Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long ago was that article, either in the Sun or Athletic, where he said he and his wife loved living in Toronto?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he's been told he won't be renewed? That could explain the "love me but don't love me" and the whole depressed tone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's professional on the pitch about all this at least.

If he goes, finding a left footed starting CB who can pass is not easy. They better have somebody in mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I love Mavinga on the field but does he ever need a social media manager. These messages are embarrassing for a 15 year old; never mind a professional athlete. This kind of stuff makes me respect Bradley so much.
    his profile pic isnt even in a TFC jersey anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-Fever View Post
    I read the comments about Mavinga above and also have seen his twitter timeline .. something doesn't sit well with me when it comes to Mavinga and either he and his wife are extremely home-sick or something has shifted his attitude about playing in Toronto. He doesn't seem the happy guy he was when he first came .. his tweets hint of someone who is depressed or who is having personal issues in life or with his employer ..

I was under the impression that he wasn't injured in his car accident but has been curiously absent of late … the following tweet and reply seem to confirm his mood and sombre tone have nothing to do with the car accident.

This one … "It's not always easy to pretend"

Followed by a reply to a follower ..

Then this one just a few days ago .. with those cryptic emojis … arrow soon perhaps equals leaving soon?

And this gem at the start of the month … Translation: "Sometimes you are so disappointed at an unimaginable point that you just do not want to make any effort for anyone" I mean wtf!

If I had to lay money down I would say he plays out his contract and then he and the team part ways … he's been a little too dramatic since getting close to van der weil and maybe some of the latter's attitude and work ethic rubbed off on Mavinga

Something is clearly off though .. we will see if he makes the squad tonight in NY.
    these are lyrics to a Grime song
    the song is 18Hunna

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like the dude and he's good but nbd if he's gone at the end of the season. We'd have a huge amount of space and cap. Moor surely has to be leaving along side Ciman. Obviously Zavaleta should go and might if Vanney does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Like the dude and he's good but nbd if he's gone at the end of the season. We'd have a huge amount of space and cap. Moor surely has to be leaving along side Ciman. Obviously Zavaleta should go and might if Vanney does
    I'd have him go as well. Injuries are crippling. Issue is we are really going to be without centrebacks next season. Ciman, Moor, Zavaleta surely all going in December.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    these are lyrics to a Grime song
    the song is 18Hunna
    i dont know that one but everyone did freak out about his posts earlier this season and they were just Drake lyrics. The man is in his feelings. Give him some space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser is 3-0 since joining Colorado and will outcoach Vanney this weekend imo. I think we got rid of the wrong coach.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Fraser is 3-0 since joining Colorado and will outcoach Vanney this weekend imo. I think we got rid of the wrong coach.
    Wrong thread. Try the Colorado game thread or the Vanney evaluation thread. THIS IS THE PLAYER MOVEMENT THREAD.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue is it’s impossible to replace a CB like Mavinga on the wages he’s earning. For the traits he brings to our side, it’s the traits European squads will pay DP money or more for.

Unless you really believe we should transition to a counter-attacking formation coming off a low defensive block (less demand for a ball playing CB with pace to cover a high line).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have no idea what Mavinga's posts mean but i truly hope and pray he stays with TFC.

he's in his prime and pairing with Gonzalez plus additions in the summer give TFC a solid backline for seasons to come...

why on earth would anyone want him to depart?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    The issue is it’s impossible to replace a CB like Mavinga on the wages he’s earning. For the traits he brings to our side, it’s the traits European squads will pay DP money or more for.

Unless you really believe we should transition to a counter-attacking formation coming off a low defensive block (less demand for a ball playing CB with pace to cover a high line).
    Who knows who will be available at any given time let alone how much we will have. I like the dude alot and think he offers alot on the pitch. Is he replaceable? Absolutely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows who will be available at any given time let alone how much we will have. I like the dude alot and think he offers alot on the pitch. Is he replaceable? Absolutely.
    Any player is replaceable. The issue is can we replace Mavinga with another Mavinga? A ball playing CB with pace doesn’t come to MLS that often, and the ones that do gets sold off to Europe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Any player is replaceable. The issue is can we replace Mavinga with another Mavinga? A ball playing CB with pace doesn’t come to MLS that often, and the ones that do gets sold off to Europe.
    We can agree to disagree. Like I said I like him alot but I don't think he's a one of a kind defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can agree to disagree. Like I said I like him alot but I don't think he's a one of a kind defender.

