Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    hmm.
    so french Boyd wit VdW attitude
    I think that’s going a bit far.

He can certainly play football, unlike Boyd, and he isn’t going to get into a fistfight with his coach or try to mess with Zlatan like VdW.

To me, it’s just that he could either be a decent player depending on salary, or he could be a flop. He was offered to some second tier teams, including one whose manager had the same agent (Lens), but no one bit. That, to me, says that there’s an imbalance in the quality-price ratio or that no one wanted to risk a further decline.

With the attitude, I’m just concerned because we’ve had plenty of lazy players, and Vanney hasn’t seemed able to deal with attitude issues from ego players in the most ideal way. Plus, this season is going to require some grit and fight, and a guy who complains about his teammates playing slowly and turns off when there’s adversity isn’t going to work well with this iteration of TFC.

Then again, he could be a good fit for MLS and do well. It’s a bit of a risk — I’m just concerned about this team taking yet another risk that doesn’t work out and being saddled with what I assume is a fairly reasonably sized salary. Not sure how much room we even have left though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    With the attitude, I’m just concerned because we’ve had plenty of lazy players, and Vanney hasn’t seemed able to deal with attitude issues from ego players in the most ideal way. Plus, this season is going to require some grit and fight, and a guy who complains about his teammates playing slowly and turns off when there’s adversity isn’t going to work well with this iteration of TFC.
    For a team that's been preaching "character" as a big part of their scouting this whole signing is surprising based on your assessment. I'm not doubting it (the signing or your judgement) - I don't follow the French league to comment - I just thought we were done with this kind of player.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes