Page 78 of 118 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Jozy will still score 15 plus goals this year. You guys are out to lunch to think you walk down to South America and pick up that kind of production.
    Unless he gets injured. How many games has he played so far this year? How about last year? We can't afford to use a DP slot on a player who will only play half the season. If he played more than 75% of the games I'd be more inclined to keep him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we first got Jozy I was pissed. Like properly pissed that we were signing a Sunderland reject. Jozy has convinced me that he's decent. Jozy has won my affection for how he plays his football and as a human being. But I'm also not going to kid myself that he's irreplaceable. Especially after watching him play less than half the matches in 4 years at the club. And especially knowing that he's not a rare breed. He's replaceable. It's not like he's a world class player or something. The world is big. There's a lot of strikers out there that would be very good in MLS (and not injured). That's the reality of it for me. Maybe you disagree, and I respect that if you do. But it's a frustrating experience for me to watch this side knowing that it's second best player is constantly injured or on international duty. Having Jozy or a player as good as him for that terrible run we just had would have ended it a lost faster and I think we all know that deep down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what Jozy's number to take this deal would be.

I am guessing $12M.

Lots of not-that-famous guys in China make that. Jiangsu have put that amount on the table in their first move.

Not that hard to imagine them increasing it. Or MLS/TFC might be convinced to take less...
    Last edited by ensco; 07-02-2019 at 06:06 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or Jiangsu may have gone for Jozy on a lowball play. I seriously doubt Jozy is their only potential target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to see Jozy leave and I am a big fan of his when he is on the field.

You just cant afford to have a DP miss half the games in MLS unless it was Messi or Ronaldo because of the lack of depth with a salary cap.

There are better strikers out there available on a free like Daniel Sturridge.

Please Jozy take the offer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether this story is real or not Jozy has to be in total shock with the sudden realization that a high majority of TFC fans want him gone.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Whether this story is real or not Jozy has to be in total shock with the sudden realization that a high majority of TFC fans want him gone.
    It could serve as a motivation to prove them wrong. Jozy's no wallflower.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"High majority" -- sources?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I’m going to have to go with “no source” for this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Jozy is always injured. Getting $10mm for him would be a dream.

For those who continue to stand by Jozy "Mr. Glass" Altidore, I ask why? Do you think his injury problems will improve in his 30s?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High majority of RBP and possibly other SGs do but then there are always a handful of players that everyone always want gone on here. SG forums are an alternate and often ridiculous reality that no player should ever bother even thinking about reading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vince carter gives me hope that somehow jozy can become more durable as he gets older.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    High majority of RBP and possibly other SGs do ....
    Again

SOURCE?

And, no, internet forums & twitter is not evidence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Agreed. Jozy is always injured. Getting $10mm for him would be a dream.

For those who continue to stand by Jozy "Mr. Glass" Altidore, I ask why? Do you think his injury problems will improve in his 30s?
    Because TFC can sell Jozy, and should if the conditions are right...

Except that I have very little confidence in the FO bringing in a competent DP striker. Jozy is a known quantity.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Again

SOURCE?

Social media tends towards the angry and the negative and develops echo chambers. I'd easily believe that the average bum in the seats want him to stay. The people around me really like him.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to all the goals that Mr. Al O'Cation and Mr. Two Weeks From Now will score.

I would rather Ali Curtis and Co. show us who they can bring in for the one or two remaining TAM positions, what other positions they shore up, and how all the players do (incl. OG), before trusting them to sign a proven goal-scoring DP on short notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Again

SOURCE?

The source is my eyes while reading the past few pages. Go count how many pro-Jozy comments there are vs. get him out of here ASAP because he is glass. Twitter and Facebook the same. The talk was about him possibly being upset with negative comments of fans and this is how he would see it (social media). There isn't an official city wide poll or anything to guage a wider range of people on Jozy so suggesting a source on a broad unscientific opinion is a bit out there.

Also, I was alluding to what Oldtimer said. Mostly everything on social media is geared to negativity, especially with supporters.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-02-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to all the goals that Mr. Al O'Cation and Mr. Two Weeks From Now will score.

I would rather Ali Curtis and Co. show us who they can bring in for the one or two remaining TAM positions, what other positions they shore up, and how all the players do (incl. OG), before trusting them to sign a proven goal-scoring DP on short notice.
    Bingo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It could serve as a motivation to prove them wrong. Jozy's no wallflower.
    That would be great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This message board, walking the red comments.
    Let me rephrase, the vast majority of people that commented on these two sites want him gone.

I haven't done a survey of thousand tfc fans. I'll get that done later today
    Last edited by stevep; 07-02-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    And especially knowing that he's not a rare breed. He's replaceable. It's not like he's a world class player or something. The world is big. There's a lot of strikers out there that would be very good in MLS (and not injured). That's the reality of it for me. Maybe you disagree, and I respect that if you do. But it's a frustrating experience for me to watch this side knowing that it's second best player is constantly injured or on international duty. Having Jozy or a player as good as him for that terrible run we just had would have ended it a lost faster and I think we all know that deep down.
    I get what you're saying - yes there are plenty of players of Jozy's quality out there, but how many of them are A) willing to come to TFC and B) will actually give a shit while they're here? For me giving a shit is the big one - we can throw money at decent players but Jozy seems like he genuinely cares about the team, and there's a lot of mercenaries out there who we don't get that with.

