Page 58 of 118 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 3511
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    TFC can't get in the way of Josh playing for the USMNT, that's a FIFA rule, he has to be released. So not quite sure what would have to be negotiated during the extension discussions?
    Teams can make it very hard on a player. It's not something that would be addressed contractually, but TFC for instance could easily block him from going to the Gold Cup here.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what would make life so much easier for the over 50% of minutes Jozy doesn't play? A decent forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    You know what would make life so much easier for the over 50% of minutes Jozy doesn't play? A decent forward.
    Terrence Boyd, the Brek Shea of strikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    We specialize in having washed up 'international' strikers as our immediate bench option. Since 2014: De Ro, Findley, Herculez Gomez, Ricketts, Boyd. It's kind of a joke at this point.

A guy like Villalba would literally be a perfect fit for us. Would cover our need for a winger and play up top whenever Jozy is out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Teams can make it very hard on a player. It's not something that would be addressed contractually, but TFC for instance could easily block him from going to the Gold Cup here.
    How could they block him if he decides to go? I really don't see how they can. If he goes what are they going to do.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    The Ben Spencer of strikers. Actually Ben had a few decent assists he just couldn't finish easy chances. Boyd is a disaster all over the pitch, everything bounces off him cushioned to the nearest defender. What an awful signing. As far as target forwards go Hagglund was 10x better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many minutes in total has Boyd played?
    Ridiculous for people to expect him to play 5 here, 10 there another 25 there and be amazing.
    I dont think he will be Jozy level by any means but give a guy a chance to play consistently

edit: Hes played 29 mins in 5 games. Average of 6 mins a game. Why isnt he lighting the world on fire?
    Last edited by Ossington Mental Youth; 05-09-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    How many minutes in total has Boyd played?
    Ridiculous for people to expect him to play 5 here, 10 there another 25 there and be amazing.
    I dont think he will be Jozy level by any means but give a guy a chance to play consistently

edit: Hes played 29 mins in 5 games. Average of 6 mins a game. Why isnt he lighting the world on fire?
    There may be a reason for that, you know that, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    Sure, could be. Could be tons of reasons for that all of them are speculation at the moment. Doesn't matter cuz we do love our whipping boys here don't we.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also ill add if hes so bad and Vanney has figured it out all right now, why sign him in the first place. Isnt that something he could have figured out in equally minimal time beforehand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boyd might be somewhat useful in the air if anyone on tfc could kick a decent cross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, could be. Could be tons of reasons for that all of them are speculation at the moment. Doesn't matter cuz we do love our whipping boys here don't we.
    If you think he deserved time over Hamilton, you’re delusional. I personally enjoyed the time he spent ball-watching in the six yard box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also ill add if hes so bad and Vanney has figured it out all right now, why sign him in the first place. Isnt that something he could have figured out in equally minimal time beforehand?
    Why go with seven changes in the lineup yet play Pozuelo and Bradley? Why keep Bono in the starting lineup for as long as he has?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This “interview” goes straight into the dustbin of history. Why did he bother?
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...t-deadline-day
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This “interview” goes straight into the dustbin of history. Why did he bother?
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...t-deadline-day
    Thanks for sharing this. This quote made me choke, though, we're crying for depth:

In the interim, Curtis indicated he feels very comfortable with the current squad
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im fine with them waiting until July but you sound like an idiot when they keep saying we are close the last 2 months.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Close only wins in horseshoes, hand grenades, & atomic bombs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason Vanney said in an interview was that Boyd hadn't fully gotten back to full fitness and game speed after his injuries but that he was starting to show signs of improvement. I'm not sure he is any good at all but with playing no minutes you can't really judge. Not sure if doable but a couple match loan stint on TFC2 would really help him along.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    but you sound like an idiot when they keep saying we are close the last 2 months.
    But maybe they were. Apparently they had the Gonzalez deal done with Pachuca but then Atlas refused to budge on their current loan arrangement. That is what I consider close.

