Page 22 of 118 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    So theoretically...if we wanted the player we could just take him once he signs his contract with MLS? I wonder if that's what we've threatened we'll do. Doubtfull, as it would likely hurt our ability to grab the 2 TAM players we want. But maybe Orlando or colorado has done that.

Oh MLS...
    Yes that is correct. And that’s the same for all 10 teams ahead of LA in the allocation order. I don’t know anything about this guy other than he is a defender so who knows maybe we would have some interest in him but I’m guessing we are more inclined to be interested in the estimated 400k in allocation money he is worth or a trade for a Galaxy player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the Galaxy have any decent defenders that could help us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Yes that is correct. And that’s the same for all 10 teams ahead of LA in the allocation order. I don’t know anything about this guy other than he is a defender so who knows maybe we would have some interest in him but I’m guessing we are more inclined to be interested in the estimated 400k in allocation money he is worth or a trade for a Galaxy player
    Because of our deal with cinci we have to give half of any $ to them if we trade it. I imagine for us its a player. I'd take Boateng or Lletget (although hes a right side player)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I know if we trade our spot in the allocation order for TAM/GAM/whatever Garber bucks we have to split with Cincinnati - does anyone know how that would work if we traded it for a player?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Does the Galaxy have any decent defenders that could help us?
    They're a worse defensive team then we are hence the desire to sign a CB on their part

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Affiliation with Reus in Spain to come perhaps

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...liciacion.html

Translation
    It seems that Clifton Onolfo continues working on the future of CF Reus , despite all the problems that are being found, the bankruptcy and payrolls pending to the workers.
    As reported by Reusdigital.cat Onolfo would have reached an agreement with Toronto FC , a team that works in the MLS, for young footballers to land in Reus to join the squad. It would be, then, an agreement similar to that maintained by Girona and Manchester City . Before, but, Onolfomust turn the situation around.
    The red and black set is in bankruptcy and its current leaders are unable to perform any management. To this we must add that the Reus is still waiting for the final ruling of the Administrative Court of Sports and the non-payment of workers and players of the subsidiary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just sign him and play 3 at the back all season. One of moor or Mavinga will probably get hurt at some point this year, do we want to see Zavaleta? HEll NO. Rotate Mavinga, Moor, Ciman and Giancarlo to keep them fresh, the mls season is more condensed now so depth is key. Also Auro and Morrow I like up the field a little more as wingbacks.

TFC should have room for 3 TAM level players with VDW, VV, Jansen and Ager gone, plus the league added more TAM money.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Because of our deal with cinci we have to give half of any $ to them if we trade it. I imagine for us its a player. I'd take Boateng or Lletget (although hes a right side player)
    If we take a player in exchange for the allocation spot, to have to give one of his arms and legs to Cinci?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I would just sign him and play 3 at the back all season. One of moor or Mavinga will probably get hurt at some point this year, do we want to see Zavaleta? HEll NO. Rotate Mavinga, Moor, Ciman and Giancarlo to keep them fresh, the mls season is more condensed now so depth is key. Also Auro and Morrow I like up the field a little more as wingbacks.

TFC should have room for 3 TAM level players with VDW, VV, Jansen and Ager gone, plus the league added more TAM money.
    The problem with any player good enough that multiple teams want him, and that comes in via the allocation list: that player likely doesn't want to go just anywhere in MLS. Any deal is likely contingent on him going to LA (or whoever is negotiating with him).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The man was part of 2017 & belongs here. His distraught face in Mexico is us all.
    So much this. I'm just happy we were able to give him a proper send off last year when Chicago came to town. He's definitely still tight with the guys as he went out for dinner after the game with a bunch of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    So I know if we trade our spot in the allocation order for TAM/GAM/whatever Garber bucks we have to split with Cincinnati - does anyone know how that would work if we traded it for a player?
    I think if we trade the allocation spot, it's we give them back half of what they gave us for Hagglund, not half of what we receive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could we loophole the allocation order? Since we have to give half to Cincinnati if we trade the spot, if LA trades up to #2, could we make another trade ie player for player with a wink wink deal that we will decline to sign Gonzalez with the #1 spot so he falls to #2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Could we loophole the allocation order? Since we have to give half to Cincinnati if we trade the spot, if LA trades up to #2, could we make another trade ie player for player with a wink wink deal that we will decline to sign Gonzalez with the #1 spot so he falls to #2?
    It’s MLS and LAG. If they want to work up a loophole they will.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA trades up to #2 and then we swap spots with them for the amount we would have to give Cinci for trading the top selection plus a few more phony bucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the TAM winger front:

Report: Toronto FC have been linked to Zaragoza’s James Igbekeme

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ We might have seen the same report which I believe also indicates the transfer fee may be too rich for TFC's liking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    On the TAM winger front:

Report: Toronto FC have been linked to Zaragoza’s James Igbekeme
    Fake imo the article mentioned a 10 million dollar price to buy him, he's worth less than 1 mill. He's also not a winger according to transfermarkt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 points and our main striker is not even 100% yet, and we haven't even seen our new star in Pozuelo yet. On top of that we have plenty of TAM money and will see more reinforcements. I'm feeling pretty good about the situation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    6 points and our main striker is not even 100% yet, and we haven't even seen our new star in Pozuelo yet. On top of that we have plenty of TAM money and will see more reinforcements. I'm feeling pretty good about the situation.
    I agree. Things could be a lot worse. Waiting to see their form against some good teams (Philly and New Eng were horrible).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did some PM scouting..he does play a lot of left wing and cm.manning did say they are looking at a player in euro.and are waiting for the season to end.his club has about 3 or 4 games left and they are fighting to stay up in the 2nd div.10 mil is a joke,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    ^^ We might have seen the same report which I believe also indicates the transfer fee may be too rich for TFC's liking.
    Yep. Think this is recycled. Also not clear why we’d be going after a luxury version of Delgado or what is essentially a Bradley replacement.

Do not believe he is a winger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larin to Whitecaps is apparently legit so add them to the teams needing our #1 allocation spot.

Bidding war time. But they're cheap so probably not actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yep. Think this is recycled. Also not clear why we’d be going after a luxury version of Delgado or what is essentially a Bradley replacement.

Do not believe he is a winger.
    FWIW he’s played at LW and in the midfield during his career.

Don’t believe it either, was just posting the “roomers.”

That said, if Zaragoza are currently a dumpster fire and end up going down they can probably get him for next to nothing. Better than playing Morrow at LW in a 4-3-3 I guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Larin to Whitecaps is apparently legit so add them to the teams needing our #1 allocation spot.

4-D chess from the FO. #1 allocation spot battle from LA and Vancouver, remind Larin that his best bud got picked up by TFC...

Genius.
    Last edited by stegosaurus; 03-29-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

It was denied on TSN radio last night by the assistant coach. Also he doesn't really fit Dos Santos style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit late to this one, but I would love if signed Hasler again. A great utility guy that wore his heart on his sleeve.

A classy guy too. He came to the South End at the end of the Chicago game last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if we trade the allocation spot, it's we give them back half of what they gave us for Hagglund, not half of what we receive.
    No the article on cincys website at the time of the trase said we split 50 percent of the monetary value TFC receives for selling the #1 spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    It was denied on TSN radio last night by the assistant coach. Also he doesn't really fit Dos Santos style.
    Some Twitter folks who seem to be 'in the know' say that it has legs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed this earlier in the pre-game hype. Little tidbit from KJ:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After last night's game... Based on how we were setup. We need to move Delgado to the bench, Osorio back into the middle, and find a TAM esque winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I missed this earlier in the pre-game hype. Little tidbit from KJ:

In Curtis we trust?