CM is quality, but definitely not one of a kind and can definitely be replaced.

What I don't understand, is why he'd be unsettled here...the guy played in Kazan for half a decade, and Toronto is even nicer...(for those of you who've never been to Kazan, it's a dope, progressive city).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His tweets are gonna be a dumpster fire after last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blowing it up and for a fast rebuild

Today was a pretty frustrating game because we should be winning these type of games.

Altidore had a good goal today, but I feel like we could do way more with the investment in Altidore.

We have Altidore through 2022, at more then 6.3 million a season. That's a commitment of 19 million dollars. If we could get a fee of 7-10 million for Altidore (there was a rumour about a Chinese club offering 10 million) we need to take it and next offseason might be the time to do it. With the money saved and the return on his fee, that could give TFC upwards of 25 million to invest in quality players. I'd be happy to bring back Bradley but if he wants to be a 5 million a year player, he can go too.

I like Altidore, a lot... but it's about value for $$$ and right now Altidore is paid as a top 5 player in MLS but he's not even a top 10 striker.

TFC could get 10-12 goals from a Lucas Cavalini for about 1/5 the cost of Altidore. I mean, we could probably buy Cavalini for 5 million and pay him 1.5 million per season.

I'd sell Altidore, let Bradley walk and reinvest the 30-40 million in Cavalini, an elite player and a young upcoming winger.

Next year.

Lucas Cavalini (TAM MAX)
    Carlos Vela tier player (DP)
    Brian Rodriguez tier player (DP)
    Alejandro Pozuelo (DP)
    Omar Gonzalez (TAM)

------------------Cavalini
    --Rodriguez----------------Vela
    ------------------Pozuelo
    -------Remidi-------------Delgado
    Morrow-Mavinga-Gonzalez-Lareya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cavallini would be a dp and def score more than 10 goals in mls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I think he would score more then 10 goals as well maybe 12-14 goals or more with service from Pozuelo and just being in his home environment and hitting his peak age.

He's scoring at a 0.34 goals per game in LIGA MX, which is nice but if we estimate around 0.40-0.50 gpg (small up tick coming to MLS) then he's worth somewhere between Diomande and Adi type money. He's close to Dos Diomande/Acam/Alessandrini type money imo. If Galaxy can get all 4 of Pavon, Zlatan, Alessandrini, Dos Santos all under contract, I think we could finesse Cavalini to be that "4th"DP/TAM hybrid at around 1.5 million. If we couldn't him on a max TAM I wouldn't want him as a DP. Maybe MLS raises MAX TAM to 2 million to help Galaxy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Cavalini is worth about 1.5- 1.75 million per year, so he would have to take 1.5 million or MLS would have to raise MAX TAM.

Also we shouldn't use Altidore and Bradley as the bench mark of player worth. For perspective, Pity Martinez makes 900 k... Diomande who has 22 goals in 40 games makes 935 k. That really puts into perspective how overpaid Altidore is. He also was set to hit the market as a free agent so we paid him more money because of that factor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he would score more then 10 goals as well maybe 12-14 goals or more with service from Pozuelo and just being in his home environment and hitting his peak age.

He's scoring at a 0.34 goals per game in LIGA MX, which is nice but if we estimate around 0.40-0.50 gpg (small up tick coming to MLS) then he's worth somewhere between Diomande and Adi type money. He's close to Dos Diomande/Acam/Alessandrini type money imo. If Galaxy can get all 4 of Pavon, Zlatan, Alessandrini, Dos Santos all under contract, I think we could finesse Cavalini to be that "4th"DP/TAM hybrid at around 1.5 million. If we couldn't him on a max TAM I wouldn't want him as a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Today was a pretty frustrating game because we should be winning these type of games.

Altidore had a good goal today, but I feel like we could do way more with the investment in Altidore.

