Page 89 of 118 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beezer is confirming it:

#TFCLive
    GM Ali Curtis has confirmed to the Toronto Sun that Jordan Hamilton has been traded to the #ColumbusCrew for Patrick Mullins and will be in T.O. on Thurs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Beezer is confirming it:

#TFCLive
    GM Ali Curtis has confirmed to the Toronto Sun that Jordan Hamilton has been traded to the #ColumbusCrew for Patrick Mullins and will be in T.O. on Thurs

Terrible trade. I think we will come to regret it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I really disagree. He's had 2500~ MLS minutes in his career and has 11 goals and 3 assists playing a lot of those minutes only when Jozy's been out. 2500 minutes is around what a regular starter in MLS will play over the course of the season and 11 goals in that period would usually make you a decent starting striker in this league. Hamilton's not perfect but he can be a decent striker in this league, especially in the right environment where he's not just a placeholder in the line-up when Jozy's inevitably injured, suspended or on international duty. There's an argument out there that says he should have played a lot more than he has.
    He's underrated, undervalued and badly coached. Bez is stealing him knowing he's going to get attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    This seems like a really stupid trade. We’d be adding salary for about the same output.
    And Hamilton is 22. With someone actually concentrating on shaving some problems off his movement and work rate off the ball, he can still be a very productive striker in this league. Mullins is crocked. Idiotic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I’m just curious how we banish Boyd to the shadow realm. He has a contract doesn’t he? Aren’t we stuck with him for the year? Or are people talking buy out? Which doesn’t seem to make sense for his low contract.
    I don't necessarily mean move him, though I'd be fine with that of course, I just mean he shouldn't play another minute this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably best for Hamilton to get a second chance. He needed a change of scenery. Getting released and re-signed didn't wake him up.

For his sake (and Canada's sake) I hope Hamilton pulls a Kaye and get his act together to have a good career.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's underrated, undervalued and badly coached. Bez is stealing him knowing he's going to get attention.
    Inclined to agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's more that he can't play in Vanney's system. He's too static.

So, whatever. But I don't know anything about this Mullins guy. What can he do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I think it's more that he can't play in Vanney's system. He's too static.

So, whatever. But I don't know anything about this Mullins guy. What can he do?
    He’s been benched by a draft pick while Zardes has been on USMNT duty. So, there’s that...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Mullins' contract expires this year. It'd better. Otherwise he is on way too much.

Mullins ceiling is ... what he was three years ago. He is purely a depth rental, and not much of one.

For this to work out for TFC, Hamilton has to be a CPL player next year.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per the Columbus Dispatch

Because Hamilton is a homegrown player and meets specific requirements, he will not occupy an international roster slot despite being Canadian, per MLS roster rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trading Hamilton was bad. And we keep bafoon Boyd for what reason. Vanney didn't like Hamilton. That piece of shit coach...hopefully shown the door soon. Really really bad trade for what we got in return. Just stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Trading Hamilton was bad. And we keep bafoon Boyd for what reason. Vanney didn't like Hamilton. That piece of shit coach...hopefully shown the door soon. Really really bad trade for what we got in return. Just stupidity.
    I'm not going to go as far as insulting the man, but I don't think he likes Canadian players. There is a cultural difference in how we express ourselves, and I'm not sure he gets that. Telfer should still be with the first team, playing regularly. I'm glad we're seeing the kid as a result, but I wonder if that's because he was the U.S. prep school player of the year. Certainly, as good as he looked in preseason, I was surprised he wasn't i n earlier.

Like Ricketts, Hamilton has a good strike rate for how much he plays. Rickets had 13 goals for us coming off the bench including multiple game winners. He cost nothing. We've had no one up front this year....

I dunno, just seems like a pattern. I can't believe they're all shit and that only Vanney sees it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

> So, whatever. But I don't know anything about this Mullins guy. What can he do?

Inside out winger, basically. Good shot and good nose for goal, but his knees are shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

> So, whatever. But I don't know anything about this Mullins guy. What can he do?

Inside out winger, basically. Good shot and good nose for goal, but his knees are shot.
    Maybe the Italian trainer guy can fix him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This trade feels like something that at best is neutral, at worst a significant loss for us. And we gave up an international spot for it?

