Page 29 of 118 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    With only one goal in his last 13 games, how is he an improvement over Jansen?
    I also just realized Diego Rossi in L.A is making 1 million per year. Already has 6 goals can play striker and winger.

That is the exact type of player we need!!! That is the type of player TAM can get you if you are smart. Diego Rossi is like a 3 million dollar player now but they got him locked in at 1 mill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    I also just realized Diego Rossi in L.A is making 1 million per year. Already has 6 goals can play striker and winger.

That is the exact type of player we need!!! That is the type of player TAM can get you if you are smart. Diego Rossi is like a 3 million dollar player now but they got him locked in at 1 mill
    LAFC paid a $3.5M transfer fee for Rossi. He's a proper DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    LAFC paid a $3.5M transfer fee for Rossi. He's a proper DP.
    Are you sure? Under new rules can't that be bought down?

TFC wouldn't have agreed to a 3.5 million dollar option to buy Lucas Janson because he would never be a D.P

I could be wrong though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC wouldn't have agreed to a 3.5 million dollar option to buy Lucas Janson because he would never be a D.P

I could be wrong though
    Sounders have three DPs, but their group is different than those with Atlanta, LAFC, the Galaxy, Toronto and even Chicago. Those five teams have three “true DPs” that can’t be bought down with TAM. Grouping Seattle or any of the other teams that can use TAM to buy down one or more of their three DPs with those five clubs isn't entirely accurate. This comes up pretty often in my conversations with coaches and club execs, particularly those from smaller clubs. They’re frustrated with how the different classes of DPs are perceived, and they think it’d be more honest if we re-framed how we talk about them.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...gnated-players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be wrong though
    in order to get rossi under TAM he would need to be on at least an eight year contract to spread the 3.5 million over the length of the contract and be under 1.5 million per year. Also Rossi is a young DP an so only costs 250000 or so to the cap.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoever this TAM winger is gonna be he better be damn good cause currently there are a lot of rumours that the Impact are about to sign Omar Browne on loan with an option to buy. And Browne supposedly re-posted his goal against us on Instagram today. July 13th match can't come soon enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    With only one goal in his last 13 games, how is he an improvement over Jansen?
    What did Jozy have 1 goal in 70 games for Sunderland?

Hes barely being used as a sub, I read he has played well, scoring 1 goal in 3 games.

Also Jansen is what this team needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Whoever this TAM winger is gonna be he better be damn good cause currently there are a lot of rumours that the Impact are about to sign Omar Browne on loan with an option to buy. And Browne supposedly re-posted his goal against us on Instagram today. July 13th match can't come soon enough.
    Yep, they’ve loaned him. Any “Canadian” transfer must get conflated as TFC... I’m not sure media even considers the Caps a Canadian team either.

Also, Twellman said Robben isn’t happening so I’ll never get to watch his shining, beautiful, bald head as he cuts inside at BMO. I’ll never recover from this misery.

Edit: Someone mentioned Valencia earlier; looks like he’s going to DCU to play with Rooney.
    Last edited by stegosaurus; 04-08-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post

Also, Twellman said Robben isn’t happening so I’ll never get to watch his shining, beautiful, bald head as he cuts inside at BMO. I’ll never recover from this misery.
    ESPN saying there were some sort of discussion, so it's not exactly a fully discredited rumour

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-lea...e?platform=amp
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Robben's rep's were one of the other agents Curtis and Manning mentioned speaking to while over in Europe during jthe Pozuelo Soap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ESPN saying there were some sort of discussion, so it's not exactly a fully discredited rumour

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-lea...e?platform=amp
    Yeah, there’s no way he’d come here on a TAM contract unless it was creative Zlatan solution, but he’s not really the kind of guy who is looking to build a brand in North America.

I always figured he’d retire back home, but he’s also said that he doesn’t want to retire there and show poor performances because it would haunt him for the rest of his life.

I’m sure TFC spitballed it but the numbers didn’t line up. Maybe they even did actually ask about Quaresma too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe TAM for 4 months and DP next year with a Bradley resign to TAM + buy down (1.5m)?

I doubt it but maybe that’s why TFC was asking. Probably depends a lot on TFC standings as they likely wouldn’t bother bringing him in June if they are out of the playoff picture quickly. Right now it does look positive for a playoff spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he was the backup DP if the Pozuelo deal fell through?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks... Think about it you sign an aging frequently injured winger so he won’t play on turf, who is going to be fouled consistently by hack defenders... What could possibly go wrong? I hope the FO goes after a younger quick attacking winger, I really don’t care where he’s from. This teams needs to evolve going forward and signing an old player would be counterproductive IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    No thanks... Think about it you sign an aging frequently injured winger so he won’t play on turf, who is going to be fouled consistently by hack defenders... What could possibly go wrong? I hope the FO goes after a younger quick attacking winger, I really don’t care where he’s from. This teams needs to evolve going forward and signing an old player would be counterproductive IMO
    They have TAM money for both a young winger and a guy like Robben.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    They have TAM money for both a young winger and a guy like Robben.

It doesn’t matter IMO, the point is he will be hurt for most of his time here and secondly I rather go younger and build for the next 3-5 years with the squad. Get a TAM winger and a TAM version of Delgado this season. Next offseason start revamping the defence and keep Bradley. That’s the route I think the FO wants to go based on Curtis and Manning’s previous stints with NYRB and RSL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn’t matter IMO, the point is he will be hurt for most of his time here and secondly I rather go younger and build for the next 3-5 years with the squad. Get a TAM winger and a TAM version of Delgado this season. Next offseason start revamping the defence and keep Bradley. That’s the route I think the FO wants to go based on Curtis and Manning’s previous stints with NYRB and RSL.
    They could sign two wingers and a defender. They have tam money from VV, vdw, aketxe and the hagglund trade. Robben would be huge to have in the playoffs and if healthy he might be the best player in the league on tam money. It's a no brainer to bring him in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The point is that they wanted to change formation instantly but have no players to do so. Even if he can’t play, Robben can obviously teach our players something. Jozy had chronic foot and hamstring issues and is our starting DP striker.

