Page 27 of 118 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only ever seen him play against us, looked good against us although wasn't hard not to. Preferred the other lad they had to be honest can't remember his name. I'm sure they've scouted him more extensively than 1 decent game v us if they are genuinely interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Only ever seen him play against us, looked good against us although wasn't hard not to. Preferred the other lad they had to be honest can't remember his name. I'm sure they've scouted him more extensively than 1 decent game v us if they are genuinely interested.
    Romeesh Ivey was their left wing who destroyed us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    The only thing is TFC FO always says that when they dont want info out. So we will never know until deal is done unless we hear it from Panamanian journalists.
    The thing that makes this interesting for me is the fact that TFC said Curtis was heading south to sign a player likely this week so timing and location fits the bill with that info. If it wasn't for that I would brush this off like any other rumour. Because of that info I think it is plausible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is discovery rights still a thing in MLS or is that an older MLS thing? Haven't heard it talked about on the MLS website in a long time when it comes to transfers and whatnot. I am assuming if these guys didn't have their discovery rights locked up before the CCL they did after.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning said we had to pay somebody for Pozuelo's discovery rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Manning said we had to pay somebody for Pozuelo's discovery rights.
    Well he didn't say pay just that someone else had them.

If they had paid the 50k GAM it would have likely been in the press release and the team that had his rights would have announced getting some funny money.

My guess is that given the other team likely wasn't in a position to put up a 10M transfer fee they waived their discovery claim on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Well he didn't say pay just that someone else had them.

If they had paid the 50k GAM it would have likely been in the press release and the team that had his rights would have announced getting some funny money.

My guess is that given the other team likely wasn't in a position to put up a 10M transfer fee they waived their discovery claim on him.
    Is that even possible? What team would give up free money for discovery rights?

You don’t need to sign a player on your discovery list if they come to the league, you just give up the rights for Garberbux.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or didn't want to pay it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Is that even possible? What team would give up free money for discovery rights?

You don’t need to sign a player on your discovery list if they come to the league, you just give up the rights for Garberbux.
    Philly had Zlatans rights. Pretty sure they didn't get anything when he signed for the Galaxy

And from my recollection it's not that you want to sign them to get the GAM but be willing or able to match the offer for the dispute resolution process to start and end up getting the GAM.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 04-05-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly had Zlatans rights. Pretty sure they didn't get anything when he signed for the Galaxy

And from my recollection it's not that you want to sign them to get the GAM but be willing or able to match the offer for the dispute resolution process to start and end up getting the GAM.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comment...very_claim_on/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough.

Second point still stands though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough.

Second point still stands though.
    It just doesn’t make much sense. If someone has him on their discovery list it’s basically free money. The player isn’t going to go to some random team who hadn’t been involved in his transfer, every team has money to some extent, and every team would want to monetarily benefit from made up MLS rules, even if it is only $50k of Garberbux.

Discovery list doesn’t work like allocation order, and honestly I think MLS has been avoiding or downplaying the discovery thing because it’s absolutely ridiculous and laughable. Haven’t seen much on the radar about “discovery” rights for a while now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Romeesh Ivey was their left wing who destroyed us.
    Yup that's the one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    It just doesn’t make much sense. If someone has him on their discovery list it’s basically free money. The player isn’t going to go to some random team who hadn’t been involved in his transfer, every team has money to some extent, and every team would want to monetarily benefit from made up MLS rules, even if it is only $50k of Garberbux.

Discovery list doesn’t work like allocation order, and honestly I think MLS has been avoiding or downplaying the discovery thing because it’s absolutely ridiculous and laughable. Haven’t seen much on the radar about “discovery” rights for a while now...
    You dont just get the 50k GAM because you have the player on your discovery list. There has to be intent and ability to sign the player. The dispute resolution process has been in the rule book for like three years and so teams dont sit on rights.

If Toronto have a player on their discovery list and Portland want to sign him. He's gonna cost 500k total a year between fee and wages. Portland have the means and intent. TFC clearly have the ability and intent to match. Portland send the 50K GAM to TFC to seal the deal.

Atlanta have a young south american player on their discovery list. Seattle want to sign him and have agreed a 5M fee with the SA club. Player wants to come to Seattle. Atlanta have the ability and intent to match. Seattle send 50k GAM to to Atlanta.

LAFC are about to sign a young European defender. They are going to pay the European club 10M euros. Houston have the young European player on their discovery list. MLS HQ judge that Houston have no ability or intent to sign the player. No GAM exchanged.