Hamilton has a solid goal return despite limited, inconsistent minutes and playing a role (lone striker) that blatantly doesn't suit him. My bet is we come to regret this
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 07-10-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to go as far as insulting the man, but I don't think he likes Canadian players. There is a cultural difference in how we express ourselves, and I'm not sure he gets that. Telfer should still be with the first team, playing regularly. I'm glad we're seeing the kid as a result, but I wonder if that's because he was the U.S. prep school player of the year. Certainly, as good as he looked in preseason, I was surprised he wasn't i n earlier.

Like Ricketts, Hamilton has a good strike rate for how much he plays. Rickets had 13 goals for us coming off the bench including multiple game winners. He cost nothing. We've had no one up front this year....

I dunno, just seems like a pattern. I can't believe they're all shit and that only Vanney sees it.
    I think the Canadian theory is a little weak. He gave Hamilton lots of opportunities, and It ignores Laryea and Fraser lately.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I don't know anything about this Mullins guy. What can he do?
    He scored a nice stoppage time goal last week that was taken away by a shifty VAR call so he'll fit right in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get the feelings about Hamilton being good. What are people watching? He got a few, very few, goals in his years here and other than popping up here or there for a goal (only) when used as a sub, he is mostly invisible for 90 minutes a match. When we sent him down to TFC2 last year did anyone watch? I did and he was far from great there. I get that he is a hometown guy and hometown guys can do no wrong (except Osorio apparently) but Hamilton is barely MLS quality. I expect him to be either pine riding in Columbus or bus riding to the CPL soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Hamilton has a solid goal return despite limited, inconsistent minutes and playing a role (lone striker) that blatantly doesn't suit him. My bet is we come to regret this
    He was in a 2 striker set up for years prior to 2019 and managed almost nothing other than getting chewed out by Seba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone watch telfer dominate vs the impact tonight? 1 amazing goal and an assist off a corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He scored a nice stoppage time goal last week that was taken away by a shifty VAR call so he'll fit right in.
    This made me chuckle. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Did anyone watch telfer dominate vs the impact tonight? 1 amazing goal and an assist off a corner.
    He should be on TFC but this experience might be good for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boyd will never score a goal in a TFC uniform unless it's an own goal. He's already proven he can prevent goals. 200K well spent. Hamilton has goals for us this year. Which was the better move? Keeping Boyd? Never. Columbus robbed us here. And yes, Vanney hates Canadians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats how I feel too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sad to see Hamilton go. Boyd should have gone out the door first but he is completely worthless right now. Hamilton this year has 14 appearances, 723 minutes, 4 goals, 23 shots, with 12 being on target. Boyd has 11 appearances, 339 minutes, 0 goals, 4 shots with 2 being on target. Boyd is so shit he only hits the net every 169.5 minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Vanney has a thing against Canadians so much that the latest Canadian phenom forced the team to change its mind about which TAM player to be in & another academy product played so well, Vanney's going to have to figure out how to keep the team captain & best DM the US has ever created involved next season.

If you are good in training, you get a shot.

If you are good in that shot, you get more chances.

If you are bad in that shot but still good in training, you keep getting chances until its obvious you ain't gonna work out.

Boyd's reached the obvious stage which is why they brought in Mullins.

The rumours about Hamilton were always about him in training.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, people havn't seemed to notice this part of the deal

Crew also getting right of first refusal on unnamed international.
    I suspect Janson might be going to Columbus. Shaffleberg has really changed this transfer season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He was in a 2 striker set up for years prior to 2019 and managed almost nothing other than getting chewed out by Seba.
    He consistently scored goals, as Portu pointed out he's always maintained a healthy goals to minutes played. That isn't almost nothing and is alot more than Mullins has done the past two years

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    He consistently scored goals, as Portu pointed out he's always maintained a healthy goals to minutes played. That isn't almost nothing and is alot more than Mullins has done the past two years
    One in five isn't great and there's more to his position that just that. Off the bench was all he was good for. That was very well proven. He generally managed next to nothing in most matches. His hold up play is weak, he doesn't move enough to work in our system, and he isn't strong in the air. Go rewatch his goals. Most are opportunistic and generally caused by defender/GK errors or he happened to be standing in the right place at the right time.