Page 99 of 110 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 3286
  1. #2941
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,664
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Came on here to look for the Terrence Boyd appreciation thread...

    Seriously though, too bad it didn't work out. Seems like a very nice guy.

  2. #2942
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,530
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Came on here to look for the Terrence Boyd appreciation thread...

    Seriously though, too bad it didn't work out. Seems like a very nice guy.
    Bit shit people were so rude to him on Twitter, clearly wanted to contribute

  3. #2943
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,664
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Bit shit people were so rude to him on Twitter, clearly wanted to contribute
    Seriously? I hadn't seen that yet, that sucks!

  4. #2944
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,197
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Seriously? I hadn't seen that yet, that sucks!
    Yeah he had to stop posting anything. He couldn't even write ' great win boys!' without a dozen or more comments that he was shit and should GTFO followed by some Vanney out stuff. All because a lot of really stupid people thought/think that he was Giovinco's replacement.

  5. #2945
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,646
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice guy, family man, worked hard - just not at this level anymore (ACL injury can do that). Wish him well finding his level.


    **************

    This might be the time to remember that we have a forward out on loan with Phoenix by the name of Jon Bakero who has 3 goals and 2 assists in his 13 games played (1000 minutes). He's starting down there. I suspect he will be back up next season fighting with Akinola & somebody else for the #2 spot. i.e. Yes, his Dad was a legend but he's not a bad option for training camp.

    Long term, there was no spot for Boyd.

  6. #2946
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Re: Anti Boyd comments on Social Media, we have to remember that if the conversation were face to face most people would be more civilized, but in the age of Social Media people feel that they can hide behind a screen and be as uncivilized and malicious and bullies, it really is disgraceful what people post. Good luck to Boyd, just didn't work out here in Toronto.

  7. #2947
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nice guy, family man, worked hard - just not at this level anymore (ACL injury can do that). Wish him well finding his level.


    **************

    This might be the time to remember that we have a forward out on loan with Phoenix by the name of Jon Bakero who has 3 goals and 2 assists in his 13 games played (1000 minutes). He's starting down there. I suspect he will be back up next season fighting with Akinola & somebody else for the #2 spot. i.e. Yes, his Dad was a legend but he's not a bad option for training camp.

    Long term, there was no spot for Boyd.
    There are better 9s on tfc2 than bakero.

  8. #2948
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Re: Anti Boyd comments on Social Media, we have to remember that if the conversation were face to face most people would be more civilized, but in the age of Social Media people feel that they can hide behind a screen and be as uncivilized and malicious and bullies, it really is disgraceful what people post. Good luck to Boyd, just didn't work out here in Toronto.
    ABSOLUTELY, in both counts!

  9. #2949
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    There are better 9s on tfc2 than bakero.
    Bakero isn't a 9.

    Below is what a Rising fan told me about him last week

    Last edited by Areathrasher; 07-26-2019 at 08:40 AM.

  10. #2950
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,426
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Bit shit people were so rude to him on Twitter, clearly wanted to contribute
    yah, he doesn't deserve the treatment.
    He put in the work
    The mistake is on Curtis. Should have never been signed. Hes not what we needed

  11. #2951
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,426
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Re: Anti Boyd comments on Social Media, we have to remember that if the conversation were face to face most people would be more civilized, but in the age of Social Media people feel that they can hide behind a screen and be as uncivilized and malicious and bullies, it really is disgraceful what people post. Good luck to Boyd, just didn't work out here in Toronto.
    face to face, Boyd would eat them for breakfast. hes a big fit dude, i wouldn't mess with him

  12. #2952
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    face to face, Boyd would eat them for breakfast. hes a big fit dude, i wouldn't mess with him
    Social media is a non-stop circlejerk of idiocy, especially somewhere as degenerate and reactionary as Twitter.

    On the flip side, if you’re a public personality and are offended by a bunch of drooling trolls then you may need to develop a thicker skin. It’s just the nature of the business, and football “fans” and “supporters” (and even “media”) are some of the worst on the planet, knuckles raw and bloody from years of dragging them across mom’s basement carpet.