Get it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Omar Gonzalez wants to come back to MLS in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Apparently Omar Gonzalez wants to come back to MLS in the summer.
    I would rather just sign Giancarlo Gonzalez who is probably going to the Galaxy but TFC has the number 1 allocation spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You dont just get the 50k GAM because you have the player on your discovery list. There has to be intent and ability to sign the player. The dispute resolution process has been in the rule book for like three years and so teams dont sit on rights.

If Toronto have a player on their discovery list and Portland want to sign him. He's gonna cost 500k total a year between fee and wages. Portland have the means and intent. TFC clearly have the ability and intent to match. Portland send the 50K GAM to TFC to seal the deal.

Atlanta have a young south american player on their discovery list. Seattle want to sign him and have agreed a 5M fee with the SA club. Player wants to come to Seattle. Atlanta have the ability and intent to match. Seattle send 50k GAM to to Atlanta.

LAFC are about to sign a young European defender. They are going to pay the European club 10M euros. Houston have the young European player on their discovery list. MLS HQ judge that Houston have no ability or intent to sign the player. No GAM exchanged.

Get it?
    Maybe, but that’s not what the rules state.

If a club wants to sign a player on the Discovery List of another team, it may offer that team US$50,000 in General Allocation Money in exchange for the right to sign the player. The club with the player on its Discovery List will then have five days (or three days during the Secondary Transfer Window) to either (i) accept the General Allocation Money and give up the right to sign the player or (ii) make the player a genuine, objectively reasonable offer.

Obviously MLS rules are made up and bent all the time, but according to the rules it doesn’t work the way you’ve suggested.

Edit: Get it?
    Last edited by stegosaurus; 04-06-2019 at 11:38 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Arjen Robben?

And I woke up to this....Report: Toronto FC in talks with Bayern Munich’s Arjen Robben

Not sure how I feel about it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    And I woke up to this....Report: Toronto FC in talks with Bayern Munich’s Arjen Robben

Not sure how I feel about it.
    How could TFC afford Arjen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it weren't for his injury concerns over the last several months, I would be very much in favor of signing him. Even at his age, adding him to our left flank could be a huge boost if he is healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fake news. That site is 99% of the times made up rumours.

This Just Kamil on Twitter guy says that he spoke to Curtis after the game. They are close to signing a TAM player, and “this is going to be a player that a lot of TFC fans will like”. Also said brown rumour was 100 percent false.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Fake news. That site is 99% of the times made up rumours.

This Just Kamil on Twitter guy says that he spoke to Curtis after the game. They are close to signing a TAM player, and “this is going to be a player that a lot of TFC fans will like”. Also said brown rumour was 100 percent false.
    Every player (especially retirement league players) is going to be connected with TFC for transfer rumours, because we shelled out lots of money. It’s the same as every player getting interest from PSG via their agents. It’s a contract negotiation strategy designed to get players more money.

Robben still starts when he’s fit at Bayern. Sure, he’s old and spends 75% of his time injured, but the 25% of the time he isn’t he’d be absolutely unstoppable in MLS.

The fact that he’s old, constantly injured, and his contract is up this summer means we could probably get him on TAM.

I would be lying if I said I wouldn’t want this beautiful bald bastard cutting inside and banging in goals at BMO... or waving to him as I walk to my seat while he’s perpetually injured.

Plus, you can never have too many bald players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jony not in Independiente's roster for today again.

I hope we can get a deal done for anyone before the Seattle game. We need width

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Jony not in Independiente's roster for today again.

I hope we can get a deal done for anyone before the Seattle game. We need width
    Jony on the left, Robben on the right! One can dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks. He can stay out of TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know it's not going to actually happen but I'd take Robben in a heartbeat on TAM for 18 mths - seriously?? he's played 23 total matches so far this year and around 40 each the 2 previous years - i understand he can be injury prone but man .... Robben?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I cant handle the primadonna diving. Pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/1114951902658203648

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i know it's not going to actually happen but I'd take Robben in a heartbeat on TAM for 18 mths - seriously?? he's played 23 total matches so far this year and around 40 each the 2 previous years - i understand he can be injury prone but man .... Robben?
    Even if he only plays half the games he be practically a guaranteed goal a game player. I wouldn't say no to a contribution of ~20 goals on a TAM deal. Some people think we can sign the likes of El Shaarawy on TAM deals though and anyone over 25 is "don't want, retirement league."