Page 107 of 118 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Oso needs minutes with a first choice lineup. I hope Vanney isn’t sitting him to play Benezet, and is not blaming him for the inconsistency in our play this year. That's been 100% a problem with the backline.
    100% backline and 25% coach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    100% backline and 25% coach.
    A decent percentage of our defensive troubles are from mids farting around with the ball doing square passes and getting a pass intercepted and no one can recover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did this chart for my own benefit but realized it might inform the discussion here. It's based on todays roster as posted on TFC's website. By breaking it out in terms of player status it may change your perspective on the relative trade values of certain players. Keep in mind most players in the first group would lose the beneficial cap status if traded and can only be replaced on the supplemental/reserve roster by players with the same or similar roster status. Hope you find it informative. I may be wrong about Mavinga being Tam and the list has no indication of how the club has used Gam but it seems likely that both Bono and Delgado are Gam.

cap hit $0

Akinola (homegrown)
    Bakero (loan)
    Bono (Gen Adidas)
    Chapman (homegrown)
    Daniels (homegrown)
    Delgado (homegrown)
    Dorsey (Gen Adidas)
    Dunn (homegrown)
    Fraser (homegrown)
    Morgan (homegrown)
    Okello (homegrown)
    Shaffelburg (homegrown)
    Telfer (loan)

cap hit ? min 150K

Jozy (DP)
    Benezet (Tam)
    Bradley (DP)
    Ciman (Tam)
    Gallardo (Tam)
    Gonzalez (Tam)
    Mavinga (Tam)
    Osorio (Tam)
    Pozuelo (DP)

Cap hit 100%

Auro
    Deleon
    Endoh
    Laryea
    Moor
    Morrow
    Mullins
    Patterson-Sewell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga is tam, Ciman is not tam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciman and Mavinga aren't TAM. Ciman on $400K and last I looked, Mavinga was right at the max for a regular contract.

Also I don't think DPs are $150 against the cap like TAM. I thought they were cap max.

Is Bono still GA after getting the new contract?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Ciman and Mavinga aren't TAM. Ciman on $400K and last I looked, Mavinga was right at the max for a regular contract.

Also I don't think DPs are $150 against the cap like TAM. I thought they were cap max.

Is Bono still GA after getting the new contract?
    Mavinga makes 600 plus k. Hes tam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    I did this chart for my own benefit but realized it might inform the discussion here. It's based on todays roster as posted on TFC's website. By breaking it out in terms of player status it may change your perspective on the relative trade values of certain players. Keep in mind most players in the first group would lose the beneficial cap status if traded and can only be replaced on the supplemental/reserve roster by players with the same or similar roster status. Hope you find it informative. I may be wrong about Mavinga being Tam and the list has no indication of how the club has used Gam but it seems likely that both Bono and Delgado are Gam.

cap hit $0

Akinola (homegrown)
    Bakero (loan)
    Bono (Gen Adidas)
    Chapman (homegrown)
    Daniels (homegrown)
    Delgado (homegrown)
    Dorsey (Gen Adidas)
    Dunn (homegrown)
    Fraser (homegrown)
    Morgan (homegrown)
    Okello (homegrown)
    Shaffelburg (homegrown)
    Telfer (loan)

cap hit ? min 150K

Jozy (DP)
    Benezet (Tam)
    Bradley (DP)
    Ciman (Tam)
    Gallardo (Tam)
    Gonzalez (Tam)
    Mavinga (Tam)
    Osorio (Tam)
    Pozuelo (DP)

Cap hit 100%

Auro
    Deleon
    Endoh
    Laryea
    Moor
    Morrow
    Mullins
    Patterson-Sewell
    Thank you.

Bono isn’t gen adidas any more I am fairly certain.

Are you sure Marky is still not against the CAP?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Mavinga makes 600 plus k. Hes tam.
    I see he is now. Last season he was right at the top number. Guess he earned a raise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benezet will wear #7.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Benezet will wear #7.
    Yep, we just got confirmation of that. Now looking forward to him hopefully seeing the pitch tonight at RBA.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had a look at the rules here: Http//www.mlssoccer.com/league/official

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono is Gen Ad and Marky is homegrown. Both surprised me too. I re-read the roster rules and both could be net 0 cap dollars with the use of Gam but not Tam. I'm not sure either are Net 0 but the point is really that they could be and neither have to occupy a senior roster spot

Ciman is in the wrong category
    Last edited by djking2; 08-03-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And they seem to say something different. Whether you count against the cap (gen adidas aside) depends whether you are on the senior roster. So that would be Q, Bono (if no longer GenAdidas) Morrow OG Moor Ciman Zavaleta Mavinga Morrow Laryea Auro Delgado Oso Bradley Deleon Poz Jozy Gallardo (if he exists) Bezenet and? Morgan. All of them will count against the cap one way or other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono is Gen Ad and Marky is homegrown. Both surprised me too. I re-read the roster rules and both could be net 0 cap dollars with the use of Gam but not Tam. I'm not sure either are Net 0 but the point is really that they could be and neither have to occupy a senior roster spot
    Interesting about Bono. But I think you need GAM TAM SLAM or JAM to make Marky zero. And he has to be on the senior roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Interesting about Bono. But I think you need GAM TAM SLAM or JAM to make Marky zero. And he has to be on the senior roster.
    I know what you're saying about Marky but the status is on the TFC site and the rules are pretty clear, If you move them to the senior roster they can't go back to reserve or supplemental. That's a massive factor in favour of using Gam to lower their salary and keeping the status

