Page 48 of 118 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Moor's situation is starting to feel a bit like Caldwell. I hope not.
    Me too. He has been a rock for us. He, Morrow and Beita coming in made an enormous difference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moor's situation is starting to feel a bit like Caldwell. I hope not.
    On the coyr podcast they called moor a big game player not an everyday player. That makes sense have him play 15 games or so and make sure he's ok for the playoffs and Canadian championship finals. He's going to retire at the end of the year imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    On the coyr podcast they called moor a big game player not an everyday player. That makes sense have him play 15 games or so and make sure he's ok for the playoffs and Canadian championship finals. He's going to retire at the end of the year imo.
    More so Moor picking up muscle injury's as recovers from other muscle injury's. Similar to Caldwell that year he retired IIRC.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 05-03-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    I really do miss what Cheyrou brought to this team...his contribution in that championship year is always overlooked.
    His name is on the back of my TFC jersey... it was not just his considerable offensive awareness. I used to say out loud in section 220, when Cheyrou would come on late in a game, watch for the yellow card. He knew when, where and who to crunch. Pozuelo would be free of a percentage of fouls if TFC had a player who came in with a little retribution in mind...
    subtle, but important....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking more on Omar: we’ve been beaten in the air in the box for quite a few goals this year. His height should really help that.

Also I don’t think we have ever had a guy with the ability to score in the air off set pieces in the history of this team. Would be great to have someone who is a legitimate goal threat off corners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlas fans seem to be happy he's leaving

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see that as happy he is leaving. What are you reading into this that I am not? Doesn't it just say goodbye and good luck in MLS? I said that when Beita left for LAFC. Didn't mean at all that I was happy to see him go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I don't see that as happy he is leaving. What are you reading into this that I am not? Doesn't it just say goodbye and good luck in MLS? I said that when Beita left for LAFC. Didn't mean at all that I was happy to see him go.
    But they put the jersey on a tree.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But they put the jersey on a tree.
    That is why I was asking. I don't get that reference. Just looks like a jersey with a tree background. Maybe you can explain to me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would guess he is tall like a tree and not very mobile.lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is why I was asking. I don't get that reference. Just looks like a jersey with a tree background. Maybe you can explain to me?
    Too funny. Maybe it's their version of a pylon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mexican fans refer to shit players as "Troncos". So trunk as in tree trunk

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mexican fans refer to shit players as "Troncos". So trunk as in tree trunk
    Ahhh ok that makes more sense then. Thanks. Learn something new every day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    Maybe The Douces? Or are we getting rid of one of our current keepers? I don't see us rolling 3 gks
    I was thinking about this. Maybe.

There would be some market for Bono as he is American and won the treble as the #1. Could be one of the pieces for these inter league trades we've apparently looked into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about this. Maybe.

There would be some market for Bono as he is American and won the treble as the #1. Could be one of the pieces for these inter league trades we've apparently looked into.
    Would be crazy to trade Bono now unless the return is a Julian Gressel type of player, and even then not sure I would advise that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think we need to can Conway. Something is up with our GK situation. Every keeper we've had since he has been the GK coach has gotten worse in almost all facets. Irwin got worse and so has Bono after his 2017 upswing. There has to be something to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Too funny. Maybe it's their version of a pylon!
    Or their version of Dion Phaneuf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Thinking more on Omar: we’ve been beaten in the air in the box for quite a few goals this year. His height should really help that.

