Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Our worst mistake to date has been not protecting Raheem in that expansion draft. If you go back and watch previous match highlights he is what we complain about in what we're lacking. The amount of assists from crosses he provided to giovinco, ricketts and other players is outstanding. He was such a great sub and one of our only players (outside of current pozuelo) who could make a decent cross as a professional player.

I think giving up Beitashour is worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Did you not se him get destroyed last year?
    If so I don't remember.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    I think giving up Beitashour is worse.
    It was done so we could upgrade our 3rd CB from Zavs to a guy with actual world cup pedigree. Auro was the RB puzzle piece.

And it was the biggest mistake of the Bez era.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by ensco; 05-12-2019 at 07:48 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've told myself I'm going to try and be less negative and frustrated by this team. I need to accept reality and that's that were nothing more than a mid table team with the current roster and getting results from individual performances. Going to try and keep calm and hope we stay in the playoff picture come summer transfer window and then hope things get better. I'll start losing my shit after that if things don't improve.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I've told myself I'm going to try and be less negative and frustrated by this team. I need to accept reality and that's that were nothing more than a mid table team with the current roster and getting results from individual performances. Going to try and keep calm and hope we stay in the playoff picture come summer transfer window and then hope things get better. I'll start losing my shit after that if things don't improve.
    Good for you.

I think the lack of re-enforcements this window put more pressure on this group that didn't do well under scrutiny.

The next window July 7 holds more options and more hope for those who just want to make pussplops but it also holds overall improvement for next season.

It also gives the new additions time to gel before Aug 7. Vcup.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-12-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's start with the obvious. Jozy is sorted. Bradley now needs to either be extended, or, if they cannot agree on that, moved in July.

You acquire big pieces in the summer window. So you need to know where you are in terms of big pieces going into it.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-12-2019 at 08:24 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    If so I don't remember.
    Dunn got slaughtered during the “play the kids throw the games for CCL” matches. He was quite obviously not ready though we were all rooting for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It was done so we could upgrade our 3rd CB from Zavs to a guy with actual world cup pedigree. Auro was the RB puzzle piece.

And it was the biggest mistake of the Bez era.
    The worst part is that Beita is an integral part of a good LAFC side and we’re stuck with an often injured Brazilian who isn’t a great defender and was a backup. We then bring in Cyle Larin’s best friend and send him to RB. Or play Deleon there (which is fine in a backup capacity, if Deleon wasn’t already usually starting in another position).

This isn’t really progress. It’s the Jackson experiment. It’s the Creavalle experiment. It’s the Hasler experiment. And so on...

Even if MLSE is spending, even if we somehow manage our constant injuries to key and non-key players, even if “we will score goals,” even if “no need to rush signings...”

This team isn’t the 2017 team and we won’t have the perfect storm anytime soon. If management really is striving for a dynasty they’ve gone about it the wrong way and mismanaged it.

If TFC was never good we would all be happy just to make the playoffs (or pussplops). Being the “best MLS team ever” was almost a curse as the FO has to play keep up with a league that is constantly getting better and has both promised a lot and messed up a lot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I think the biggest problem is that the wattage of a Giovinco was a catalyst for a lot of others to come.

Unless you are the suit who brought Giovinco here, you cannot admit this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being the “best MLS team ever” was almost a curse.
    I think it was a curse. That's what infected the team mentality and has us playing this slow, predictable style. That's what worked so well back then but things have changed now but it seems the XI on the pitch just want to do the same thing over and over even if it fails. Almost an arrogance that we are the best and can turn it on if needed but you can see the concentration isn't there for 90 minutes. Guys not running and providing outlets, passes 2 yards in front of players going out of bounds because they weren't alert, missing defensive assignments, etc.

I'm starting to think this team needs a good shake up. Trade a few "untouchables" and try a squad reset in July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think it was a curse. That's what infected the team mentality and has us playing this slow, predictable style. That's what worked so well back then but things have changed now but it seems the XI on the pitch just want to do the same thing over and over even if it fails. Almost an arrogance that we are the best and can turn it on if needed but you can see the concentration isn't there for 90 minutes. Guys not running and providing outlets, passes 2 yards in front of players going out of bounds because they weren't alert, missing defensive assignments, etc.

I'm starting to think this team needs a good shake up. Trade a few "untouchables" and try a squad reset in July.
    A lot of people dismissed Seba and VdW’s comments that were directly related to the mentality of the team because they have bad attitudes (apparently) and because Seba is a “traitor” who wanted one last big contract instead of staying (and even going so far as to relish any misfortune he encounters).

The FO rooted out the bad attitudes, right? So why is Pozo, the soft spoken guy who just came in, already complaining about mentality? Why is Vanney saying the players aren’t playing like they’re supposed to?

Jozy isn’t the issue because they just resigned him, yet people still complain about his attitude despite the reffing in the last game being deplorably bad and equating his criticisms of the FO as “passion.” He’s passionate for sure, but does that mean he was wrong? He apologized, sure, because he has to do a job. Manning’s comments on the situation were really tonedeaf, and showed that the FO is having difficulty figuring out what to do. Physio was rehired ASAP, but he still needed to treat Jozy like a child?

FO says everything’s good. Numerous players have voiced issues about mentality, including our new star DP. Coach says players don’t listen and has commented more than once in the realm of the same subject.

Do you can Vanney because people don’t listen? Do you can the team and rebuild? Do you can the FO for doing nothing and sticking their fingers in their ears?

