Page 88 of 118 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 3511
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I've always liked Mullins, sad to JHams go but he needs to play and Vanney clearly won't give him the minutes
    Vanney gave him minutes, but he literally didnt do much with them, unfortunately. The only crap thing is the minutes were as a lone striker which he cant adapt to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Vanney gave him minutes, but he literally didnt do much with them, unfortunately. The only crap thing is the minutes were as a lone striker which he cant adapt to.
    He is too lazy to be a lone striker. He is just a below average poacher ATM. He could get to maybe average level with more commitment and understanding on where and when to run but he's been here long enough and got to see how it should be done since Jozy's been here and he never got it.

As I said before, if he was American like Boyd he would have been run out of town long ago. He just gets undeserved positivity because of his nationality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He is too lazy to be a lone striker. He is just a below average poacher ATM. He could get to maybe average level with more commitment and understanding on where and when to run but he's been here long enough and got to see how it should be done since Jozy's been here and he never got it.

As I said before, if he was American like Boyd he would have been run out of town long ago. He just gets undeserved positivity because of his nationality.
    5 goals in 15 games isn’t too bad as a backup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Because you’d first need someone interested in the trade, get the right value, etc. Thinking the goal is actually located on an airstrip at Billy Bishop isn’t really a good reason to trade him when he offers other things and provides some versatility.

Boyd makes just about the same salary as Delgado, but if Vanney intends to play with wingers we don’t need 3 backup strikers. Bono going would also be a more impactful trade as well.
    you had to bring up Boyd!! lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post

4 in 14 this year but he is basically a 1 in 5 guy who is often invisible for long stretches. The thing here is that we are using one forward. Generally teams would start 2 forwards and the third option off the bench would be the drop off. Our drop off is big after Jozy and Hamilton has proven, even with his 4 in 14, that he can't lock down anything other than spot duty and he has had 5 years to do it. If we're having Jozy and then the bench then that second option has to be good. Is Mullins good enough? I say no but he is better than Boyd for sure and I'd rather roll the dice with him than get what I know we're going to get with Hamilton.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stejskal is the closest thing to a Woj in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fairness Hamilton has at least scored or looks like he plays the game.

Terence Boyd looks like Andre Lombardo lifting weights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I can see Jham scoring on us every freakn game

IM happy he got a change of scenery and hope to see him in the CPL shortly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 in 14 this year but he is basically a 1 in 5 guy who is often invisible for long stretches. The thing here is that we are using one forward. Generally teams would start 2 forwards and the third option off the bench would be the drop off. Our drop off is big after Jozy and Hamilton has proven, even with his 4 in 14, that he can't lock down anything other than spot duty and he has had 5 years to do it. If we're having Jozy and then the bench then that second option has to be good. Is Mullins good enough? I say no but he is better than Boyd for sure and I'd rather roll the dice with him than get what I know we're going to get with Hamilton.
    He scored vs the Panama team as well. I know nothing about mullins but his stats are worse than Hamiltons the past two seasons.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2WA, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I really disagree. He's had 2500~ MLS minutes in his career and has 11 goals and 3 assists playing a lot of those minutes only when Jozy's been out. 2500 minutes is around what a regular starter in MLS will play over the course of the season and 11 goals in that period would usually make you a decent starting striker in this league. Hamilton's not perfect but he can be a decent striker in this league, especially in the right environment where he's not just a placeholder in the line-up when Jozy's inevitably injured, suspended or on international duty. There's an argument out there that says he should have played a lot more than he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    5 goals in like ~700 minutes. A goal every 140 minutes or just above a goal every other game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curtis gets fleeced by Bez. What's the international spot worth again? Like 180k GAM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't get the Hamilton trade... We take on an older player and more salary and we GIVE up an intnl spot?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/transactio.../trade-tracker

Gives you the trades so far this year.

That's also pretty much confirmation that Hamilton is not a domestic in the US under MLS rules

And, given Mullins style, pretty much tells you all that we are going with a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 system moving forward.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-10-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-Fever View Post
    I just don't get the Hamilton trade... We take on an older player and more salary and we GIVE up an intnl spot?
    Columbus eats his salary for 2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Curtis gets fleeced by Bez. What's the international spot worth again? Like 180k GAM?
    mtl paid like 100 k for a intl spot a few weeks ago.we still have one slot and 2 if we loan or get rid of endoh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the trade. Mullins is an upgrade on Hamilton (and Boyd) in my opinion. Salary retention more or less balances out the international slot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's also pretty much confirmation that Hamilton is not a domestic in the US under MLS rules

And, given Mullins style, pretty much tells you all that we are going with a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 system moving forward.
    Dont they need a spot for one of the two international signings they made this/last week?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I like the trade. Mullins is an upgrade on Hamilton (and Boyd) in my opinion. Salary retention more or less balances out the international slot.
    Just adding to my initial thoughts, I think this also makes sense because I see Akinola as more promising than Hamilton, but they are both young strikers needing minutes in a team that is probably set up best to play a 1-striker system.

A striker depth chart of Altidore, Mullins as the decently experienced backup, and Akinola as the kid, I see sense in that (banish Boyd to the shadow realm obviously).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Thanks for clarifying.. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Only part of his salary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m just curious how we banish Boyd to the shadow realm. He has a contract doesn’t he? Aren’t we stuck with him for the year? Or are people talking buy out? Which doesn’t seem to make sense for his low contract.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I’m just curious how we banish Boyd to the shadow realm. He has a contract doesn’t he? Aren’t we stuck with him for the year? Or are people talking buy out? Which doesn’t seem to make sense for his low contract.
    Loan to USL/CPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we worry way too much about our 3rd and 4th string striker..jus park him for the rest of the season.he has got like a 100 k left and he is not a intl.move him in the off season

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be wrong but get the feeling Boyd is here for at least the rest of the season. Doubt we can cut him and doubt anyone is gnashing at the teeth to sign him. Tired of him getting piled on too. He's been ineffective, we get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i think we worry way too much about our 3rd and 4th string striker..jus park him for the rest of the season.he has got like a 100 k left and he is not a intl.move him in the off season
    It would help if we didn’t have to see a third and fourth string striker so often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont they need a spot for one of the two international signings they made this/last week?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loan to USL/CPL.
    Player has to agree to a loan, no?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Player has to agree to a loan, no?
    Yeah so it would depend on whether he actually wants to play or just practice.