Also I don’t think we have ever had a guy with the ability to score in the air off set pieces in the history of this team. Would be great to have someone who is a legitimate goal threat off corners.
    Nick. Hagglund.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Would be crazy to trade Bono now unless the return is a Julian Gressel type of player, and even then not sure I would advise that.
    bono has been the worst keeper in the league the last 40 games or so..i would take gressel in a heartbeat for bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    bono has been the worst keeper in the league the last 40 games or so..i would take gressel in a heartbeat for bono.
    This is exaggerated but I see what you're getting at. The counter to this - see Stefan Frei. The potential is clearly there for Bono and it would be irresponsible to think he's past it and will never return to form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exaggerated but I see what you're getting at. The counter to this - see Stefan Frei. The potential is clearly there for Bono and it would be irresponsible to think he's past it and will never return to form.
    i get that..but bono distribution is awful.i dont think you can teach that.you have good feet or you dont.he can also become the next bendik.i dont think they will move him,he seems to be one of vanneys favs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Return to form here though? It took a different team to bring out Frei's greatness. From what I have seen with our GKs, a return to form is questionable but to actually improve the holes in his game? Doubtful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Nick. Hagglund.
    He got the odd one but wasn’t consistent. Not as strong as Omar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OG would improve our defense and hopefully wouldn’t be expensive. Is he the best CB in the world? No. However, he’s tall, domestic, and only 30. He probably has some chemistry with Bradley and the rest of the USMNT crew. He’s better than Zavaleta and probably Ciman. Moor is injured again and will probably retire soon, and could be gone the whole season again.

The window is almost over and we have no one incoming from the look of things. If we have to wait for summer to even make any improvements to the front end of the team, bringing in some help for the defense isn’t the worst possible idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Honestly, at this point, just show us, don't tell us.
    Yup. Done with this merry-go-round of bs from the FO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i get that..but bono distribution is awful.i dont think you can teach that.you have good feet or you dont.he can also become the next bendik.i dont think they will move him,he seems to be one of vanneys favs.
    Bono's distribution (along with his decisiveness) have been the biggest regressions in his game. There was a time a couple of years ago and early last year where I'd actually be impressed by his ability to play the ball. Not anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More so Moor picking up muscle injury's as recovers from other muscle injury's. Similar to Caldwell that year he retired IIRC.
    Only issue there is Caldwell refused to say die, took up cap space we could have used. Hoping that Moor doesn't do the same

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Only issue there is Caldwell refused to say die, took up cap space we could have used. Hoping that Moor doesn't do the same
    Right. If he doesn’t come back and perform well for the majority of the season it’s the same story.

Moor is a great guy and did amazing things here, but he’s not a Hernandez couple of games if needed FO job guy right now (and Hernandez was pretty bad the few times he did play).

I have a feeling they knew Moor would be out a lot this season and signed Ciman not knowing that the Belgian version of “the general” was not the same kind of defender as Moor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Return to form here though? It took a different team to bring out Frei's greatness. From what I have seen with our GKs, a return to form is questionable but to actually improve the holes in his game? Doubtful.
    Wasn't Frei's situation a bit different in that they thought they had a wealth of goal tending at the time and Frei was coming off injury and had the biggest salary. I don't remember Frei leaving as a project just that at the time the club thought Bendik was the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t mind if he’s not an elite CB as long as he’s not brought in here to be elite. With MLS rules you can’t sign 20 high level elite players anyways (1-2 million +)

You pay 30 million for Pozuelo you’re going to get quality, you pay 6 figures for a CB we aren’t getting a top level talent.

If Omar is a depth guy, great. If he’s brought here to be the main stay, we are in trouble.

I’m hoping that he’s a Ciman/Moor replacement (veteran squad rotation player for MLS games) that makes 500-600 k and we bring in at least one elite CB for the start of next season. This would mean our new CB and Mavinga would handle Liga MX and Omar and Zavaleta for MLS or low importance fixtures

I’m in the camp that this is a re-tool year anyways and anything magical from it is just a bonus. My eyes are set on only CCL.

Omar is not the answer for winning a CCL title. Tigres or top MLS/MX teams are probable to torch him

So basically the numbers and intention on how to use him is the key. Omar for 900 k - 1 million as the “guy” to lead the CB would be a nightmare. 500 k as a backup would be alright
    Last edited by Defoe; 05-04-2019 at 02:22 AM.