinga transfer (he has seemed very unsettled) - are two that seem possible.
    Moor's situation is starting to feel a bit like Caldwell. I hope not.