For me I'm pretty conflicted on the keep him/sell him question - I love him as a player, and was calling for him to have a banner year this year, but the absences are starting to get to me. I thought we were likely to see a health(ier) Jozy this year and it just doesn't seem to be happening, but I was happy when he renewed.

Edit - for the survey I don't want him gone.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    I get what you're saying - yes there are plenty of players of Jozy's quality out there, but how many of them are A) willing to come to TFC and B) will actually give a shit while they're here? For me giving a shit is the big one - we can throw money at decent players but Jozy seems like he genuinely cares about the team, and there's a lot of mercenaries out there who we don't get that with.

For me I'm pretty conflicted on the keep him/sell him question - I love him as a player, and was calling for him to have a banner year this year, but the absences are starting to get to me. I thought we were likely to see a health(ier) Jozy this year and it just doesn't seem to be happening, but I was happy when he renewed.

Edit - for the survey I don't want him gone.
    FO flowchart:

1. Any USMNT strikers currently abroad with few prospects and likely coming off disasterous adventures or career ending injuries that we can overpay?

2. Any Belgian POTY playing striker in secondary leagues that we can overpay?

3. Any Brazilians/South Americans/Spaniards we can overpay and who will end up as busts?

4. Can we make Janson or Jony a DP? They both start with the letter J and we’ve been hot on their trail for (checks calendar) forever. Maybe Jomar Gonzalez can play there.

5. Let’s pay Wondo $8 million dollars a year. Do you see how many goals he’s scored? He’s MLS tested. USMNT member. He can sky balls into orbit like the rest of the crew. He checks all the boxes!

If VV and Seba leaving caused them this many issues, retaining Jozy and getting him to sign a new contract only to lose him will not go well. It will also add pressure to whatever else we’re trying to sign as we’ll be even more desperate.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    All this hyperventilating about Jozy's injuries. He is still the 5th highest scorer in MLS the last 5 years.

I want Jozy because he may be a flawed hero (what hero isn’t?) but because he is OUR hero.

You don't just replace this this kind of person/player.

People should be concerned about his health.
    If you look at those 5 years - he's only played a full season once. That was our Treble winning year.

That's great that he scores a bunch when he's playing, but if he's only playing 1/3 of season or less - that means we are without a scoring threat for 2/3 of our season. We are pissing away 2/3 of a season worth of scoring chances because the guy we are spending millions on isn't playing. That is an issue.

I get the importance his personality bring. But if he isn't playing or training for 1/3 of a season, then that point is moot.
    If he's only scoring boatloads in 1/3 of our games, then it doesn't matter that he's 5th highest scorer in the past 5 years.

I wouldn't want to get rid of him, but as a DP - 1 of only 3 on a team - it's critical to have a guy like this playing more than 1/3 of the teams games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So where new signings as promised?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Two weeks away. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    People should be concerned about his health.
    If you look at those 5 years - he's only played a full season once. That was our Treble winning year.

That's great that he scores a bunch when he's playing, but if he's only playing 1/3 of season or less - that means we are without a scoring threat for 2/3 of our season. We are pissing away 2/3 of a season worth of scoring chances because the guy we are spending millions on isn't playing. That is an issue.

I get the importance his personality bring. But if he isn't playing or training for 1/3 of a season, then that point is moot.
    If he's only scoring boatloads in 1/3 of our games, then it doesn't matter that he's 5th highest scorer in the past 5 years.

I wouldn't want to get rid of him, but as a DP - 1 of only 3 on a team - it's critical to have a guy like this playing more than 1/3 of the teams games.
    And if, in their infinite wisdom, the FO brings in someone less productive but who plays every game?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    And if, in their infinite wisdom, the FO brings in someone less productive but who plays every game?
    And if, in their infinite wisdom, the FO keeps Jozy and he continues to only play 1/3 of a season?

You can ask the hypothetical question on both angles. Both have relevant causes for concern.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Window to bring in not open until the 5th - you can presign a transfer in and out but can't physically sign until Friday.

FWIW, the lowest amount of appearances Jozy has had in a season for us is 13 last year - so the only 1/3 of a season thing is a bit much.

2015 25
    2016 23
    2017 27
    2018 13
    2019 9 (out of 18 when they get back from USMNT duty)
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-02-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    And if, in their infinite wisdom, the FO keeps Jozy and he continues to only play 1/3 of a season?

You can ask the hypothetical question on both angles. Both have relevant causes for concern.
    If he’s ever played 1/3 of a season, we already know what his contribution is. It isn’t really entirely hypothetical if we can look at his past seasons and extrapolate from there.

That’s why I said he’s a known quantity.

If we have to sign a DP striker on short notice you are extremely limited by what is available, who would come here, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    If he’s ever played 1/3 of a season, we already know what his contribution is. It isn’t really entirely hypothetical if we can look at his past seasons and extrapolate from there.

That’s why I said he’s a known quantity.

If we have to sign a DP striker on short notice you are extremely limited by what is available, who would come here, etc.
    If he was sold then it would be almost better to wait until the winter window unless they have tabs on someone already. I think this is nothing though. He is going nowhere.