Threaded View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Thanks. Agreed (although I think there was a Vazquez article like that not long before he left, so you never really know!)
    Yes VV (and others!) actually came to my mind before posting that! You never do know, but at least for now Mavinga sounds quite happy. He said more than he needs to in the article.

Actually I got some more info about Vazquez recently, but I haven't had a chance to post, and don't know fully what to make of it. Might also be relevant to today's kerfuffle; I'll think about it some more. Something was fishy there.

Still amazed how a few other posters want to defend the FO so much. Nobody wants them to rush and make bad deals. But signing at least one TAM player by May 7th should not have to be a rush. There are thousands of elite footy players around the world. There are going to be a couple that can help us, that are currently on a team that wants to save some money, or for whatever reason are available, at least after TFC has been searching and talking for a couple of months.

If they can't find those players at least until the next window, and we have to survive and make do in the meantime, then OK. But then FO has to STFU until they've got a player at BMO, with a TFC jersey on & putting pen on paper. One bit of evidence: loaning out Telfer tells me the club themselves were certain they would sign one or two players now. If not, they failed plain & simple.

Seba started talking to TFC about a new/extended deal after they won MLS Cup. In world footy, it's normal at least to ask. Seba had won club & individual accolades with TFC. He was getting the wrong side of 30, going for his final contract, wanting to settle & get paid well for it. If TFC didn't want to do that, it's OK, but at the latest by summer 2018 TFC needed to know if they were going to shit or get off the pot. Arrange the new deal, or plan for replacement, so it's all ready to go during the 2018/2019 offseason DURING THE INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER WINDOWS. Don't promise everyone "business as usual, only some minor changes" for 2018, while expecting a player who has been vocal about his contract to start the last year of his contract when you won't even guarantee him the option year on his old contract.

I can't accept anything since then to be a real surprise; it's a mixture of naiveté and bad planning. The whole "we're gonna sign a player in a couple of weeks" falls in the same category. Therefore telegraphing to footy players, their clubs and their agents around the world that you're going to be desperate otherwise.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 05-07-2019 at 01:54 PM.