Page 1 of 112 123451151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC 2019 player in-season moves/speculation/rumours [Seba-free zone from page 74 on]

TFC 2019 player in-season moves/speculation/rumours
    Post your speculation/information/etc. here in this thread!

Confirmed (by traditional media or the club) signings can get a separate single thread. All other "inside" and other information goes here.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy - check
    DP AM - check
    Bradley extension - ?
    TAM winger - ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Junior Hoilett wasn't even on the bench for Cardiff today and I can't find anything about injury. He seems to have been permanently glued to the bench recently too. Cardiff in the relegation zone and lost today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t see a world where we could sign him as a TAM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I don’t see a world where we could sign him as a TAM.
    Maybe next year if the rules change enough. Could gamble on him for half this year (half cap hit) and hope the rules change enough for him to fit with the new CBA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Maybe next year if the rules change enough. Could gamble on him for half this year (half cap hit) and hope the rules change enough for him to fit with the new CBA.
    Maybe we could get him on loan. Then purchase him next year when Bradley comes off the books as a DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone hear KJ on the TFC pre game? He said if TFC don’t get a TAM winger, they might buy down a DP in May, and get another DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Did anyone hear KJ on the TFC pre game? He said if TFC don’t get a TAM winger, they might buy down a DP in May, and get another DP
    It would have to be Bradley then no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still dont get the direction this front office is going on day 1 of opening season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So anyone catch the rumour info that TFC was in talks with Quaresma, but denied the offer because he wanted 3mil/yr? I feel Toronto needs any big name at this point..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    It would have to be Bradley then no?
    Yep could see it. He's only getting older (we're trying not to dp older dudes), has been paid quite well and I'm sure he'd take a cut. He's quite invested in the team

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    So anyone catch the rumour info that TFC was in talks with Quaresma, but denied the offer because he wanted 3mil/yr? I feel Toronto needs any big name at this point..
    Never gonna happen. Also we don't need a big name imo we need game changers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How could they buy down Bradley? He makes 6 million?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    They can't, no way unless some weird MLS restructuring comes into play, who knows. But truth be told he simply makes way too much to buy down to a TAM level.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if spending some of that TAM on a DM makes sense. We could push Bradley into the Delgado role to let him do the hustling, and let Pozuelo pull the strings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to the TAM winger we need a second striker - TAM level. Not clear to me that Boyd is going to make it...he looks huge...as in out of shape huge. Which isn't a surprise since he has barely played in several years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    If we want to hire a flop we’ll hire a younger flop. He’s 35, a lifelong flop, and has a bad attitude. He’s only a big name because of how much of a failure he is.

If TFC made an inquiry at Besiktas it was for Larin or less likely Atiba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching Bradley today, I'll repeat what I said a while back: TFC should look for a quality CDM to let Bradley play a little higher / give him some time off.

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    If we want to hire a flop we’ll hire a younger flop. He’s 35, a lifelong flop, and has a bad attitude. He’s only a big name because of how much of a failure he is.
    Ouch, that's my second all-time favourite player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    After watching Bradley today, I'll repeat what I said a while back: TFC should look for a quality CDM to let Bradley play a little higher / give him some time off.

Was it you who pointed out he had all those goals in the Netherlands? 16 to be exact in the 2007/2008 season with Heerenveen. Eredivisie is a similar quality league to MLS

He's a far better playmaker and decision maker then Osorio. Finishing and calmly powering that ball into the net is a serious skill. I wouldn't even be against trying him at CAM when Pozuelo is away and or if he gets injured in the future.

6.5 million on a defensive midfielder is ludicrous. With Ciman/Moor we should be able to play Bradley higher up the pitch. I agree with you. Seems like we have seriously under used him all these years now that I think about it. It's not like he's a game changer DM with blazing speed back there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

It’s true. I’m sure the Portuguese community would love to have him here, just like North African French would love to have Ben Arfa here (at least he’s younger), or our hospitals would love to have Diaby (or our vacuum salesmen would love to have American Pele).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Have him extend a contract at a lower wage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy and Poz should be a big boost to the team when they play....and 2 quality TAM players should make us contenders.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need more TAM rumours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Yes pls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could just randomly start some. That would be fun too.

But on a serious note, let's discuss the vdW situation. I have a feeling that if anyone else in the league actually wanted him and was willing to pay his salary he'd have been gone by now. I think he's just going to be too difficult to move within the league.

So what do we do with him? Make him apologise and bring him back? Try to buy him out (but then how much of that counts against the cap)? Let him sit around until the summer then try to offload him to Europe?
    Last edited by James17930; 03-04-2019 at 01:36 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently the Quaresma rumour won't die yet from some radio host from Montreal.

Last edited by DinamoTFC; 03-04-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently the Quaresma rumour won't die yet from some radio host from Montreal.

It won't be 3 million per year for obvious reasons. MLS is not in a position where they need to or should be over paying for older veterans and it's beautiful. If anything, we are getting to the point where players will take less money to play in MLS rather then LIGA MX, China, Saudri Arabia or even Turkey etc. Our culture allows people to adapt much more easier and the quality/life style is as good or better. If he comes, it would be something like a 2 year deal and Victor Vazquez money. Something like 3.2 million total = 1.6 million per is probably what was offered if they even spoke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    It won't be 3 million per year for obvious reasons. MLS is not in a position where they need to or should be over paying for older veterans and it's beautiful. If anything, we are getting to the point where players will take less money to play in MLS rather then LIGA MX, China, Saudri Arabia or even Turkey etc. Our culture allows people to adapt much more easier and the quality/life style is as good or better. If he comes, it would be something like a 2 year deal and Victor Vazquez money. Something like 3.2 million total = 1.6 million per is probably what was offered if they even spoke.
    Pass. He turns 36 this season.

They need to sign Franco fragapana, young left winger from Argentina. Could be had for free on a tam deal in June.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/franco...spieler/226005

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning got up in front of a hundred people 10 days ago and said they didn’t spend enough time on character previously, that's his number one lesson from previous transfer misses.

So we know this, even if random people on a Montreal radio station that get whispered things by agents trying to work a market, don’t

Manning is not bringing in Quaresma, even if Quaresma would play for $300K, let alone $3M!!!!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole team needs to step up this year, and glad to see Jozy resigned, and Pozuelo coming in, just a few more signings and we should be good, I like what I see in DeLeon
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-04-2019 at 09:30 AM.