A related question is does anybody know if clubs still get additional allocation for qualifying for Chanmpion League. They did a few years back for sure but I haven't heard any mention of it in a few years. It would of course be reffered to as CLam. I of course do remember Special LAG allocation money (slam) but Jam is a new one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you're saying about Marky but the status is on the TFC site and the rules are pretty clear, If you move them to the senior roster they can't go back to reserve or supplemental. That's a massive factor in favour of using Gam to lower their salary and keeping the status

A related question is does anybody know if clubs still get additional allocation for qualifying for Chanmpion League. They did a few years back for sure but I haven't heard any mention of it in a few years. It would of course be reffered to as CLam. I of course do remember Special LAG allocation money (slam) but Jam is a new one!
    You are really into the details. Does that mean Marky is still in the supplemental roster? Very interesting. I assume Shaff is too.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A related question is does anybody know if clubs still get additional allocation for qualifying for Chanmpion League. They did a few years back for sure but I haven't heard any mention of it in a few years.
    Yes, it's still a thing. You get $140k of GAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/rosters/2019/toronto-fc

Bono has graduated from the GA program, we take his full cap hit. Delgado is on the senior roster and so we also take his full cap hit. As noted you can't move him back to the supplemental or reserve roster once moved to the senior roster.

Being on the senior roster is what matters for cap hit. If you are not on the senior roster, your cap hit is zero.

Homegrown Player and Generation Adidas are really player acquisition methods. What's more important for their salary cap budget charges is the roster designation (senior, supplemental, or reserve). Homegrown status only really "kicks in" (or doesn't apply) from a budget charge perspective after you are placed on one of those rosters.

For example, Delgado and Chapman are both Homegrown Players, but Delgado earns a high enough salary (253k) to be on the senior roster and so his status as a Homegrown on that roster is irrelevant to the salary cap. However Chapman earns 138k, and by the rules that is low enough that we can apply the Homegrown Player Subsidy to him to keep him on the supplemental roster, therefore having him not count against the cap at all. It's not that Chapman is a Homegrown that makes him "cap free", it's the fact that his salary is low enough that we can use his Homegrown status to keep him on the supplemental roster, and once on the supplemental roster, then he's cap free.

Fun stuff.
    Last edited by notthesun; 08-03-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just collapsed a lung laughing at this post. Thank you.

Sorry to not be of much more help… however, if it's of any consolation, I seem to recall CLAM being mentioned by a few here, as recently as this past off-season, in an attempt to figure out how much funny-money, in total, we must have. But, yeh… don't remember, for instance, it being confirmed via someone in the media asking about it, and the club, I think, wouldn't be too keen on mentioning all the leverage they have, preferring to keep their cards close to their chest (the more likely reason you don't hear much about it; we knew, at one point, it existed, and no one's said it doesn't any more, but you won't hear many reaffirming said existence).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/rosters/2019/toronto-fc

Bono has graduated from the GA program, we take his full cap hit. Delgado is on the senior roster and so we also take his full cap hit. As noted you can't move him back to the supplemental or reserve roster once moved to the senior roster.

that makes more sense really thanks for your input. The official roster you linked to is what I was really looking for all along

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My issue with our roster at present is the midfield. Bradley takes too much responsibility for the defensive work and the other guys don’t pull enough weight. Conversely, Bradley has become useless to the attack.

Osorio, Delgado, and now Benezet are all in a mould where they’ll struggle with 1v1 defending. And then you have DeLeon, who has a great motor but is positionally terrible.

There needs to be more athleticism in the midfield and more 2-way play from each player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    My issue with our roster at present is the midfield. Bradley takes too much responsibility for the defensive work and the other guys don’t pull enough weight. Conversely, Bradley has become useless to the attack.

Osorio, Delgado, and now Benezet are all in a mould where they’ll struggle with 1v1 defending. And then you have DeLeon, who has a great motor but is positionally terrible.

There needs to be more athleticism in the midfield and more 2-way play from each player.
    Okello in a year might be ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over the next few games, we have to evaluate our team from top to bottom, at this rate i would be content with a slight roster shakeup, and find out what our mentality will be, the last few games have been poor and not content with our current makeup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy, off topic, but Gilberto having a day, remember him ? I'm watching Bahia vs Flamengo and he has scored a natural 1st half hat trick ! for Bahia, this is noteworthy as Flamengo has spent a lot of $$ recently, and are title chasers, along with being in QF's for Libertadores , new players have come in from top European teams too, plus new high profile coach. Good for Gilberto , this guy was always good enough for MLS. He struggled in recent months apparently, but he is a good striker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Holy, off topic, but Gilberto having a day, remember him ? I'm watching Bahia vs Flamengo and he has scored a natural 1st half hat trick ! for Bahia, this is noteworthy as Flamengo has spent a lot of $$ recently, and are title chasers, along with being in QF's for Libertadores , new players have come in from top European teams too, plus new high profile coach. Good for Gilberto , this guy was always good enough for MLS. He struggled in recent months apparently, but he is a good striker.
    Always liked him, and he would fit in nicely this year as a backup forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto had talent, but some players are just not made to succeed abroad. If I remember correctly when he first arrived he was coming off a nice year in Brazil too. Decent player, but he's better off playing at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember right, didn't Gilberto hit the post like 2 or 3 times in his first few games? Feel like if those went in it would've given him a confidence boost and led to some solid performance.

Will always remember his free kick. My second favourite TFC goal after Giovinco vs Tigres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9K6Q2_aIT4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYckY3arCY0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember right, didn't Gilberto hit the post like 2 or 3 times in his first few games? Feel like if those went in it would've given him a confidence boost and led to some solid performance.

Will always remember his free kick. My second favourite TFC goal after Giovinco vs Tigres
    Yup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto hit the post maybe 8 or 9 times that season. Really unlucky.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was telling my kids about that one, and showing them the video thereafter, just the other day.

Unforgettable moment.