Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
This guy won't last long here.

“To be frank, I did not have an enormous amount of opportunities aside from it in recent days. The idea from the beginning was not too move far away, but when my agent spoke to me about the MLS, not long ago at all, I told myself that it was a good opportunity. I am going to discover another culture, another way of living football. And also, I speak a fair amount of English already so I hope to integrate quickly.”
Got no issue with this, actually really like it. Why do we insist on living in this fantasy world where people tell us they always wanted to play for TFC and even though we know it's a lie we lap it up?

I'd much rather athletes be honest, and not be vilified for being honest, rather than hear the monotonous pre coached nonsense in each interview. He is here because he hasn't got equivalent, preferred options in Europe, that is obvious, why not say it? There's no disrespect there and it sounds like he's focusing on the positives, but if Monaco wanted to sign him he wouldn't have returned our call - we don't need to delude ourselves otherwise. That goes for every other player we've ever signed from Europe, including the DPs, no matter what they may tell us.