Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Just show us already. Put them on the field. Have them play well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to reports, 28-year-old Spanish striker Álvaro Vázquez has an offer from a Canadian MLS team. Vasquez is a free agent so he wouldn’t require a transfer fee. #TFCLive#IMFC#VWFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    According to reports, 28-year-old Spanish striker Álvaro Vázquez has an offer from a Canadian MLS team. Vasquez is a free agent so he wouldn’t require a transfer fee. #TFCLive#IMFC#VWFC
    the love child of Alvaro Rey and Victor Vazquez? If they give him the 7 I already have the jersey

Kawhi to TFC.....man that was some serious hype yesterday.

Unfortunately the US got through yesterday so still waiting to get our first look at OG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Pozuelos team mate at Swansea

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Just show us already. Put them on the field. Have them play well.
    QFT. Show, don't tell.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of contract so no transfer fee. Any good though? (I could see this being a Montreal move)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vazquez or Vasquez?

We had that problem with our last Vazquez, people kept mixing up the two common spellings.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be a TFC signing. FO did state they are looking for a second forward or midfielder as the second transfer target. TAM player would be winger. Second target likely wouldnt be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Could be a TFC signing. FO did state they are looking for a second forward or midfielder as the second transfer target. TAM player would be winger. Second target likely wouldnt be.
    Alvaro Vazquez was previously rumoured to TFC earlier this season (I think I posted on it in this thread too).

It could be true, and if he’s on a reasonable salary he may be an okay backup. He is capable of scoring goals, which is good. He’s not great, but maybe he’ll have some sort of fantastic transition playing in MLS.

He’s not young or anything, so it’s not a move for the future. Seems more like a “fill the gap” signing. He’s also not incredibly fast or a winger though maybe he could potentially play there, given Vanney has played non wingers as wingers (though not to much success).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Vazquez or Vasquez?

We had that problem with our last Vazquez, people kept mixing up the two common spellings.
    It’s with a z.

First one is right because they copy and pasted it to get the diacritics correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kristian JackVerified account @KristianJack 8m8 minutes agoMore

Kristian Jack Retweeted Kristian Jack
    For those asking on an update about Sebastian Giovinco possibly returning to Toronto FC my sources tell me nothing has changed from this interview last week Mutual interest remains but a long way apart in terms of $ meaning TFC are shopping elsewhere for a TAM winger #TFCLive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Kristian JackVerified account @KristianJack 8m8 minutes agoMore

Kristian Jack Retweeted Kristian Jack
    For those asking on an update about Sebastian Giovinco possibly returning to Toronto FC my sources tell me nothing has changed from this interview last week Mutual interest remains but a long way apart in terms of $ meaning TFC are shopping elsewhere for a TAM winger #TFCLive
    Then he can continue having fun sitting at the end of the bench in blazing heat, in a shit league, in front of zero fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean he's on $10 million right? He would have to be incredibly unhappy, rather than just kinda disappointed at how things have turned out, to go from that to a TAM salary of $1.5 million.

The money doesn't work, we'd have to sell Bradley and free up a DP slot. Which, given Fraser's play and Bradley's age, I think might be smart at this point...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I mean he's on $10 million right? He would have to be incredibly unhappy, rather than just kinda disappointed at how things have turned out, to go from that to a TAM salary of $1.5 million.

The money doesn't work, we'd have to sell Bradley and free up a DP slot. Which, given Fraser's play and Bradley's age, I think might be smart at this point...
    Main issue is that he is in no way worth a DP spot. If we move Bradley then I expect a lot more from a DP spot than a 30+ year old Giovinco that insists the game runs through him. Much, much better can be done for less than he will ask for.

I said it earlier, TAM with TFC an all that goes with it or enjoy the money in a place he hates (allergic to) without his family.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-04-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the first things I read when I looked him up is that Vazquez is not good enough to play for Real Zaragoza in the Segunda. I don't know anymore. His record is okay I think but you'd expect more maybe? Like I guess go for it, but this seems like scraping the bottom of some sort of barrel if we're in for him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    One of the first things I read when I looked him up is that Vazquez is not good enough to play for Real Zaragoza in the Segunda. I don't know anymore. His record is okay I think but you'd expect more maybe? Like I guess go for it, but this seems like scraping the bottom of some sort of barrel if we're in for him.
    I am of the hope that we sign him and drop Boyd. I am good with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    2 other segunda teams have made offers to him as well as whichever MLS side

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.pericosonline.net/noticia...alvaro-vazquez

Espanyol paid Vazquez 500k euro to leave early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Boyd always looks so happy in the promo material. I’d kind of feel bad if we dropped him.

Maybe we can make him the mascot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds reasonable. Not sure where he fits otherwise.

Also looking like development time for Akinola and Hamilton will continue to be slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz and Vazquez are having the bants in the comments of Poz's latest insta post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main issue is that he is in no way worth a DP spot. If we move Bradley then I expect a lot more from a DP spot than a 30+ year old Giovinco that insists the game runs through him. Much, much better can be done for less than he will ask for.

I said it earlier, TAM with TFC an all that goes with it or enjoy the money in a place he hates (allergic to) without his family.
    Couldn't agree more. Love the dude and everything he's done for us but DP? Nope

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the Altidore conversation all over again where a bunch of people want to pay 30 cents for a dollars worth of eggs, just because that seems “right” to them.

Once again, I feel compelled to chime in to state the obvious... all this nuanced anguish stuff about how Seba would be a TAM player is just nuts. He is a $4M a year player, even now, and it's not much of an argument.

I think it could happen if/when one of Bradley or Altidore leaves.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is the Altidore conversation all over again where a bunch of people want to pay 30 cents for a dollars worth of eggs, just because that seems “right” to them.

Once again, I feel compelled to chime in to state the obvious... all this nuanced anguish stuff about how Seba would be a TAM player is just nuts. He is a $4M a year player, even now, and it's not much of an argument.

If that’s the case, they would be replacing Seba with Seba.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we have to play a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 because of Seba, we are regressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucas Janson is wanted by some teams in MLS, one of them is Toronto FC.
    They are evaluating offers since there are Superliga teams that want him also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucas Janson is wanted by some teams in MLS, one of them is Toronto FC.
    They are evaluating offers since there are Superliga teams that want him also.
    Hahahahaha. Of course they are. Two more weeks. Or the extra 1 million they paid to Belgium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe some of you are right and people really don't want to come to Toronto. Only explanation I can think of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Before his stint at Al-Hilal I would have totally been on board, now I'm not so sure. I didn't watch any of the games, but was it really just disinterest from Seba? Being benched by them is pretty damning.

Also I'm not sure I'd want TFC to go back to a system where we have to play through Seba, I'd much rather bring in someone new who offers us more options.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Hahahahaha. Of course they are. Two more weeks. Or the extra 1 million they paid to Belgium
    I'm starting to question Curtis' negotiation skills as a GM. Outside of the hagglund deal its always we're really close but then the deal never finishes. Hopefully he still has his advantage of knowing the ins an outs of the salary cap structure.