Page 101 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3511
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Chapman isn’t “done”. It was only three or four weeks ago that Vanney was praising him and he was first off the bench, and playing well when used correctly to minimize his weaknesses and maximize his strengths.
    I think he has reached his pinnacle though and his level is supplemental roster MLS or maybe starter CPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone in the midfield has to move. Ensco made this point a long time ago and the options are Marky, Oso and Deleon.

Chapman isn’t “done”. It was only three or four weeks ago that Vanney was praising him and he was first off the bench, and playing well when used correctly to minimize his weaknesses and maximize his strengths.

A couple of posts above someone mentioned VdW taking on Zlatan. Good for him. Teller of truth.
    we'll see, i feel chapman is done for 2019. Endoh has or will surpass him as the fringe bench warmer, as good or better of a shot with a better engine

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boyd officially gone. Posted goodbye and thank you on Twitter and new pics with new club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone in the midfield has to move. Ensco made this point a long time ago and the options are Marky, Oso and Deleon.

A couple of posts above someone mentioned VdW taking on Zlatan. Good for him. Teller of truth.
    If we’re playing what-ifs and those are the three players, then Osorio would be going. Attacking midfielder who plays more on the left and has been used as a winger... De Leon is versatile and could sit, Marky offers a defensive upside, but Osorio basically plays the same role.

Don’t see us moving Osorio. He hasn’t really had a chance to prove himself this season, but in the event he can’t replicate last year’s form no one is going to want him on that salary, especially as a Canadian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depth move.
    Hilarious comment on one of the French sites. To paraphrase: "cool for him; he will be able to discover the internet and electricity" Someone is not a fan of rural France.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if it would have all been different for him if he'd scored that penalty....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Wonder if it would have all been different for him if he'd scored that penalty....
    No. He was just bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Letelegramme: https://www.letelegramme.fr/football...9-12350237.php

The 28-year-old offensive midfielder could make his Toronto debut on Sunday against New York.

This has moved really quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post

The 28-year-old offensive midfielder could make his Toronto debut on Sunday against New York.

That appears to be an interview with the player where he confirms the move himself. (most of the article is behind a paywall)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

That appears to be an interview with the player where he confirms the move himself. (most of the article is behind a paywall)
    I have access; I can post a summary after I read it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I have access; I can post a summary after I read it.
    Nice one. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if he's a Vanney guy given the French connection?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe cheyrou gave some insight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post

Here's my Google Translate pull:

Q:Joining MLS is an idea that you had in your head for a long time or an opportunity that was offered?
    A:The opportunity came and it seduced me. I had some proposals but the MLS made me want. I wanted to discover something other than France, another country, another culture, another football. I did not hesitate. Especially since I've been told a lot of good things about Toronto. It's a change of life ... I go from everything to everything from a city of 7,000 to a metropolis of several million inhabitants. It's not the same ... But I can not wait. They want me to play on Sunday (there are eleven days left before the end of the championship) and I just want to be there already. Especially since it's been a long time since I did not play. I trained with the En Avant reserve, I played friendlies, but it has nothing to do with the competition.

Q: Do not we fear, starting so far, to disappear from the circuit?
    A: Yes and no. I'm 28, I know what I can do. I showed it with Guingamp when I played. On the contrary, I think that MLS can allow me to bounce back. We had the feeling that your story with Guingamp was over for several months ... It was over since the arrival of Jocelyn Gourvennec, unfortunately. And it's been a few months since it was over in my head. In addition, there was the descent, which reinforced my desire to leave. The injury that lasted a year and a half, my problem with Jocelyn Gourvennec, the final lost, the descent in Ligue 2 ... There has been more bad than good, and it's a shame.

Q: Why did not it work with Jocelyn Gourvennec?
    A: I think it's an incompatibility of personalities. It was the same as during his first visit, where it did not go well for several reasons. When he came back, I knew very well that it would not work for me. As soon as he could put me on the side, he did it. And since the Bretons are stubborn ...

Q: You are also a player outside the box, with great freedom of tone, especially on social networks. Is not that what played tricks on you?
    A: If your player removes his side "footballer" on social networks but in the field it is irreproachable, I do not see why you must put it aside. Before the dismissal of Antoine Kombouaré, even if the results were not good, I did the job. And then I go from one of the best to the least, until I do not play anymore. For me, the excuse of social networks, they are c ..., it's just that humanly, it did not work.

Q: And with Antoine Kombouaré?
    A: I have an excellent memory of it. He is someone extraordinary. He had the courage to tell me that he no longer needed my services and that he wanted me to leave two years ago. I told him that I was going to prove him wrong and that he would make me play. That's what happened. But beyond that, I think that all the players would have wanted to have a coach like him on a human level.

Q: What will you keep of your four seasons spent in Guingamp?
    A: The region, the inhabitants ... They are simple and humble people who have been adorable with me. I would like to thank them and tell them that I really enjoyed myself here. In terms of football, there were unfortunately a lot of negative points. My injury that lasted a year and a half, my problem with Jocelyn Gourvennec, the lost final, the descent in Ligue 2 ... There has been more bad than good, and it's a shame. The positive is the meetings. I keep real friends.