No idea what's going on in Argentina with those options but it's probably got a lot to do with the amortized transfer fee nonsense and what the clubs are asking. Not sure if that could be called close unless every team is doing the Genk now and raising the cost when the deal seems done already.

Either way, whatever. On to Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because we have a long history of bringing in what seem to be “favour” strikers. Ensco listed a bunch. Ben Spencer used to live on Vanney’s couch.

We also have a lot of “put a tall guy up front” but Jozy doesn’t play like a tall guy, and the team doesn’t accommodate this style of play anyway. Boyd doesn’t even play well in the air.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I want to believe: there is a summer mega deal out there that they are waiting for. A DP level player that they will get using a Zlatan-type deal structure. It could even been Gio.

What I fear is true: They will just do Gonzalez and Jony/Janson in the summer, ie players you should not be waiting for, and it'll be too late anyway given the amount of upgrading that just happened around the league

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    The Ben Spencer of strikers. Actually Ben had a few decent assists he just couldn't finish easy chances. Boyd is a disaster all over the pitch, everything bounces off him cushioned to the nearest defender. What an awful signing. As far as target forwards go Hagglund was 10x better.
    Not to mention that indomitable force, Ali Gerba, or graceful Pablo Vitti, and who can forget Julius James and memorable bike courier Andre Lombardo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I want to believe: there is a summer mega deal out there that they are waiting for. A DP level player that they will get using a Zlatan-type deal structure. It could even been Gio.

What I fear is true: They will just do Gonzalez and Jony/Janson in the summer, ie players you should not be waiting for, and it'll be too late anyway given the amount of upgrading that just happened around the league
    I've seen your refer to Jony a few times. Who are you talking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I've seen your refer to Jony a few times. Who are you talking about?
    I assume it's Jony Menéndez - he's been mentioned a few times hasn't he?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    I assume it's Jony Menéndez - he's been mentioned a few times hasn't he?
    Oh yeah, of course. I kept think Jonny of Wolves and I kept thinking, uh, that would be a kick ass signing. But that makes more sense. I forgot his first name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As crap as Atl has been this year they are only 2 points behind us in the standings, I hope they do all their leg work now and bring in people at the start of the summer window

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why hasn't Zavaleta been cartoon-kicked across Lake Ontario??? This guy is completely useless on our back line. He was a disaster again last night.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that completes the full set of 11 in the starting lineup who there has been disagreement in here about whether they played well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Why hasn't Zavaleta been cartoon-kicked across Lake Ontario??? This guy is completely useless on our back line. He was a disaster again last night.
    I've been leading the #Zavaletaout movement for a year and a half and even I think he looks improved in the few minutes he has had so far this season. If this is a level he can maintain then he is good enough to be a 4th CB. But at $300K I obviously expect more but with the new CBA coming I hold my judgment on salary vs. output until we see what it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think he deserved time over Hamilton, you’re delusional. I personally enjoyed the time he spent ball-watching in the six yard box.
    Where and when did i say that? If you read here regularly ive been saying Hamilton needs to play on a regular basis and couldnt understand why he got limited minutes?

Why go with seven changes in the lineup yet play Pozuelo and Bradley? Why keep Bono in the starting lineup for as long as he has?
    Fucked if I know, not what we are talking about. I sure as shit would have rested them too. Maybe wants some stability to avoid a blow out like in Panama?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The reason Vanney said in an interview was that Boyd hadn't fully gotten back to full fitness and game speed after his injuries but that he was starting to show signs of improvement. I'm not sure he is any good at all but with playing no minutes you can't really judge. Not sure if doable but a couple match loan stint on TFC2 would really help him along.
    This right here. Though people may not rate it or have even watched it Boyd did play in Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2, the latter being one of Europes best second and most competitive second divisions. People do rate him, where is he at rn? I dunno, i havent seen him play enough.
    Last edited by Ossington Mental Youth; 05-09-2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spelled the word if, ive