    Boyd is a nice guy in person, and by all means seems to have gotten along well with the team. It was a mistake that should have never happened, but Boyd is a solid human being despite not being much of a footballer. Best of luck to him; he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders, so hopefully he’s made enough connections while here and overseas to transition off the pitch into a lifelong career in something that makes him and his family happy.

    That said, I’m sure he wouldn’t do anything if confronted by fans, because: 1) he’s not an idiot who wants to be arrested for doing something stupid, 2) he’s a laid back, chill dude.

  13. #2953
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    10,999
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, clearly it didn’t work out but shame on anyone who wants to take shots at him personally.

    Just not playing at a MLS level at this stage of his career.

  14. #2954
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 119
    Posts
    11,499
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Twitter is a cesspool nowadays.

  15. #2955
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,646
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Bakero isn't a 9.

    Below is what a Rising fan told me about him last week

    So an Oso replacement - hmmmmm

  16. #2956
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So an Oso replacement - hmmmmm
    Hello no, do you guys remember how bad he was last year? If hes playing Pozuelo position he would barely play if at all. Chapman is ahead of him at this point.

  17. #2957
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,646
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Hello no, do you guys remember how bad he was last year? If hes playing Pozuelo position he would barely play if at all. Chapman is ahead of him at this point.
    Last year is not this year - that's why people go on loan.

    By replacement, I meant more sub/injury/away on NT duty for Osorio.

    And the plan with the 4-3-3 is to play Bradley/Fraser deep and then have Osorio & Pozo as attacking mids making deep lying runs.

  18. #2958
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Last year is not this year - that's why people go on loan.

    By replacement, I meant more sub/injury/away on NT duty for Osorio.

    And the plan with the 4-3-3 is to play Bradley/Fraser deep and then have Osorio & Pozo as attacking mids making deep lying runs.
    Who knows if Vanney will even be around next year. They haven’t even played a 4-3-3 with just Bradley-Pos and Oso midfield either. It’s usually a 4-2-3-1 with Oso on the wing.

  19. #2959
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Or a 4-1-4-1 with Fraser all by himself....

  20. #2960
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bojan available. Two MLS sides pursuing. I believe New England was once after him.

  21. #2961
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Bojan available. Two MLS sides pursuing. I believe New England was once after him.
    If Westburg wasn’t doing so well on a cheap contract I would be interested.

  22. #2962
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    If Westburg wasn’t doing so well on a cheap contract I would be interested.
    Ummm....aren't we talking about Bojan Krkic of Stoke?

  23. #2963
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Ummm....aren't we talking about Bojan Krkic of Stoke?
    Haha yes

  24. #2964
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Haha yes
    It might need to be explained to me how Westburg enters into the equation of whether we'd be interested...

  25. #2965
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It might need to be explained to me how Westburg enters into the equation of whether we'd be interested...
    Probably mistook Bojan for Borjan

  26. #2966
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Probably mistook Bojan for Borjan
    Right. I kinda forgot about him.

  27. #2967
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,197
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Bojan available. Two MLS sides pursuing. I believe New England was once after him.
    I am totally unsure about him. He's always been a mystery. He could come here and be the next Vela or another Boyd. No way to know until someone tries.

  28. #2968
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Right. I kinda forgot about him.
    Lol my bad.

  29. #2969
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,263
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We have gone from en fuego with non DP guys from Europe (Ricketts, Hasler, Mavinga, VV of course) to ice cold (vdW, Aketxe, Boyd).

    Has anyone in the league been worse at this in 2018-19? It's not even close I think...
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  30. #2970
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We have gone from en fuego with non DP guys from Europe (Ricketts, Hasler, Mavinga, VV of course) to ice cold (vdW, Aketxe, Boyd).

    Has anyone in the league been worse at this in 2018-19? It's not even close I think...
    Add Cheyrou to the list of hits. And yeah, I doubt it.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •