Page 66 of 118 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 3511
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Right. He probably hasn’t sold his house yet or has kept it in order to retire here/in Italy.

That said, there aren’t very many rich people who own homes here unless they have frequent business here or are Canadian.
    Luxury homes are slower and more difficult to move, and aren’t a very good investment. Unless you’re laundering money, and if so you probably don’t live there.

It’s like a yacht. Do some people own yachts? Yes, but most just rent them because they’re a really bad investment and they won’t use them often.
    It's not true. I actually personally know some cases of people who are not Canadian and own property in Canada (I don't personally know the people but I do verifiably know the situations).

One is out west and is a rich German guy who owns a house that he visits for a few weeks in the summer. Another is in Mississauga and is a Saudi prince who visits his house for a few weeks now and then. It's much more common than you'd think, and isn't just foreign investors or drug lords laundering money. With his money Giovinco can easily live that lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If I was making 10 million tax free Euros a season I really wouldn't worry about depreciation of my investment on a condo in Toronto.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-23-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was making 10 million tax free Euros a season I really wouldn't worry about depreciation of my investment on a condo in Toronto.
    Well, he doesn’t own a condo, he owns property currently (unless he’s sold it since), and he’s also sensitive to money issues and preserving lifestyle for his family past the inevitable end of his career in a few years instead of blowing it all while he’s still playing and ending up homeless.

You may not worry, but it’s not a good investment unless you’re using it to launder money or corporate/political bribes or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's not true. I actually personally know some cases of people who are not Canadian and own property in Canada (I don't personally know the people but I do verifiably know the situations).

One is out west and is a rich German guy who owns a house that he visits for a few weeks in the summer. Another is in Mississauga and is a Saudi prince who visits his house for a few weeks now and then. It's much more common than you'd think, and isn't just foreign investors or drug lords laundering money. With his money Giovinco can easily live that lifestyle.

Exactly.
    I work in this field, and also know a lot of wealthy people who own property here and who are not Canadian... That doesn’t mean there’s a lot of rich people who just have random homes in Toronto for their odd adventure over here.

Your anecdotal evidence doesn’t back up the statistical evidence or the reality of the situation...

Players don’t typically keep their homes long term after moving on except in rare circumstances in TO specifically.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba is probably here seeing that trainer.

Also maybe apologizing for that tantrum he threw when he left. Very childish. ;-)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Also maybe apologizing for that tantrum he threw when he left. Very childish. ;-)
    Yeah or else he will have to hit the scalpers for Raps tix. No free luxury box/court side for him.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's get back on topic... player movements.

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are on topic?

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, not often that you see people mischaracterizing the business you actually work in

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Sorry, not often that you see people mischaracterizing the business you actually work in

I think we may need a dedicated post-TFC Seba thread.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we may need a dedicated post-TFC Seba thread.
    OgtheDim has started a thread. Thanks. http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-amp-Info-Here

Any Seba information should be shared there.

Any future Seba information in this thread will be deleted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Transfers

@MLSTransfers

Source: Andre Horta officially on the trading block. One Eastern Conference team considering offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    MLS Transfers

@MLSTransfers

Source: Andre Horta officially on the trading block. One Eastern Conference team considering offer.
    Probably not a good fit with Pozuelo and Osorio?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adri Arjona of CF Reus is currently training with the first team. I wonder if we’ll see him in the lineup anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we're seeing with the squad right now is the result of three consecutive failed transfer windows. It's caught up to us in a really bad way.

Bez seriously screwed up in 2018. I don't know what we was thinking, after a track record of pretty clear improvement since he began up until 2017. Every move he made has been a downgrade, or sideways at absolute best. And he threw another one in with Ciman for good measure before leaving.

Then Curtis did pretty much nothing. Lack of time, overconfidence in the squad, being too cautious, take your pick.

Three transfer windows and Pozuelo is the only impact player we've brought in, while losing several. Westberg seems like an upgrade, but that's just addressing a previous mistake (Bez not selling Bono when his value was at its peak).

Honestly, we're fools if we expect to compete when we've made one positive move in a year and a half. We deserve these results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give Curtis another window before judging him too harshly. Maybe it will be worth it in the long run if they get better players in the summer window compared to what they could have acquired. At least we have Pozuelo to build around for a few years, Westburg was a good pickup and I like what I saw from Laryea on the wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@maxgrillo on twitter is suggesting an arrangement with River Plate for loaning of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    @maxgrillo on twitter is suggesting an arrangement with River Plate for loaning of players.
    Don't see anything under @maxgrillo with regards to that.

Dunfield has mentioned that he and academy coaches made a trip down to River Plate in the offseason on a previous podcast so it wouldnt surprise me.

EDIT: Found this
    http://snip.ly/3jierc

River seeks to continue expanding around the world, and continue to deepen new horizons. Through the management of Santiago Poblet, president of Public Relations of the club, the Millionaire initiated the negotiations with the Toronto FC of Canada to be able to implement diverse agreements in the future.SEE ALSOHappy 118 years, River Plate!What are these agreements about? According to "The Millionaire Page", the ideas of this merger with the Canadian institution begin from the creation of a Campus River training in Toronto, until the chance of being able to transfer players to loan with purchase option between both entities.In addition, the possibility will be sought in the near future to do a preseason there. The Biggest already made in 2009 a preseason in that city, when the team was under the command of Néstor Gorosito. It should be noted that Toronto FC is a 12-year-old club that currently competes in the MLS of the United States.
    River seeks to continue expanding around the world, and continue to deepen new horizons. Through the management of Santiago Poblet, president of Public Relations of the club, the Millionaire initiated the negotiations with the Toronto FC of Canada to be able to implement diverse agreements in the future.SEE ALSOHappy 118 years, River Plate!What are these agreements about? According to "The Millionaire Page", the ideas of this merger with the Canadian institution begin from the creation of a Campus River training in Toronto, until the chance of being able to transfer players to loan with purchase option between both entities.In addition, the possibility will be sought in the near future to do a preseason there. The Biggest already made in 2009 a preseason in that city, when the team was under the command of Néstor Gorosito. It should be noted that Toronto FC is a 12-year-old club that currently competes in the MLS of the United States.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 05-27-2019 at 02:16 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Give Curtis another window before judging him too harshly. Maybe it will be worth it in the long run if they get better players in the summer window compared to what they could have acquired. At least we have Pozuelo to build around for a few years, Westburg was a good pickup and I like what I saw from Laryea on the wing.
    Curtis nearly screwed up the Pozo deal due to lack of due diligence and Westberg was a Vanney connection. Maybe Curtis will deliver something, it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    What we're seeing with the squad right now is the result of three consecutive failed transfer windows. It's caught up to us in a really bad way.

Bez seriously screwed up in 2018. I don't know what we was thinking, after a track record of pretty clear improvement since he began up until 2017. Every move he made has been a downgrade, or sideways at absolute best. And he threw another one in with Ciman for good measure before leaving.

Then Curtis did pretty much nothing. Lack of time, overconfidence in the squad, being too cautious, take your pick.

Three transfer windows and Pozuelo is the only impact player we've brought in, while losing several. Westberg seems like an upgrade, but that's just addressing a previous mistake (Bez not selling Bono when his value was at its peak).

Honestly, we're fools if we expect to compete when we've made one positive move in a year and a half. We deserve these results.
    Yet so many want to fire the coach...
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-27-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Don't see anything under @maxgrillo with regards to that.

Dunfield has mentioned that he and academy coaches made a trip down to River Plate in the offseason on a previous podcast so it wouldnt surprise me.

EDIT: Found this
    http://snip.ly/3jierc

I used the wrong handle https://twitter.com/maxigrillo/statu...826430976?s=21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    MLS Transfers

@MLSTransfers

Isn't Horta a DP? This feels like more of a RBNY sort of play. Would love him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Isn't Horta a DP? This feels like more of a RBNY sort of play. Would love him though.
    Yup. I'd say he'd be loaned or sold back to Europe if LAFC do want to get rid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Isn't Horta a DP?.
    He is but at what number?

Remember that getting him halfway could make him easily bought down with GAM and next year is a new CBA so as long as his rate isn't too high he could be a TAM level player depending on how it all goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is but at what number?

Remember that getting him halfway could make him easily bought down with GAM and next year is a new CBA so as long as his rate isn't too high he could be a TAM level player depending on how it all goes.
    None of LAFCs DPs can be bought down. They all have massive transfer fees attached.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of LAFCs DPs can be bought down. They all have massive transfer fees attached.
    Just over $1M in salary but a $7M transfer fee. Can't find how many years but it may not matter as the new CBA is rumored to do away with amortized transfer fees against the cap. If so, then he is pretty reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horta qualifies as a young DP so the cap hit is 150k for a full year

If you have an open slot

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would we want another central midfielder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Probably not a good fit with Pozuelo and Osorio?
    The real irony here is he’s been squeezed out of a place in midfield by a prospect we threw in the garbage (among other players).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The real irony here is he’s been squeezed out of a place in midfield by a prospect we threw in the garbage (among other players).
    It's crazy to see a once "low valued college prospect" in Kaye be arguably more valuable to LAFC then Horta and his 7 + million dollar fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a link from the Scottish Sun that us and Atlanta are after Spanish winger Alex Gorrin who plays for Motherwell. He's out of contract soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a link from the Scottish Sun that us and Atlanta are after Spanish winger Alex Gorrin who plays for Motherwell. He's out of contract soon.
    Isn't he a central midfielder?