He seems to have a strong social media presence and has been replying to a few tweets about making the move to TFC: https://twitter.com/NicolasBenezet/with_replies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's looking like Bono, Zavaleta and sloppy seconds Chapman are more focused on the dumb pussy Toronto offers instead of focusing on being better footballers. It's been showing in their demeanor and play for quite some time....These 3 need to be smacked into shape or shipped out...leaning on the latter...I'm not sure if Osorio has joined their slack party or not, but these 3 are not focused anymore...that is what I see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one. Cheers
    Here’s my two minute phone translation:

Interviewer: Have you had a move to MLS in mind for a while now, or was it just an opportunity that presented itself

Nicolas B.: An opportunity presented itself and I was seduced by it. I had some other offers, but I wanted to join MLS. I wanted to discover something other than France, a new country, another type of football. I didn’t hesitate, especially because they said a lot of good things about Toronto.

I: It’s a change of life.

NB: It’s a big change. I’m going from a town of 7,000 souls to a metropolis of many millions of inhabitants. It’s not the same, but I’m excited. They want me to start Sunday (he had 11 days of rest after the end of the season) and the only thing I want is to already be over there. Especially because I haven’t played in a while. I was training with the reserves of Guingamp, I played in friendlies, but that has nothing to do with the competition.

I: Don’t you worry that, in moving so far away, that you’ll be out of mind

NB: yes and no. I’m 28, and I know what I’m capable of. I showed it with Guingamp when I played. Actually, I think MLS can help me bounce back.

I: We got the feeling your story at Guingamp has been done for several months now…

NB: Unfortunately, it was finished with the arrival of Jocelyn Gourvennec (the coach). I’ve been done mentally for a few months. Moreover, Guingamp was relegated, reinforcing my departure.

With an injury that lasted a year and a half, my problem with Gourvennec, the lost final (this is the Cup final), the relegation to Ligue 2… There was more bad than good, and that sucks.

I: Why didn’t it work out with Gourvennec

NB: I think it was a clash of personalities. It was the same thing the first time, where we didn’t get along for numerous reasons. With the return of Gourvennec, I knew it wouldn’t turn out well for me. As soon as I could be sidelined, I was. And you know that Bretons are stubborn.

I: Was it social media that caused problems

NB: If your player removes the “footballer” from his social media but you can’t find fault in his performance, I don’t see why you’d sit him. Before the sacking of Kombouare, even if the results weren’t good, I worked hard. After, I went from being one of the best to the worst, and then to not playing. For me, the excuse of social media, that’s dumb; it’s just that from a human perspective, it didn’t work.

I: And with Kombouare

NB: I have good memories. He’s someone extraordinary, and he had the courage to tell me that the no longer required my services and that he wanted me to leave two ears ago. I responded that I would prove that the opposite is true, and that he would play me. That’s what happened. But other than that, I think all the players would have wanted a coach like him at the human level.

I: What will you remember from our four seasons at Guingamp

NB: (I loved those cute and humble farmers, but not all the bad stuff I just talked about.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    It's looking like Bono, Zavaleta and sloppy seconds Chapman are more focused on the dumb pussy Toronto offers instead of focusing on being better footballers. It's been showing in their demeanor and play for quite some time....These 3 need to be smacked into shape or shipped out...leaning on the latter...I'm not sure if Osorio has joined their slack party or not, but these 3 are not focused anymore...that is what I see...
    Zavs is cheating on his wife?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guys deep diving Mavinga’s Twitter are going to have a field day with Nico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official:

NEWS | Toronto FC has mutually agreed to part ways with forward Terrence Boyd.

Last edited by kuku; 07-29-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    we'll see, i feel chapman is done for 2019. Endoh has or will surpass him as the fringe bench warmer, as good or better of a shot with a better engine
    Ah. You may be right there. Not for developmental reasons, but tactical. Endoh has earned a place. And since Gallardo is not fated to play for us - “two weeks” - should get lots of Playing time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahah Toronto FC Source: we like the player but nothing's happening yet.

Nico Benezet on Twitter: @TorontoFC See you tomorrow bro

I like this guy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah. You may be right there. Not for developmental reasons, but tactical. Endoh has earned a place. And since Gallardo is not fated to play for us - “two weeks” - should get lots of Playing time
    Gallardo supposed to be in the line up this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    maybe cheyrou gave some insight
    Oddly enough, the two played against each other ages ago for Evian and Marseille.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benezat tweeted he is coming tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Gallardo supposed to be in the line up this weekend.
    No. Two weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Two weeks
    Are these the “two weeks” prior to signing him, or the two weeks after his first muscular injury during his first training session here?

Edit: I’d like to see the press release as to who was involved in signing Nico. Doesn’t seem like a Curtis signing. Sounds more like a Vanney French connection with a player who is a bit down and out, and the relegation fire sale allowed them to get him in budget.
    Last edited by stegosaurus; 07-29-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Are these the “two weeks” prior to signing him, or the two weeks after his first muscular injury during his first training session here?

Edit: I’d like to see the press release as to who was involved in signing Nico. Doesn’t seem like a Curtis signing. Sounds more like a Vanney French connection with a player who is a bit down and out, and the relegation fire sale allowed them to get him in budget.
    Jerome Meary will be involved as per usual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerome Meary will be involved as per usual
    Yep, for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Two weeks
    Every time I hear 'two weeks' I am always reminded of this clip from 'Total Recall.'

https://youtu.be/XY5KTVA_2ys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

official, per Kristian Jack's twitter