Robben would instantly be one of the best players in MLS when fit, for the same reason teams aren’t saying, “Well, Rooney and Zlatan are old so let’s forget about them.”

Robben and Ribéry both start for Bayern in important matches when fit, but they need to transition. They’re both old as fuck, but would be good in MLS. They’re world-class players and there’s a reason Bayern hung onto them long after the turned 30. Same reason Juventus bought Cristiano.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not denying his talent, but my point is he has never played a full season for Bayern in almost 10 seasons. He’s on 9.8 million euros a year, so give up in the idea of a TAM deal especially if there is a side deal like Zlatan did. This screams MLS 2.0 signing. You can’t compare him to Zlatan as he has never been injury prone and his knee injury was the first major injury of his career.

Ronaldo and Lebrun James are athletes like we have never seen before. The longevity of their careers at the most elite level is truly a pleasure to watch and are generational talents. But to compare his impact to the equivalent of Ronaldo to Juve is laughable as Robben as history has shown will miss a large portion of s season which he has only played 9 games. Alos, Bayern didn’t evolve and now are forced to, hindsight is they would probably agree that they should of sold both them at least a year or two ago.
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 04-08-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not denying his talent, but my point is he has never played a full season for Bayern in almost 10 seasons. He’s on 9.8 million euros a year, so give up in the idea of a TAM deal especially if there is a side deal like Zlatan did. This screams MLS 2.0 signing. You can’t compare him to Zlatan as he has never been injury prone and his knee injury was the first major injury of his career.

Ronaldo and Lebrun James are athletes like we have never seen before. The longevity of their careers at the most elite level is truly a pleasure to watch and are generational talents. Bayern didn’t evolve and now are forced to, hindsight is they would agree they should of sold them at least a year or two ago.
    I said numerous times it wasn’t going to happen even on a free because of salary. Maybe you’re thinking of someone else?

Zlatan hindered PSG and was pretty bad at ManU so I’m not sure longevity mattered that much. It’s just that players who come to MLS and try end up being very good versus those who don’t. Shrek is still scoring for fun too.

Bayern actually had talents on both wings and they’re set to win the Bundesliga yet again despite a bad start due to coaching. Keeping an absolutely dominant pair of wingers dedicated to your club to show the younger players how to play is actually not a bad decision. Franck speaks better German than French. Which world-class wingers could Bayern have purchased 2 years ago? D. Costa got banished to Juventus for not being good enough... would TFC not be improved by that addition?

Was unaware Lebron played football... will he win MVP of basketball this year?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is a way any longtime World XI type player can come to TFC as a TAM player, and he's not in a wheelchair....I really am not interested in all these nuanced anguished ”MLS 2.0 vs MLS 3.0” debates.. I want that player.

If it doesn’t work, we can move on. But give me a break, I am not more interested in ”jony” than Arjen Robben.

Suspect there is is no way Robben would come for less than say $5M a year though.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If there is a way any longtime World XI type player can come to TFC as a TAM player, and he's not in a wheelchair....I really am not interested in all these nuanced anguished ”MLS 2.0 vs MLS 3.0” debates.. I want that player.

If it doesn’t work, we can move on. But give me a break, I am not more interested in ”jony” than Arjen Robben.

Suspect there is is no way Robben would come for less than say $5M a year though.
    I kind of had a shower thought - do we need someone on the right? Call me crazy but TFC is actually doing quite well on the right side of the field. It's the left-side that needs help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I kind of had a shower thought - do we need someone on the right? Call me crazy but TFC is actually doing quite well on the right side of the field. It's the left-side that needs help.
    id cosign that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL if you can sign Robben on a TAM deal you let him play left, right, middle or upside down. All due respect but whats wrong with you people!? (said laughing and not mockingly but totally serious)

Arjen effin Robben people!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    LOL if you can sign Robben on a TAM deal you let him play left, right, middle or upside down. All due respect but whats wrong with you people!? (said laughing and not mockingly but totally serious)

Look, le cut inside man needs to actually be able to... cut inside. Every single one of his highlights has him running down on his right, cutting inside, and then slamming it home. Playing him on the left doesn't make sense. I don't think he's the right fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post

Robben could play five more years and still be better than DeLeon who I like and has been solid. They do need a left winger badly, Jony will be the guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Robben could play five more years and still be better than DeLeon who I like and has been solid. They do need a left winger badly, Jony will be the guy.
    In 5 years of MLS I bet he'd play around 80 of 170 matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robben and Ribery would switch sides all the time in game for Bayern, he could play on the left for sure. He is one old guy I wouldn't have minded taking a flyer on, would be a great mentor for Shaffleburg as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Look, le cut inside man needs to actually be able to... cut inside. Every single one of his highlights has him running down on his right, cutting inside, and then slamming it home. Playing him on the left doesn't make sense. I don't think he's the right fit.
    To be fair he probably has better distribution than Bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling Arjen E. Robbin would be a cancer in the locker room ala VDV. That whole dutch team has under-performed based on potential worse than any team in history (including TFC circa Danny K) as it is rife with pure asshats. I'm very wary of anyone from that group disrupting what now seems to be like a cohesive locker room. But as I've never met the man maybe he's a wonderful person. Doubt it but stranger things have happened.