This isn’t “sky is falling;” it’s just obvious that something isn’t right here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So either you trust Vanney and break up the squad or you trust the players and get a new coach. The latter never usually works historically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    So either you trust Vanney and break up the squad or you trust the players and get a new coach. The latter never usually works historically.
    I guess. Either way, it’s not a great position to be in.

The interesting thing to see would be how much relevance the players’ self-coaching had to do with our win...

Vanney has previously said Hamilton lacked motivation, but not much commentary on that clique of players.

The obvious elephant in the room is the USMNT players...

If we suck, we suck. However, it sucks even more when a team sucks due to sucky attitude and mentality issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot take: maybe what we are seeing right now is the beginning of the end of Vanney.

There's just something about the atmosphere around the club right now that seems off. Guys going at each other on the field and generally looking unmotivated. The coach making statements in the press that basically pass the buck in terms of performances. Tactics that occasionally look like they were put in place by the coach to prove a point rather than win the game. The GM insisting he's confident with team he has in the face of multiple obvious shortcomings.

If we continue on our current pace, something will be changing at the end of the season (if not sooner).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted Vanney gone last season but I dont think it would be fair to can him without at least signing a winger or two (how he wants to play) and a CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to see bradley moved out for a different midfield option preferably. Imo not playing at Dp lvl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Hot take: maybe what we are seeing right now is the beginning of the end of Vanney.

There's just something about the atmosphere around the club right now that seems off. Guys going at each other on the field and generally looking unmotivated. The coach making statements in the press that basically pass the buck in terms of performances. Tactics that occasionally look like they were put in place by the coach to prove a point rather than win the game. The GM insisting he's confident with team he has in the face of multiple obvious shortcomings.

If we continue on our current pace, something will be changing at the end of the season (if not sooner).
    Vanney isn’t Manning’s Guy, or that of Curtis for that matter. Wouldn’t be a massive surprise if he went to Columbus.

I’d regret that. But something is off, and it isn’t necessarily Vanney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Vanney isn’t Manning’s Guy, or that of Curtis for that matter. Wouldn’t be a massive surprise if he went to Columbus.

I’d regret that. But something is off, and it isn’t necessarily Vanney.
    Agreed, it's not just one thing with this team right now. I just think if there's a fall guy here, it's the person who wasn't hired by the GM or the president.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Vanney can't win with the team we have now I think Ali is going to find it hard to justify keeping him after saying he liked the team as it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people dismissed Seba and VdW’s comments that were directly related to the mentality of the team because they have bad attitudes (apparently) and because Seba is a “traitor” who wanted one last big contract instead of staying (and even going so far as to relish any misfortune he encounters).

The FO rooted out the bad attitudes, right? So why is Pozo, the soft spoken guy who just came in, already complaining about mentality? Why is Vanney saying the players aren’t playing like they’re supposed to?

Jozy isn’t the issue because they just resigned him, yet people still complain about his attitude despite the reffing in the last game being deplorably bad and equating his criticisms of the FO as “passion.” He’s passionate for sure, but does that mean he was wrong? He apologized, sure, because he has to do a job. Manning’s comments on the situation were really tonedeaf, and showed that the FO is having difficulty figuring out what to do. Physio was rehired ASAP, but he still needed to treat Jozy like a child?

FO says everything’s good. Numerous players have voiced issues about mentality, including our new star DP. Coach says players don’t listen and has commented more than once in the realm of the same subject.

Do you can Vanney because people don’t listen? Do you can the team and rebuild? Do you can the FO for doing nothing and sticking their fingers in their ears?

This isn’t “sky is falling;” it’s just obvious that something isn’t right here.

personally i think this is overblown - when you watch the video interview with Pozo he isn't sounding upset in the slightest other than any player after a loss - it's more of a comment and how he expresses himself in English but his demeanour doesn't suggest any great excessive frustration throughout this interview imo

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...?autoplay=true

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I didn't take the Pozo comment as anything with bad locker room or any of that. I take it as on the pitch. I am sure he sees the slowing down play, the poor execution, the lack of focus, total lack of movement, etc.

That's the mentality I think he is referring to.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A reminder that this thread is about players coming and leaving.

Vanney evaluation thread is here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...ney+evaluation

There doesn't seem to be a Curtis evaluation thread yet, feel free to start one.

Manning evaluation thread is here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?42121-Manning-Evaluation-Thread

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and thus begins the annual De Rossi to TFC rumour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and thus begins the annual De Rossi to TFC rumour.
    Maybe TFC tries to sign him every year but his team won’t release him 😂😂😂

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an indication of how far MLS needs to improve to attract world class players...Antoine Griezmann is signing with Barca, for $100 million

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    As an indication of how far MLS needs to improve to attract world class players...Antoine Griezmann is signing with Barca, for $100 million
    There's maybe 6 teams in the world that can afford that price. AND, there are world class players not on those 6 teams. Not saying MLS is anything more then what it is but comparing MLS to Barca is not realistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There's maybe 6 teams in the world that can afford that price. AND, there are world class players not on those 6 teams. Not saying MLS is anything more then what it is but comparing MLS to Barca is not realistic.
    If we relocate our franchise to Uruguay...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a link from a swiss journo that we are interested in Lichensteiner from Arsenal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@torontofc aus der @MLS ist an Nati-Captain Stephan Lichtsteiner (35) interessiert. Sein Vertrag bei @Arsenal läuft aus

Translate: @torontofc From the @MLS interested is Nati Captain Stephan Lichtsteiner (35). His contract at @Arsenal expires