We have Altidore through 2022, at more then 6.3 million a season. That's a commitment of 19 million dollars. If we could get a fee of 7-10 million for Altidore (there was a rumour about a Chinese club offering 10 million) we need to take it and next offseason might be the time to do it. With the money saved and the return on his fee, that could give TFC upwards of 25 million to invest in quality players. I'd be happy to bring back Bradley but if he wants to be a 5 million a year player, he can go too.

I like Altidore, a lot... but it's about value for $$$ and right now Altidore is paid as a top 5 player in MLS but he's not even a top 10 striker.

TFC could get 10-12 goals from a Lucas Cavalini for about 1/5 the cost of Altidore. I mean, we could probably buy Cavalini for 5 million and pay him 1.5 million per season.

I'd sell Altidore, let Bradley walk and reinvest the 30-40 million in Cavalini, an elite player and a young upcoming winger.

Next year.

Lucas Cavalini (TAM MAX)
    Carlos Vela tier player (DP)
    Brian Rodriguez tier player (DP)
    Alejandro Pozuelo (DP)
    Omar Gonzalez (TAM)

------------------Cavalini
    --Rodriguez----------------Vela
    ------------------Pozuelo
    -------Remidi-------------Delgado
    Morrow-Mavinga-Gonzalez-Lareya
    With a clear mind, selling Altidore and replacing him (even with a TAM striker) is so obvious that I've given up even trying to make it. If you're not convinced that relying on a DP striker that plays only 50% of games to score the plurality of your goals doesn't make sense now, I don't think you ever will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cavallini’s transfer cost would take him out of TAM level I believe. He would be a nice pickup though, I would also like to grab Hoilet because I dont have much faith in Gallardo and I think Benezet will probably be too expensive to keep as a non DP?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not disputing either of these pickups as they would be a great addition but they are both on the CMNT right? we would be losing out two more players to international duty on top of what we already have.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basing a roster purge on what happened yesterday on that turf in that weather? Just don't do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlikely to happen.

He’s been approached by other clubs in MLS and he’s holding out for a contract from one of the big clubs in Mexico or overseas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Unlikely to happen.

He’s been approached by other clubs in MLS and he’s holding out for a contract from one of the big clubs in Mexico or overseas.
    If i'm Cavalini i'm drooling about the idea of playing with Pozuelo in my hometown. With all due respect to LIGA MX, how many players in all of Liga MX can deliver the service of a healthy and fit Alejandro Pozuelo? TFC can offer him something that other teams cannot and that's to be the face of the franchise "home town boy" He could probably get more endorsements here potentially, even if it's still Canada. I guess it depends what offers he actually gets from MX/Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    With a clear mind, selling Altidore and replacing him (even with a TAM striker) is so obvious that I've given up even trying to make it. If you're not convinced that relying on a DP striker that plays only 50% of games to score the plurality of your goals doesn't make sense now, I don't think you ever will be.
    Yeah doesn't make sense.

If we went the LAFC model, this is how it could look like.

Sell Osorio for 1-2 million to LIGA MX.
    Sell Altidore to China for 7 million.
    Let Bradley walk.
    Total fees = 8 million.
    Total monthly recurring salary gone =14 million.
    -
    Bring in Lucas Cavalini, Eduardo Salvio, Hassane Bande.
    Total monthly recurring salary cut in half = 7 million.

-------------------------Lucas Cavalini
    Hassane Bandé——Alejandro Pozuelo ——— Eduardo Salvio

This is the type of speedy winger we need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ezjxlg0cq4

It doesn't have to be these exact players the odds of executing on that is basically zero, but these type of players is how you can realistically build an elite team under MLS rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really believe Re-upping Jozy at the money we did is one of the most short sighted moves we've ever made and I really think it bites us in the ass many times over. Not just the opportunity cost in the short term, but we've 3 of the top 7 earning DPs in the league and we're a mid table side, I think people need to wake up to the fact that if we don't start getting an ROI on these guys MLSE will turn off the tap. We aren't a charity and they won't continue throwing money away for middling outcomes they could get at a fraction of the cost